All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
EEV320

Re: MY2021 SOTA

Post by EEV320 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:29 pm

tutis wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:49 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 am
For those who have had issues with driver profile. What is the expected behaviour of the car?

I would have expected the car to detect my key, assume I am me and log me into my profile. Instead what seems to happen is that I get a brief burst of welcome and asked to select either guest or my own profile (if I select myself it logs me in with no additional action normally) but if I don't log myself in it seems to set up as guest.

Is this what it should do?
The expected behaviour is indeed that the car loads up your profile when it recognises the key or the phone. I’ve been involved in software development and let’s just say that this level of quality assurance on display by Jaguar would have cost many people their jobs in any other environment. I suspect non-safety related software is outsourced and Jaguar would do well to learn from VW and Tesla and take the whole thing in-house. Infotainment is the visible part of the iceberg, jaguar’s daily interaction with the customer and having something this poor makes one wonder what other poor QA Jaguar has done under the hood. It’s shocking that this could ever ship to begin with and it’s shocking that this could endure still broken for so long.
That’s exactly what I think. Tesla did it the other way round. The infotainment is great. They saved dollars on things that a lot of customers wouldn’t realize, like paint thickness on the edges.

Pivi pro is still new. The overall idea is not bad. I hope they get this done soon. Otherwise the chance will be gone for good. They have this in EVERY car in the JLR Family. That can be a lot of broken glass.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

numec

Post by numec » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:32 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 am
For those who have had issues with driver profile. What is the expected behaviour of the car?

I would have expected the car to detect my key, assume I am me and log me into my profile. Instead what seems to happen is that I get a brief burst of welcome and asked to select either guest or my own profile (if I select myself it logs me in with no additional action normally) but if I don't log myself in it seems to set up as guest.

Is this what it should do?
When my car was on the older software, yes this was the issue. Sometimes, it logged me correctly, sometimes it stays on the guest and chooses it if I don't do anything. With the new Software, it doesn't do that, but unfortunately, it is still broken. And I also found out 2 more annoying things they removed!
1) Fan speed (pull) climate control now disabled.
2) No longer able to control the rear Heated seats from the lower touch screen.

The software seems stable and better in not having 'amnesia', but at the above costs.

numec

Post by numec » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:42 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm
So I have got my car back and checked the software updates.

There was a software update applied on the 10th December and the version is now showing. I had no warning of this though or anything to flag it had been done.

Interestingly this coincides with SoC starting to appear reliably in the apps so, it seems like this may have been a simple software fault all along. It would be interesting to learn if the latest software drop has fixed other owners SOC reporting issues?

The car does seem to be reliably offering me the option to log in as me by just touching my user icon at start but does not seem to automatically do this based upon me being in the car with my paired key and phone, is this just how it is?

To be fair to the dealers it has just been into, they resolved the master PIN problem which seems to be a standard 4 digits that no-one has ever mentioned previously. They also confirmed that currently Jaguar are not supporting 3rd party eSIM's. I expect this is only really an issue after the expiry of the 3 year packages included in MY21 cars but I would still like to switch to a more reliable network.
The SOC update for the app was part of the fix they did on the SOTA you received as that was for the TCU update. PIVI update (when they come), will be much bigger and it will ask for user confirmation for the update to install. Theoretically, the smart settings should work as the pre-PIVI PRO where the personalised settings will be recalled when it recognises the smart key and the phone added to the profile: https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/i ... ology.html

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:57 am

I’ve had a software update available at least for the live Apps eversince I bought the car 2 weeks ago. It just never downloads and is stuck at 0%.

I wonder if my car would download anything at all.
I realized I have a tiny R-Symbol next to the icon to show signal-Strength. I recon it means Roaming. So I assume the English SIM sees my car in Germany and so it’s roaming?! Might that be a reason to not download big content?

I also tried to connect to another WiFi, which didn’t work or didn’t help.
Any ideas?
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:40 pm

I am on POS 2.0.3 P10AR as well. It was already in my car when I picked it up. But today, for the first time it lost all the profiles as well.
Dang!
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

Dino07

Post by Dino07 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Do you have updates to this? I am also having issues with the car forgetting my profile and it cannot remember any sort of scheduled pre conditioning.

numec

Post by numec » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Ok, maybe this is more appropriate thread to share. For 21MY, here are the lists of SOTA update so far:
2.0.3 (TCU) - fix Remote update info and few other issues.
2.0.6 (Pivi) - fix a lot of infotainment issues, losing profile is 1 of them.
2.0.8 (TCU) - planned

It will have to be in sequence for the SOTA update to be downloaded and installed. TCU will be silent update (in the background without prompting user to install/postpone etc).

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 am

I have had issues of the car forgetting my profile twice since 2.0.6 was installed.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

recalluk

Post by recalluk » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:55 am

Brand new my21 here also updated to 2.0.6 and losing profiles, looks like its certainly not fully fixed.

Annoying as it a proper beast 😁
My21 HSE - Santorini Black, Black Pack, Pano Roof - Software 2.0.6 P10C1

numec

Post by numec » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Give it a last chance. Maybe 3rd time's a charm? :)
I think if I recall correctly, i lost mine 2 times too but just after putting it on charge.
But never since.