Re: MY2021 SOTA

Post by numec » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 pm

MyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:48 am
numec wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:26 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:31 pm

I have the car booked in next week for a further look at the SoC unreliability via the Apps so hopefully they will apply the update as part of that exercise.
Hope you get the issues fixed soon. As for the SOC and app data updates, it is supposed to be fixed with the TCU 9.1 update. I haven't seen this issue along with better success rate for setting departure time after the SOTA update, but having said that, I'm having difficulty to refresh data in the App recently.
Numec, could I ask what software versions are running in your vehicle? You mentioned TCU 9.1 but nothing for the info I can get for my car seems to have that format. The car info screen states version OS 2.0.3 P10AR and Wattcat has TCU software version as L8B2-70712-AN. None of these seem to tie in with the older model year versions.
Hi, sorry for the late response. So the OS 2.0.3 P10AR is the SOTA silent update (in the background, and never ask for any user confirmation) which is the TCU 9.1 (This can be checked in Topix). I don't really use the wattcat to check the SW version as the Topix should be accurate enough to show the log of the SOTA history from downloading % until installation completion. We are expecting more SOTA to come soon 2021 arrives too. Hope this helps.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm

How can I check whether the software is the latest version if the car doesn't give me a version? My car has just been in for what appears to be an apparently pointless day at the dealer where no-one seems to understand what they are doing. The very least I expected was that the software would be updated but it hasn't been and I am told it is "the latest version because that is what pivi pro says", and I get the impression that their workshop is the equivalent of that scene in 2001 where the monkeys are banging bones by the monolith except in this case wielding spanners not bones and my car being the monolith with a bit of Strauss playing on the radio in the background.

I am getting utterly peed off by the apparent incompetence of everyone I seem to deal with at Jaguar and am now starting to totally despair in getting this resolved.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

numec

Post by numec » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm
How can I check whether the software is the latest version if the car doesn't give me a version? My car has just been in for what appears to be an apparently pointless day at the dealer where no-one seems to understand what they are doing. The very least I expected was that the software would be updated but it hasn't been and I am told it is "the latest version because that is what pivi pro says", and I get the impression that their workshop is the equivalent of that scene in 2001 where the monkeys are banging bones by the monolith except in this case wielding spanners not bones and my car being the monolith with a bit of Strauss playing on the radio in the background.

I am getting utterly peed off by the apparent incompetence of everyone I seem to deal with at Jaguar and am now starting to totally despair in getting this resolved.
So they just 'checked' and didn't do any Software update at all? If I may ask, when did you get your car delivered?

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 pm

numec wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm

So they just 'checked' and didn't do any Software update at all? If I may ask, when did you get your car delivered?
Apparently so

Mine was in the first batch of MY21s delivered I got it on the 16th October
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Maettu

Post by Maettu » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:51 am

Software seems to rank as the top liability with cars nowadays. My MY21 is the same condition as electric beagles. No version number visible. A number of features not working (inControl link, deactivation of the gesture tailgate not working, Profile getting lost regularly)
I got an update for the live apps yesterday, but no notable difference.

Have an appointment with the dealership near my workplace in January, they schedule a whole day for the update procedure. Seems the dealer I bought the I-Pace had not updated the car, but in my opinion nearly all the dealerships regardless of the car brand are hilariously uninformed. We will see.
ElectroCat MY21
Software bugs @ 2.0.8 blabla

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:06 am

I was told my car would need to be in at least 5 days in January to do anything which just makes zero sense to me and I shudder at the thought of an XE for a week

I also had a live update en route to the dealer yesterday no idea what it does.

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:51 am

i wonder, what is your software version on live apps and which apps do you see available?
Mine shows me there is an update available but it would not proceed and seems to be stuck at 0%.

I´m still missing the option to link my outlook calender. The only thing I can connect is music. I was wondering if that would change with the live apps update.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm

So I have got my car back and checked the software updates.

There was a software update applied on the 10th December and the version is now showing. I had no warning of this though or anything to flag it had been done.

Interestingly this coincides with SoC starting to appear reliably in the apps so, it seems like this may have been a simple software fault all along. It would be interesting to learn if the latest software drop has fixed other owners SOC reporting issues?

The car does seem to be reliably offering me the option to log in as me by just touching my user icon at start but does not seem to automatically do this based upon me being in the car with my paired key and phone, is this just how it is?

To be fair to the dealers it has just been into, they resolved the master PIN problem which seems to be a standard 4 digits that no-one has ever mentioned previously. They also confirmed that currently Jaguar are not supporting 3rd party eSIM's. I expect this is only really an issue after the expiry of the 3 year packages included in MY21 cars but I would still like to switch to a more reliable network.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 am

For those who have had issues with driver profile. What is the expected behaviour of the car?

I would have expected the car to detect my key, assume I am me and log me into my profile. Instead what seems to happen is that I get a brief burst of welcome and asked to select either guest or my own profile (if I select myself it logs me in with no additional action normally) but if I don't log myself in it seems to set up as guest.

Is this what it should do?

tutis

Post by tutis » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:49 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 am
For those who have had issues with driver profile. What is the expected behaviour of the car?

I would have expected the car to detect my key, assume I am me and log me into my profile. Instead what seems to happen is that I get a brief burst of welcome and asked to select either guest or my own profile (if I select myself it logs me in with no additional action normally) but if I don't log myself in it seems to set up as guest.

Is this what it should do?
The expected behaviour is indeed that the car loads up your profile when it recognises the key or the phone. I’ve been involved in software development and let’s just say that this level of quality assurance on display by Jaguar would have cost many people their jobs in any other environment. I suspect non-safety related software is outsourced and Jaguar would do well to learn from VW and Tesla and take the whole thing in-house. Infotainment is the visible part of the iceberg, jaguar’s daily interaction with the customer and having something this poor makes one wonder what other poor QA Jaguar has done under the hood. It’s shocking that this could ever ship to begin with and it’s shocking that this could endure still broken for so long.