MY2021 SOTA

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
MyCat

MY2021 SOTA

Post by MyCat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Having taken delivery of the cat in early November, I could not determine what software version the car was on - the car settings just stated that the software is up to date and the installed version line was blank...until this morning when after commuting to work, I noticed the following :

Do any other MY21 drivers have something similar? I hope this makes for a more stable system.

IMG_7052.jpg

MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

Liteup

Re: MY2021 SOTA

Post by Liteup » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:56 am

Hi, driving in Germany with a MY21 but I am still on OS 2.0.3 P7AR???

Maettu

Post by Maettu » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:34 am

I am still stuck with blank spaces. no idea how to initialize an update. (got some Live-App updates a few days ago)
ElectroCat MY21
Software bugs @ 2.0.8 blabla

Liteup

Post by Liteup » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 am

Is it even possible on MY21 to manually request an update? I think there is nothing else to do than wait?

fa147

Post by fa147 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Unfortunately, I (and a fair number of users) can’t be of much help to you because we have the older cars with Touch Pro Duo.

Otherwise, you’d already have a number of replies to your post with what’s the newest software version and its benefits/drawbacks.

This is where the newer members (with My21+ cars) are going to start to shine. :roll: my car was only relevant for 18 months. :cry:
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C1_20.48.3-635557 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0116.0157
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

N2f

Post by N2f » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:22 pm

I took delivery of my car on 30th Nov. The screen is also blank with no idea what the current version of the software is?

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks to all for the responses. I would say just give it time and the update will come through, as in my case - I did not do anything to get the download. I also had no version showing initially. I doubt there is a way to force an update.
It would be good if JLR published the software versions available for specific periods as well as country specific versions. With so many connectivity options, it cannot not be that hard to push a notification to the car!

fa147, I know where you are coming from but sometimes, change is not necessarily a good thing (for example autonomous cars - off topic - but I would rather control the car myself than leave it to AI!)

JagsG

Post by JagsG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:10 pm

MyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 pm
Having taken delivery of the cat in early November, I could not determine what software version the car was on - the car settings just stated that the software is up to date and the installed version line was blank...until this morning when after commuting to work, I noticed the following :

Do any other MY21 drivers have something similar? I hope this makes for a more stable system.
Did you have any problems with the software before updating?
Because I do. Owning since 7 days, twice my profile was just deleted... gone!! Wtf?
Once, the Spotify App wasnt there any more? After setting up my profile again, it was there again.
When starting the car, I always need to confirm wich profile I want to use (mine or guest). Why? the key is linked to my profile. Shouldnt ask for it, right?!
And if I dont confirm my profile, its set to "guest" automatically. Why is there a guest profile anyway?!
And sometimes, Media isnt able to be "clicked", no reaction.
REALLY HOPING FOR THE UPDATE ASAP!!!

Anyone else having issues with the non updated PIVI PRO?
MY21 - Eiger Grey - EV320

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:48 pm

JagsG wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:10 pm
MyCat wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Did you have any problems with the software before updating?
Because I do. Owning since 7 days, twice my profile was just deleted... gone!! Wtf?
Once, the Spotify App wasnt there any more? After setting up my profile again, it was there again.
When starting the car, I always need to confirm wich profile I want to use (mine or guest). Why? the key is linked to my profile. Shouldnt ask for it, right?!
And if I dont confirm my profile, its set to "guest" automatically. Why is there a guest profile anyway?!
And sometimes, Media isnt able to be "clicked", no reaction.
REALLY HOPING FOR THE UPDATE ASAP!!!

Anyone else having issues with the non updated PIVI PRO?
No, I didn’t have any of the problems mentioned. My profile always logs in but every so often, the car ‘forgets’ my settings for preconditioning and trip departure times. I wonder whether it is a case of not using the car on a daily basis (due to lockdown restrictions), such that the ‘memory settings’ don’t refresh. I recall somewhere in the forums it being mentioned that an electronic key is generated for some setting that lasts for a day or so only, so if the car is unused for longer, a new key has to be generated which requires logging in again. This however doesn’t account for all the problems you are having - I really feel for you because I would go crazy if I were in your position. I really hope the update gets to you soon.
As for the guest profile, when you allow a guest to drive and don’t want to muck up your settings....?

numec

Post by numec » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi, the P10AR SOTA update you received was for the TCU with the latest update (version 9.1). I had that updated on 27th Nov. Also, for anyone having the profile issues on the PIVI Pro, the new infotainment Software update is starting to come out with the fix. Any question, let me know ;)
Last edited by numec on Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.