MY2021 SOTA

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
electric beagle

Re: MY2021 SOTA

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:02 pm

EEV320 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:00 pm
I think the easiest way to see the difference between 2.03 and 2.0.6 is Auto hold as a shortcut when you go to settings.
That or the halo highlighting of soft buttons in use on the screen
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Dino07

Post by Dino07 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:52 am

I have 2.0.8a and the profile issue is back (or never really went away).
Does anyone have a stable profile that the car remembers?

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Dino07 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:52 am
I have 2.0.8a and the profile issue is back (or never really went away).
Does anyone have a stable profile that the car remembers?
The profile issue seems to have come back after 2.0.8a

It was stable for me for a while after the third login following 2.0.6

I am on my third login post 2.0.8a now and hoping that stays stable it was fine yesterday.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ACB5

Post by ACB5 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:25 pm

My issues have never gone away and as you say 2.08a has definately not stopped the problem in fact when the update happened that was when I lost the profiles again and has occured again since.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 pm

ACB5 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:25 pm
My issues have never gone away and as you say 2.08a has definately not stopped the problem in fact when the update happened that was when I lost the profiles again and has occured again since.
How many times did you resent the profiles for 2.0.6? As I say third time worked a charm for me and was very stable thereafter, again as you say 2.0.8a wiped the profile data (well it doesn't actually seem to wipe as evidently it is still there and I never had to restore say my home address) twice on Friday but since the third reset its been stable so far.

ACB5

Post by ACB5 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:52 pm

It reset 6 times with 2.06 and has reset twice now with 2.08a, because of the issues with not logging onto incontrol I only set up my profiles fairly recently as there was no point until I had access. My profiles only last 2 days at most, and I am just getting fed up of inputting the data, linking the keys to two people and setting up the screens. Surely it should not be like this.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:01 pm

I don’t really understand the logic behind this. Do they store the profile in the cloud? Quite often I had the feeling that the profile was restored after a reboot anf it was all there after a little bit. It felt like it downloaded the profile.

I mean, how hard can it be to just store the profile on the internal hard drive?

Another thing is recon is, that they have problems with the control units. I would make a bet that my tcu goes to deep sleep too fast anf that is the problem for my app Notverordnung properly. If I wake it up it works. I lost these features after the first update to 2.0.6 when a lot of other users got rid of these problems.

From the forums you can tell that there are common bugs but also things that work for some, and for some they dont.

My guess is: they have problems with the Sota updates. If not all control units are in the state they should be, they fuck smth Up.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:29 am

Hello
I had my induction to the I Pace chat yesterday with Matt at Jaguar in lieu of invite to the factory for new owners in normal times. Apparently JLR send software updates by VIN number blocks so as not to overload the servers. Your dealer can push you up the queue as Matt did for me yesterday. Nothing you can do yourself except wait for your turn
MY21 HSE Indus Silver, Light Oyster interior, Charcoal Ash Trim, Air Suspension, Active Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Fog Lights. Very satisfied so far.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:44 pm

I have now had about 6 profile wipes since the 2.0.8a update, it's definitely regressed the profile problem.

There is a school of thought on the other forum that attempts to login from too many sources cause this issue too. Yesterday I had to change my password to be able to set up my new profile (again) even though I was entering correct details so perhaps there is a cloud connectivity issue?

I also find everything is far more reliable when I plug in my phone before starting the car. What seems to happen is the car defaults to pulling data from the phone first rather than its own Comms SIM. This is I think the reason why the signal strength for the Comms SIM disappears when your own phone is plugged in and it can pull data from it.

razor777

Post by razor777 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:05 pm

I took ownership of my HSE Ipace yesterday and have to admit - the car is epic.

In terms of the software updates, it came pre-installed with 2.03. I connected to WiFi as we have a MESH network that has a good signal outside and within about 2 hours it went from 2.03 -> 2.06 -> 2.08a. Not sure if using wifi increased the rate of SOTA updates but there was no attempt to update before I hooked it up to the WIFI.

Profile wise, it's only been 24 hours but have not yet lost my profile. The only issue that did occur is that between 2.06 and 2.08a it lost the satnav map and is now prompting me to download from USB. Though attempting to install the map downloader on Windows 10 results in a blank screen. I work that issue out later.

The next issue is that charging time on my home 7kw PodPoint is... 1 mile per hour. Yes you read that right - not sure if that is software related and I'm exaggerating a bit as it does flex from 1mile to 7 miles but not sure what is the cause of that. Will try and hook up to a commercial charger to see if the rate increases which at that point will either rule in a car issue or a home charger issue.

Did I say the car is epic? It's epic.