Couple of Newbie Questions....

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
milnei

Re: Couple of Newbie Questions....

Post by milnei » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:19 am

Update....

Took the car over to Jaguar in Northampton with my 'snagging list'. I said that I didn't want the car back until all the issues have been resolved. Got a call in the afternoon saying that their Master Tech was stumped. They've setup a 'case' with JLR to get some feedback from their experts. So they're keeping the car until they have some direction from JLR.

He did believe that they'd sorted out the cameras. There was a firmware update which has now uploaded. I though SOTA was supposed to push such updates without the need to go to a dealer. Or is it because it's firmware rather than software, that the car has to be with them?

So to summarise here's the list again.
1. Front and rear cameras only occasionally come on
2. Profiles not being automatically selected when either key is used (they have been linked to each key)
3. Seat memory positions not saved to the key (key 1 memories 1, 2 and 3 are the same with key 2)
4. Charger lights only working occasionally (car does charge though)
5. Cannot link the car to my InControl account, The VIN method says the car is already registered to another account, and likewise the linking method where you click 'Get Started' and then press the service button in the car does nothing either....
21MY HSE Eiger Grey

steadijim

Post by steadijim » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Have you found a Spotify app built into the car? I can only find Spotify via apple CarPlay so I haven’t figured out the point in connecting accounts! Same with RingGo. I connected both my accounts for no apparent purpose.

Is there some way to download apps into the car itself?

Only had mine a week and finding the UX pretty confusing.

Topdown

Post by Topdown » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Interested to see how they fix the memory seat / key issue.
HSE Yulong White
MY19 - 150 miles on the clock Oct-20
22” Wheels Style 50609 Carbon Inserts
All toys except HUD
Vehicle connectivity 19.2
Battery Control System BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Infotainment updated 30-Jan-21
S20C1_20.48.3-635557

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:13 pm

The latest updates fix most of these issues but the profile to seat memory issue seems to be still there, the camera issue seems to be a specific problem to your car and the Spotify issue is inexplicable.

You can link Spotify on the car itself. Go to the main menu with all the icons, select connected accounts, select Spotify, fill the details and then follow the guidance.

You don't need to do this via on control (and incontrol is an old app the latest and most appropriate is jaguar remote).

Suggest you try this approach I see no need to ever mess about with incontrol if in fact it does anything useful. Jaguar here absolutely does not work with MY21
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

milnei

Post by milnei » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:32 am

Right, here's an update....

When I got my car back they told me that they changed the Telematics Control Unit which did fix was the remote link with the car so I could do pre-conditioning and all that connectivity stuff. Although they thought they'd fixed the cameras, they hadn't.

I then got Jaguar Experience involved (customer services in other words) and they got in touch with Northampton and within a day I was contacted buy the service manager at Northampton who asked me to bring the car back to them, and that they would sort out a loan car. So I took the car back over and picked up an new XE which was very nice and fun to drive, but did seem to be somewhat archaic compared to the 'Starship i-Pace'.

After a couple of days they needed the XE back so Jaguar Assist brought out to me an identical i-Pace and took the XE back to Northampton. And that's what I've had ever since. The reason for the delays in getting my car back is that they are awaiting delivery of another module which is on back order and is coming from Austria. Brexit and Covid are not helping either.

I have also had to call out Jag Assist to fix their loan i-Pace as it stopped accepting charge!

I now have an eta for the part to arrive at Northampton of the 24th Feb, so fingers crossed I'll have my car back soon after.
21MY HSE Eiger Grey

RobN

Post by RobN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm

scm wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 pm
milnei wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:09 pm
3. Managed to select my home location off the map, and then setting it as 'Home'.
From a security point of view, you've made it easy for anyone who manages to steal your car and keys while you're out and about to make a killing! I've heard of people who set their local police station (assuming you have one!) as their home location. Or just set it to a location near your home as you can find your way from there without giving away too much.
Great point scm! Worth everyone noting, thanks!
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:34 am

RobN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm
scm wrote:
milnei wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:09 pm
3. Managed to select my home location off the map, and then setting it as 'Home'.
From a security point of view, you've made it easy for anyone who manages to steal your car and keys while you're out and about to make a killing! I've heard of people who set their local police station (assuming you have one!) as their home location. Or just set it to a location near your home as you can find your way from there without giving away too much.
My home location is set to my street, not my house.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Volkswarren wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:34 am
RobN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm
scm wrote:

My home location is set to my street, not my house.
How real an issue is this? I would have thought you would need to be a complete idiot to steal a car with built in tracking. How do they steal your car and keys together? Its not likely to be the sort of car to attract car jackings. Wouldn't your keys in a keyless ignition car stay in your pocket anyway?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Has anyone on the forum ever heard of an I-Pace being stolen? If so did they get it back?
MY20, Cesium Blue HSE, no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

TheBook

Post by TheBook » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:29 pm

steadijim wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:32 pm
Have you found a Spotify app built into the car? I can only find Spotify via apple CarPlay so I haven’t figured out the point in connecting accounts! Same with RingGo. I connected both my accounts for no apparent purpose.

Is there some way to download apps into the car itself?

Only had mine a week and finding the UX pretty confusing.
I too have connected my Ringgo app but I can’t find it anywhere in the car. Does anyone know where it’s supposed to be?!
MY20 I-Pace HSE
Mercedes E350 cabriolet - for sale
Range Rover Evoque Autobiography