I-Pace range

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Jarjarstar
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: Netherlands/OV

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Jarjarstar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm

MartijnEV wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 pm
My experience so far is that there is a huge difference in consumption with my i-Pace between a trip departure pre-heated versus a non pre-heated departure, measured over a 100 km journey, similar driving style and speed.
I’m also on 20’s, still with summer tires. Pre-heating helps, but I don’t do that always and it sure doesn’t explain the 20% difference. Maybe winter tires have a negative impact on efficiency?
HSE Corris Grey - Oyster interior, since mid nov’18


Getjaggywithit
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Location: NL

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Getjaggywithit » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Still on summer tyres 😭


Getjaggywithit
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Location: NL

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Getjaggywithit » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Getjaggywithit wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm
Still on summer tyres 😭
Sorry, not that bad. But just reaaaaally want to hit low 20s :-)


Chimpils
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Chimpils » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 am

Then my bet is small car differences, different driving styles and different tires (rolling resistance) since you are on 20's both of you.
Also if adaptive cruise , lane assist and other features are on that could cause it?

Both of you have air suspensions ? Pano roof, hmm, doubt the difference is big but panoramic could also cause a weight and clima factor ofc...


User avatar
MartijnEV
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:11 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: I-Pace range

Post by MartijnEV » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Fully charged during the night, pre-heated in the morning, 349 km when leaving this morning.
Not bad.

75684010-4232-4B67-8013-58F7E75949A2.jpeg

The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 November | VIN number communicated: 21 November | PDI completed: 26/27 November | Delivery: 3 December


dr.tube
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: I-Pace range

Post by dr.tube » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am

mdi-ispace wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 pm
Why you barely can’t use the I-Pace for long distance drives (600km+) like you can with a Tesla model S.

...
Thanks for this detailed report, mdi-ispace. It sounds like a little nightmare. I will definitely use the car for driving the alps to go skiing&ski-touring because it will replace all of my ICE cars. Obviously there's a lot of planning in advance necessary for doing such road trips. I'm really excited how this will work out for me :? :) ...

Will try trip to Switzerland this Saturday. With 2 adults, lots of luggage, an young dog and probably a roof-box. Reading experiences this far it might be quitte of a challenge. I hope to arrive saturday night, so I can make a detailed post on Sunday :shock:
2013 Outlander PHEV :oops: 2016 BMW i3 33 kWh :D 2018 I-Pace HSE (and keeping the BMW i3!)


fox_nl
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:16 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: I-Pace range

Post by fox_nl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am

dr.tube wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am
mdi-ispace wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 pm
Why you barely can’t use the I-Pace for long distance drives (600km+) like you can with a Tesla model S.

...
Thanks for this detailed report, mdi-ispace. It sounds like a little nightmare. I will definitely use the car for driving the alps to go skiing&ski-touring because it will replace all of my ICE cars. Obviously there's a lot of planning in advance necessary for doing such road trips. I'm really excited how this will work out for me :? :) ...

Will try trip to Switzerland this Saturday. With 2 adults, lots of luggage, an young dog and probably a roof-box. Reading experiences this far it might be quitte of a challenge. I hope to arrive saturday night, so I can make a detailed post on Sunday :shock:
Very useful reports indeed. Also looking forward to your report this weekend as we are planning a skiing holiday to austria (870km) this chrismas (with loaded car and roofbox). Seriously thinking about leaving a day early with an overnight stay.


Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm

dr.tube wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am
mdi-ispace wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 pm
Why you barely can’t use the I-Pace for long distance drives (600km+) like you can with a Tesla model S.

...
Thanks for this detailed report, mdi-ispace. It sounds like a little nightmare. I will definitely use the car for driving the alps to go skiing&ski-touring because it will replace all of my ICE cars. Obviously there's a lot of planning in advance necessary for doing such road trips. I'm really excited how this will work out for me :? :) ...

Will try trip to Switzerland this Saturday. With 2 adults, lots of luggage, an young dog and probably a roof-box. Reading experiences this far it might be quitte of a challenge. I hope to arrive saturday night, so I can make a detailed post on Sunday :shock:
Travelling to Switzerland if the Ionity chargers work should be relative straightforward presuming you take A61, A5 to Switzerland. For various Europe trips I looked on Fastned, Ionity and https://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankstellen/ to see where chargers are and list them that were on my way. See below what I pulled together for trip from Tilburg to Lago Maggiore in Italy.

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels I Ordered 25th April I Produced 8th October I Delivered 28th October


Max69
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:53 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Max69 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm
dr.tube wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am
mdi-ispace wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 pm
Why you barely can’t use the I-Pace for long distance drives (600km+) like you can with a Tesla model S.

...
Thanks for this detailed report, mdi-ispace. It sounds like a little nightmare. I will definitely use the car for driving the alps to go skiing&ski-touring because it will replace all of my ICE cars. Obviously there's a lot of planning in advance necessary for doing such road trips. I'm really excited how this will work out for me :? :) ...

Will try trip to Switzerland this Saturday. With 2 adults, lots of luggage, an young dog and probably a roof-box. Reading experiences this far it might be quitte of a challenge. I hope to arrive saturday night, so I can make a detailed post on Sunday :shock:
Travelling to Switzerland if the Ionity chargers work should be relative straightforward presuming you take A61, A5 to Switzerland. For various Europe trips I looked on Fastned, Ionity and https://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankstellen/ to see where chargers are and list them that were on my way. See below what I pulled together for trip from Tilburg to Lago Maggiore in Italy.
Capture.JPG
Nice ride, with plenty of fast charging points.
HSE Santorini black, black leather (red for now will be changed in Feb), panoramic, air, drive assist, 20 wheels.


Max69
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:53 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Max69 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

MartijnEV wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am
Fully charged during the night, pre-heated in the morning, 349 km when leaving this morning.
Not bad.
Believe you didn’t reset it by pressing simultaneously the gas and brake pedal for 10-15 sec? It will reset the range and should be higher than your 349km.
HSE Santorini black, black leather (red for now will be changed in Feb), panoramic, air, drive assist, 20 wheels.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”