Car charging but range not increasing

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Julianp123

Car charging but range not increasing

Post by Julianp123 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Happened twice now. Battery charges to 100% but range doesn’t change from start of charging??? Any ideas guys?

ACB5

Re: Car charging but range not increasing

Post by ACB5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Yep, Happens with mine as well. The range stays the same as when the car started charging but updates when I next get in the car to the correct level. Appears not to be a Wattcat issue as the jaguar app shows the same value.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Similar issue with me but as ACBS alluded to, I think the car needs to be ‘reset’ - when next getting into the car/at the next start up, then the range updates. This is a flaw and maybe has something to do with the new software on MY21 cars? I wonder whether older models have the same issue...
It is still irritating though - does it mean that you cannot get a charge status update when enjoying the amenities (hopefully in the post Covid world) at the motorway services whilst the car is charging, without having to physically go to the car to check the battery level?
Hopefully it’s just a teething issue with the new models?
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:59 pm

ACB5 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 pm
Yep, Happens with mine as well. The range stays the same as when the car started charging but updates when I next get in the car to the correct level. Appears not to be a Wattcat issue as the jaguar app shows the same value.
So I have the opposite problem, my range does increase but % charge doesn't and normally shows zero.

I wonder if its some issue with reconfiguring pivi pro from fuel usage to electric?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Julianp123

Post by Julianp123 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:18 pm

May app says 0% until I get in car and everything resets.
Not great for 75k car is it though

This issue aside I love my new ipace. Much better than 911 or 718s so much more responsive and better handling by far.

SteveD53

Post by SteveD53 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:21 pm

I have the same problem on my MY21 HSE. The dealer said it was due to the temperature but it's a bit warmer now and the problem remains. Now up to 73% charge but the range is still 88 miles. I tried a brake/accelerator range reset but that had no effect.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:36 pm

This seems to be normal since the MY21 December update which fixed SoC reporting on the app the range has not updated on the app until charging is complete. To be honest SoC is much more useful as a report than the guestimate of range.

If you have a problem with SoC updates on the MY21 you need the software update
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

TJPace

Post by TJPace » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:20 pm

Hi all I have 2020 HSE when I first got this vehicle full charge mileage range 265 , not even 3 months on only getting a range of 235 that’s 12% loss in range, if it continues at this rate loss the range mileage will be down to 120 miles ! with JLR given 8 year 100,000 warranty on the batteries, see how long that can be viable?

Dragos.balaban

Post by Dragos.balaban » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:27 pm

TJPace wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:20 pm
Hi all I have 2020 HSE when I first got this vehicle full charge mileage range 265 , not even 3 months on only getting a range of 235 that’s 12% loss in range, if it continues at this rate loss the range mileage will be down to 120 miles ! with JLR given 8 year 100,000 warranty on the batteries, see how long that can be viable?
Are you also experiencing the same issue with range not reported correctly while charging?

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:35 pm

TjPace - the drop in range is a guesstimate based on driving style, weather conditions etc and not battery degradation. There are other threads in the forum mentioning this.
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.