Driver profile

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
electric beagle

Driver profile

Post by electric beagle » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Should the driver profile be detected from starting the car with the paired key (or phone)?

In order to get things like spotify etc to work properly I need to select my own account every time I start the car. Shouldn't it just identify me from my paired key and sort everything out (seat positions, heating, media etc,) from there?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Driver profile

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:58 pm
Should the driver profile be detected from starting the car with the paired key (or phone)?

In order to get things like spotify etc to work properly I need to select my own account every time I start the car. Shouldn't it just identify me from my paired key and sort everything out (seat positions, heating, media etc,) from there?
You have to tell it in the profiles which key and phone are yours. Once you have told it that it should log you in automatically. Mine certainly does.

ACB5

Post by ACB5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

I cant even log into profiles. I get to put my name in but it will not go beyond that so I am stuck not getting access to additional features. Going into dealers this week to fit new seat ( scratch on seat) , new wheels, wrong ones ordered and to be debadged ( not done). So will ask them to sort that out as well.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:58 pm

You have to tell it in the profiles which key and phone are yours. Once you have told it that it should log you in automatically. Mine certainly does.
Yes I have done this paired my phone and one key but each time I get in it flashes up the login and if I don't choose a login it seems to identify me but does not give me logged in options most obviously Spotify

The only way to then get it to work is to go to the account and choose myself. It is really annoying
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:26 pm

ACB5 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm
I cant even log into profiles. I get to put my name in but it will not go beyond that so I am stuck not getting access to additional features. Going into dealers this week to fit new seat ( scratch on seat) , new wheels, wrong ones ordered and to be debadged ( not done). So will ask them to sort that out as well.
Have you gone through the adding process in settings?

Spudgun69

Post by Spudgun69 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm

I had the same issue, it wouldn't detect the key and when I went into check the profile it had been deleted. I added the profile about 7 times but just kept deleting it. Took it into the dealers and they said there was an update for Pivi Pro, got car back and all seems to be working ok now, key is detected every time I get in and logs my profile in.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 pm

Spudgun69 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm
I had the same issue, it wouldn't detect the key and when I went into check the profile it had been deleted. I added the profile about 7 times but just kept deleting it. Took it into the dealers and they said there was an update for Pivi Pro, got car back and all seems to be working ok now, key is detected every time I get in and logs my profile in.
Does it really log you in?

Mine was (until today) appearing as if I was logged in but I wasn't really (so my connected media for instance was not working). Th eonly way to resolve it was to log out and in again.

This evening it seemed to wipe everything and I had to start again including adding phone and key, still doesn't fully log me in though when I get in unless I force it to.

Spudgun69

Post by Spudgun69 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:32 am

electric beagle wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 pm
Spudgun69 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm
Does it really log you in?

Mine was (until today) appearing as if I was logged in but I wasn't really (so my connected media for instance was not working). Th eonly way to resolve it was to log out and in again.

This evening it seemed to wipe everything and I had to start again including adding phone and key, still doesn't fully log me in though when I get in unless I force it to.
Same behaviour as mine by the sounds of it, might be worth booking into the dealer for a software update?

Dragos.balaban

Post by Dragos.balaban » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:14 am

@Spudgun69, any idea what sw were you on when the errors were there and what sw you are now on?

Spudgun69

Post by Spudgun69 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 pm

I've had a look and bizarrely it looks like software has had a downgrade!!!!

Connected Accounts has gone from V1.1.18 to V1.1.12 and Software Updates has gone from V1.9.7 to V1.9.6

Can't see anything that's changed