Driver assistance feature/camera

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
greencard20
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am
Location: UK

Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by greencard20 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:06 am

All,
Collected my Jag yesterday which is a 21MY HSE black pack with driver assistance feature (standard on HSE) but I'm yet to try the features. However, I noticed something strange on the windscreen camera. As far as I'm aware, I-Pace have 2 cameras / radar but I have only 1! Is this what some of you have or something got missed in build? I'll wait to hear your feedback. Alternatively, I'll go for a drive tonight and see how ACC , LKA, Steer assist work or they don't! So fingers crossed .

I'll attach an image to make sense on what I mean.

iPace radar.jpg

21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

electric beagle
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by electric beagle » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Seems there is only 1 camera

There is no steering assist on MY21 (I am about to kick off with Jag customer relations about this as it was in the brochure when I ordered and there was a never a MY21 to test drive)

Similarly there is no Park Assist (see Steering Assist above)

ACC works well but has more limited value without Steer Assist in my view

LKA is pointless and for me just does not really function beyond throwing up a couple of coloured lines on the HUD and occasionally trying to kill me on fast country roads. It certainly does not keep me in lane even on a motorway. if I loosen my grip on the steering wheel I will simply end up on the hard shoulder shortly before being engulfed in a ball of flames ;)
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

greencard20
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by greencard20 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:31 pm

@electric beagle - thanks for your response. That's no good without steering assist and yet another misleading information which is quite disappointing. Coming from a Merc which had driver assistance pack (L2+ I'd say) and it was simply awesome, very reliable and accurate on the motorways. So was looking forward to this feature on my Jag but disappointed it has been deliberately not added.

So, do you also have just one forward facing camera on the windscreen?

Out of interest + as I'm very new to this forum, what would happen by taking this to Jag customer relations? Any positive experiences previously?

I also came across Kermit68 had raised some concerns on the same few months ago in this forums so not sure if he has had any luck!

Driver assist pack.PNG

21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

electric beagle
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by electric beagle » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 pm

greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:31 pm
@electric beagle - thanks for your response. That's no good without steering assist and yet another misleading information which is quite disappointing. Coming from a Merc which had driver assistance pack (L2+ I'd say) and it was simply awesome, very reliable and accurate on the motorways. So was looking forward to this feature on my Jag but disappointed it has been deliberately not added.

So, do you also have just one forward facing camera on the windscreen?

Out of interest + as I'm very new to this forum, what would happen by taking this to Jag customer relations? Any positive experiences previously?

I also came across Kermit68 had raised some concerns on the same few months ago in this forums so not sure if he has had any luck!
Yes I only have the one camera cutout, this does not in itself mean that the other features should not work, my wife's car (Audi Q5) has steering assist, ACC and LKA apparently from a single camera and that works really effectively.

These features were listed in the brochures and I think with much heavier emphasis than in the September one which is the only one I have downloaded. I am about to kick off with Customer Relations because it is absolutely pre-contractual misrepresentation, all we had to go on was the brochure with no physical cars to test drive. I might have thought about another car altogether but I definitely want some compensation for the absence of the features I agreed I was buying or to reject the car.

I had it in the dealers yesterday as the first step in this process simply to confirm that I was not an idiot who did not know how to operate these functions (which would not exactly be idiotic given the lack of proper handover in the covid era and paucity of the digital documentation). They confirmed that I have neither Park Assist or Steering Assist.

I still also cannot get my remote app to reliably show me state of charge which is another issue I will address. If I can't get a reasonable response they can have the car back.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

scm
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by scm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm
I am about to kick off with Jag customer relations about this as it was in the brochure when I ordered
I expect you mised the bit in the brochure that says Jaguar reserves the right to change specifications, design or equipment at any time and without notice and incurring any obligations. :?

electric beagle
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by electric beagle » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm

scm wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm
I am about to kick off with Jag customer relations about this as it was in the brochure when I ordered
I expect you mised the bit in the brochure that says Jaguar reserves the right to change specifications, design or equipment at any time and without notice and incurring any obligations. :?
What I have not missed is the legal significance of the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations, which I have a very good understanding of ;)
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

bimjim
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Herts

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by bimjim » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:56 pm

I've got an original brochure from November 2018 and an MY21 brochure from August this year.

Original 2018 version (HSE):

HSE_2018.png

MY21 version from August (HSE):

HSE_2020.png

But then later in the MY21 brochure they state that the Drive Assist pack does include Steering Assist:

HSE_2020_1.png

Last edited by bimjim on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY20 I-Pace HSE
MY19 I-Pace S - Gone

electric beagle
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by electric beagle » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:05 pm

bimjim wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:56 pm
I've got an original brochure from November 2018 and an MY21 brochure from August this year.

Original 2018 version (HSE):
HSE_2018.png

MY21 version from August (HSE):
HSE_2020.png
September 21 Brochure (which indicated these packs were standard for HSE) Page 20:-

PARK PACK
Consists of:
360° Parking Aid, Rear Traffic Monitor, Clear Exit Monitor and Park Assist

DRIVE ASSIST PACK (1)
Consists of:
Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, 360° Surround Camera,
High-speed Emergency Braking and Blind Spot Assist
Last edited by electric beagle on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

bimjim
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Herts

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by bimjim » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:07 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:05 pm
bimjim wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:56 pm
I've got an original brochure from November 2018 and an MY21 brochure from August this year.

Original 2018 version (HSE):
HSE_2018.png

MY21 version from August (HSE):
HSE_2020.png
September Brochure (which indicated these packs were standard for HSE) Page 20:-

PARK PACK
Consists of:
360° Parking Aid, Rear Traffic Monitor, Clear Exit Monitor and Park Assist

DRIVE ASSIST PACK (1)
Consists of:
Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, 360° Surround Camera,
High-speed Emergency Braking and Blind Spot Assist
I just updated to my post, to make the same point.
MY20 I-Pace HSE
MY19 I-Pace S - Gone

ACB5
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:19 pm
Location: Halesowen/West Midlands

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by ACB5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:10 pm

If it helps I have an email from jaguar customer services saying that MY21 will have steering assist. I asked twice to make sure the answer was correct and they repeated it was.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

Post Reply