Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
User avatar
Spiderand
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm
Location: Gateshead UK

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by Spiderand » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:53 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 am
For anyone thinking of getting on of these, you might want to hold off for a bit. Carlinkit are sending me a review dongle to test out. Once I’ve done a video on it, they’ll send me a discount code which you’ll be able to use. It’s not identical to the cplay2air. They tell me Carlinkit has a more stable chip, but I can’t confirm that yet. My review one should come tomorrow. Will obviously take a bit of time to get the review done.
Good news, I look forward to watching it and receiving the discount after if it's any good :P
MY20 - I-Pace SE EV400 Narvik Black - standard SE spec - Infotainment 20C1 - Telematics 19.2 - H264 - Home charger: BP Chargemaster

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:12 pm

The video is online now. The video contains the link for a £15 discount on the Carlinkit dongle. There is also a tick box on the product page at the moment for £15 off (until 7th June 2021). If you use both the checkbox and my discount code during checkout you will get both for a total of £30 off.

Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

deanio
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by deanio » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:33 pm

I have the carlinkit 2. It has a different connection screen than on your video. I had no problem connecting it for the first time and it connects straight away each time I use the car within around 15 seconds of starting the car. A very stable connection
2018 First Edition in Santorini Black with 22” wheels. Light Oyster Interior

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am

deanio wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:33 pm
I have the carlinkit 2. It has a different connection screen than on your video. I had no problem connecting it for the first time and it connects straight away each time I use the car within around 15 seconds of starting the car. A very stable connection
That’s odd. This is the 2 as well. What does your connection screen look like?

deanio
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by deanio » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:43 pm

[/quote]

That’s odd. This is the 2 as well. What does your connection screen look like?
[/quote]

Here is what I see before it auto connects.

E15BC667-6F8D-4DC3-8599-F7D5B7F22C86.jpeg

032C6ABE-B06D-4FF5-80AC-44F417F57BBD.jpeg

2018 First Edition in Santorini Black with 22” wheels. Light Oyster Interior

jpleite
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by jpleite » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 am
For anyone thinking of getting on of these, you might want to hold off for a bit. Carlinkit are sending me a review dongle to test out. Once I’ve done a video on it, they’ll send me a discount code which you’ll be able to use. It’s not identical to the cplay2air. They tell me Carlinkit has a more stable chip, but I can’t confirm that yet. My review one should come tomorrow. Will obviously take a bit of time to get the review done.
Hi Abu Dhabi

Do you confirm the dongle you are testing is the Carlinkit 2.0? Any good results?
i-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
InControl: S19B_19.35.5-418001 | Telematics: - (16.2?) | Maps: 08.030.0099.0155
Porto, Portugal

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am

deanio wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:43 pm
That’s odd. This is the 2 as well. What does your connection screen look like?
[/quote]

Here is what I see before it auto connects.
[/quote]

That’s really strange. Is yours a 2.0?

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 am

jpleite wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi Abu Dhabi

Do you confirm the dongle you are testing is the Carlinkit 2.0? Any good results?
Hi there. Yes I’ve tested both the Cplay2Air and the Carlinkit 2.0. Both work well but I do find the Carlinkit gives less problems. It connects quicker and runs a bit more reliably. I’ve also noticed that Siri via the voice command button on the steering wheel seems to connect better on the Carlinkit.

deanio
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by deanio » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 pm

[/quote]

That’s really strange. Is yours a 2.0?
[/quote]

Yes it is. It was bought off Amazon from CARLINKIT-C.

5D342558-049E-4288-872F-A22CC1DEE5AD.png

2018 First Edition in Santorini Black with 22” wheels. Light Oyster Interior

jpleite
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: Apple Car Play Wireless Connection Adapter

Post by jpleite » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:30 am

Thanks Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 am
jpleite wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi Abu Dhabi

Do you confirm the dongle you are testing is the Carlinkit 2.0? Any good results?
Hi there. Yes I’ve tested both the Cplay2Air and the Carlinkit 2.0. Both work well but I do find the Carlinkit gives less problems. It connects quicker and runs a bit more reliably. I’ve also noticed that Siri via the voice command button on the steering wheel seems to connect better on the Carlinkit.
i-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
InControl: S19B_19.35.5-418001 | Telematics: - (16.2?) | Maps: 08.030.0099.0155
Porto, Portugal

Post Reply