Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
endoman
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by endoman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:52 am

25p for my 55kWh last night. Agile and Ohme are a great combo.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C1_20.48.3-635557 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

Delta5
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by Delta5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:21 am

51mes wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:59 am
My first 3 agile months with a little bit of time shifting - washer/dryer and charging, even with an electric oven have given me a blended average rate of 8.75p per Kw/h vs 14.07 for their standard rate.

Last nights car charge cost under a pound for 55kw/h, would have been less but the api is playing up, and didn't stop charging when asked.
You do need to be able to avoid using power 4pm to 7 pm peak rate, many won’t be able to do that and be better off on a different tarrif. The SSE tariff just deducts around £12 a month up to a the equivalent of 8000 miles for free off peak but no indication of standard rate online, certainly worth a look if the charger timer operates correctly. For some reason you can’t use it for storage heaters.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Al's Ipace
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am
Location: uk

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by Al's Ipace » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am

I'm with Octopus Go, with a Pod Point charger. Got fed up with the Jag pre conditioning/timed charging so installed this.....



Works easily with it's app and now I reliably charge at 5p between 0.30am and 05.30am. Can now even charge over two days to take advantage of the low fix overnight 5p rate.
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

SLOOP JOHN B
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:55 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by SLOOP JOHN B » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Mwright 35 I have just used your referral code

russyj
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by russyj » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Al's Ipace wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am
I'm with Octopus Go, with a Pod Point charger. Got fed up with the Jag pre conditioning/timed charging so installed this.....



Works easily with it's app and now I reliably charge at 5p between 0.30am and 05.30am. Can now even charge over two days to take advantage of the low fix overnight 5p rate.
Hi Al,

Some of the reviews say the WiFi is a bit weak, do you mind sharing how far you are from your router? Really interested in this!

Thanks!

Al's Ipace
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am
Location: uk

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by Al's Ipace » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:43 am

russyj wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Al's Ipace wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am
I'm with Octopus Go, with a Pod Point charger. Got fed up with the Jag pre conditioning/timed charging so installed this.....



Works easily with it's app and now I reliably charge at 5p between 0.30am and 05.30am. Can now even charge over two days to take advantage of the low fix overnight 5p rate.
Hi Al,

Some of the reviews say the WiFi is a bit weak, do you mind sharing how far you are from your router? Really interested in this!

Thanks!
I have a Sky router and the router is about 5m away from the unit. The Wi-Fi has to go through two brick walls as well. The app does say weak Wi-Fi when connecting. I has never lost connection and it works well. If you have a problem you could always add a Wi-Fi booster.
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

electric beagle
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by electric beagle » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am

Can anyone who works heavily from home and who consumes both gas and electricity without any solar or home battery comment on the break even point for switching to a cheaper off peak supply?

I don't do an awful lot of miles in the car and not at all sure that it makes sense to switch from my current 12.9p flat rate.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

sunnyjoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by sunnyjoe » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am
Can anyone who works heavily from home and who consumes both gas and electricity without any solar or home battery comment on the break even point for switching to a cheaper off peak supply?

I don't do an awful lot of miles in the car and not at all sure that it makes sense to switch from my current 12.9p flat rate.
I fit your description above and I am on Octopus Agile. I don't do many miles because working from home currently. For the month ending 23 October my average electricity price was 10.3p/kWh
Caesium blue SE, air suspension, adaptive dynamics, driver pack
Home charger: Ohme on Octopus Agile

electric beagle
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by electric beagle » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:46 pm

sunnyjoe wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am
Can anyone who works heavily from home and who consumes both gas and electricity without any solar or home battery comment on the break even point for switching to a cheaper off peak supply?

I don't do an awful lot of miles in the car and not at all sure that it makes sense to switch from my current 12.9p flat rate.
I fit your description above and I am on Octopus Agile. I don't do many miles because working from home currently. For the month ending 23 October my average electricity price was 10.3p/kWh
So you have normal usage during the expensive peak window but avoid heavy load I assume like cooking, tumble dryer etc?

What is the gas price?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ChrisMc
Posts: 1344
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Octopus Energy - cheap overnight charging

Post by ChrisMc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:30 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 am
Can anyone who works heavily from home and who consumes both gas and electricity without any solar or home battery comment on the break even point for switching to a cheaper off peak supply?

I don't do an awful lot of miles in the car and not at all sure that it makes sense to switch from my current 12.9p flat rate.
Personally, if you don't do a lot of mileage then you are probably as well off as you can get paying only 12.9p / KwH, assuming that is 24/7. Octopus Go drops to ca. £0.05p between 00:00 and 04:30hrs, but is around £0.17p / KwH at other times, another supplier I have is £0.19p / KwH at peak times and £0.09p / KwH between 00.00hrs and 07:00 am so your rate of 12.9 seems pretty good to me. Depends of course on your usage and peak hours etc.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Post Reply