Broken connectivity with Remote/Wattcat

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Minstadave

Broken connectivity with Remote/Wattcat

Post by Minstadave » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Only had my car a couple of weeks and already the connectivity to the app has died. On 18.2 software so upto date.

Both the official app and Wattcat stopped updating charge status and location. Using the car daily, multiple locations with good mobile reception, tried connecting to WiFi.

Tried resetting the system using the left button on the overhead with no joy.

Then read removing the car from your incontrol account can fix it but that has been stuck at "removal of vehicle has started but not yet complete" for over 3 days.

Who is best to talk to to get this fixed? Or is it a trip to the dealer?

sabasjon

Re: Broken connectivity with Remote/Wattcat

Post by sabasjon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 pm

So many of us have experienced the same, there are some good threads on this dotted on this forum with lots of suggestions, but from my experience it seems the only way to truly get it fixed is for dealer to carry out a TCU reset procedure - had it done on mine beginning of Sept and app has been working fine since
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Eiger Grey / Ebony

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am

sabasjon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 pm
So many of us have experienced the same, there are some good threads on this dotted on this forum with lots of suggestions, but from my experience it seems the only way to truly get it fixed is for dealer to carry out a TCU reset procedure - had it done on mine beginning of Sept and app has been working fine since
Spoken with mt local dealership. They're going to arrange the reset next week. How long do they need the car for? Is it a while you wait job?

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Only had.mine 3 days but charge status has never updated except for the occasional freak event

Not a good start at all forms car that should have the latest software to begin with and presumably no ability to revert to a prior version given the pivi pro.

It updates location and.does.connect but not charge status or range in fact it frequently tells me that the battery level is zero. Pretty unimprssive for an £80k car
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:14 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:04 pm
Only had.mine 3 days but charge status has never updated except for the occasional freak event

Not a good start at all forms car that should have the latest software to begin with and presumably no ability to revert to a prior version given the pivi pro.

It updates location and.does.connect but not charge status or range in fact it frequently tells me that the battery level is zero. Pretty unimprssive for an £80k car
The Pivi pro isn’t the part of the software that controls connectivity so it should be possible to revert to previous versions of the TCU and/or BECM but let’s wait and see. Maybe it’s a simple fix. Perhaps problems with the eSIM set up? Fingers crossed they get it fixed.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

The esim seems to be working though as I see it my phone connects to the hotspot fine although not sure how to check that further. eSIMs are fairly well established tech these days
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:29 pm

I have had two 10 day periods where the connectivity wasn't working (February and October this year) and on both occasions it started working again just before the service appointment! This time I decided to take my car to the dealer anyway because I also had a small rattle somewhere on the dashboard.
The dealer reset the TCU software and although I thought I had the latest software update a little picture of an i-Pace now appears between the two forward camera displays so something must have changed. It's been working fine since.
It turned out that the rattle was coming from the HUD unit and that was fixed with an 'Anti-rattle spray".
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

sabasjon

Post by sabasjon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm

Minstadave wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am

Spoken with mt local dealership. They're going to arrange the reset next week. How long do they need the car for? Is it a while you wait job?
To be honest, it depends on the dealer!! Mine originally wanted it for two days for ‘diagnostics’ even though I kept saying it’s a known issue, talked about on these forums and should be a less than 20 min job!! They then informed me I was not permitted to wait for the car due to COVID anyways and must leave the vicinity of the dealership lol !!! In any case they ended up only taking 3hrs or so since I dropped it off till they called to say all fixed
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Eiger Grey / Ebony

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am

sabasjon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm
Minstadave wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am

To be honest, it depends on the dealer!! Mine originally wanted it for two days for ‘diagnostics’ even though I kept saying it’s a known issue, talked about on these forums and should be a less than 20 min job!! They then informed me I was not permitted to wait for the car due to COVID anyways and must leave the vicinity of the dealership lol !!! In any case they ended up only taking 3hrs or so since I dropped it off till they called to say all fixed
Thank you :)

sunnyjoe

Post by sunnyjoe » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:10 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm
The esim seems to be working though as I see it my phone connects to the hotspot fine although not sure how to check that further. eSIMs are fairly well established tech these days
There are two different SIMs. One for status (i.e. remote app and wattcat) the other for infotainment, nav and hotspot.
Caesium blue SE, air suspension, adaptive dynamics, driver pack
Home charger: Ohme on Octopus Agile