Wireless pone charger

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Post Reply
seanorawe
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:41 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Wireless pone charger

Post by seanorawe » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 am

I watched the video from ADD about a wireless charger on Ebay. I ordered one for my car as it seems to fit really well. Does anyone know if the USB in the storage is continuous? will it draw on the battery when the car is not switched on?

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:15 pm

seanorawe wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 am
I watched the video from ADD about a wireless charger on Ebay. I ordered one for my car as it seems to fit really well. Does anyone know if the USB in the storage is continuous? will it draw on the battery when the car is not switched on?
Thanks for watching. It turns off when the car is off.

Maxwell_400
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 am
Location: Norway

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by Maxwell_400 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm

seanorawe wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 am
I watched the video from ADD about a wireless charger on Ebay. I ordered one for my car as it seems to fit really well. Does anyone know if the USB in the storage is continuous? will it draw on the battery when the car is not switched on?
Also look in this thread;
https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3591

There is an isolation relay in the passenger junction box that can be bypassed for continuous power.

https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3772
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, H264, H280, TCU 18.2, BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

JAGiAM
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by JAGiAM » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

20201014_140430.jpg

20201014_140307.jpg

20201014_140250.jpg

20201014_135945.jpg

ADD taking credit for my suggestion??? Re: "Wireless Phone Charging in 2021 I-Pace".
Post by JAGiAM » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363009736572

Note that I found it more convenient to place over the cupholder and plug in centrally under the armrest Squab thanks to the ingenious squab clasp design.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Oyster Leather Interior, 18” 5055 rims, Panoramic Roof, Active Air Suspension, AdSR etc..

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:43 pm

JAGiAM wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm
20201014_140430.jpg

20201014_140307.jpg

20201014_140250.jpg

20201014_135945.jpg

ADD taking credit for my suggestion??? Re: "Wireless Phone Charging in 2021 I-Pace".
Post by JAGiAM » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363009736572

Note that I found it more convenient to place over the cupholder and plug in centrally under the armrest Squab thanks to the ingenious squab clasp design.
I’ve had a wireless charging mat in that location since mid-2019. Been meaning to do a video since then but never got around to it. When I saw the rectangular one I decided to replace my round one, which gave me an opportunity to do the video at the same time. If you are seriously suggesting that you invented the idea of putting a wireless charging mat in a car, I’m afraid I’d have to disagree. :lol:

NigelC
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 am
Location: Cornwall

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by NigelC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 pm

I really like the wireless charger placed on the cup holder cover, but surely the phone needs to be plugged in for Carplay anyway, or are you using Bluetooth?

Nice idea - very neat, thanks for posting the photos.

Kind regards,
Nigel
MY 20 SE Corris Grey
Delivered 09/19
H264, H270, 20A

endoman
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by endoman » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:41 pm

I'm still loving my little adapter between the cupholders, just slide the phone in and it engages the charging cable. Can't see the benefit of these mats over that. If mrs endo wants to charge hers as well we have another cable in the centre console, and still keep the two free at the front. It also means Car Play works..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/1942054671
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

JAGiAM
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by JAGiAM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 am

ADD...Calm down...No I was just suggesting that I was possibly the first to suggest that particular charger!!
And no I don't use Carplay - but thanks for the replies.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Oyster Leather Interior, 18” 5055 rims, Panoramic Roof, Active Air Suspension, AdSR etc..

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 997
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 am

JAGiAM wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 am
ADD...Calm down...No I was just suggesting that I was possibly the first to suggest that particular charger!!
And no I don't use Carplay - but thanks for the replies.
I love it when people come in and have a go at me, and then when I make a perfectly reasonable response they tell me to calm down.

This was literally the first result in eBay when I typed in “wireless charging mat” and scrolled down until I found a rectangular one. This exact mat is being sold by around 10 different vendors at slightly different prices. It’s not hard to find. I also have it hooked up in a different way to you and in a different place. And as I said, I’ve had a different mat there for over a year. When it failed I bought a new one and made a video.

So calm down.

badgb21
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wireless pone charger

Post by badgb21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Hold on, I need to fetch some Popcorn......!


Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 am
JAGiAM wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 am
ADD...Calm down...No I was just suggesting that I was possibly the first to suggest that particular charger!!
And no I don't use Carplay - but thanks for the replies.
I love it when people come in and have a go at me, and then when I make a perfectly reasonable response they tell me to calm down.

This was literally the first result in eBay when I typed in “wireless charging mat” and scrolled down until I found a rectangular one. This exact mat is being sold by around 10 different vendors at slightly different prices. It’s not hard to find. I also have it hooked up in a different way to you and in a different place. And as I said, I’ve had a different mat there for over a year. When it failed I bought a new one and made a video.

So calm down.

Post Reply