Say What You Like About Russians.......

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Blackseries

Say What You Like About Russians.......

Post by Blackseries » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 am

.....but they know a good EV when they see one!

No idea where the stats for this graphic come from or if indeed they are accurate - but it looks impressive.

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity ... tric-cars/

Plus a piece from Motor Journalist Steve Cropley.
We all know we have the finest EV out there .....but its nice to get it professionally verified.

"Fantastic feeling being back at the Millbrook Proving Ground near Bedford, scene of many road test exploits and location this time of the SMMT’s long-postponed Drive Zero event, a hacks’ mega-test of electric cars and plug-in hybrids. Sales of such models remain small, but they’re rising faster than other classes and must keep doing so for years to come.

This was a perfect opportunity for impromptu comparisons and, after driving a dozen cars, I reached plenty of conclusions. The Jaguar I-Pace is still the finest electric car on sale. "

https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/new-c ... s-electric

SammyD

Re: Say What You Like About Russians.......

Post by SammyD » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 pm

[this is very tongue in cheek]
That can't be right. Everyone on the internet says that the Tesla Model 3 is the best EV ever made and everything else is a POS including the I-Pace and the Taycan.
As for the ID.3... useless.
etc etc etc

[end]
It is a pity that Jaguar don't wave the flag for the I-Pace a lot more.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Only manufacturer making POS model is Ford :)
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

I rather cry in Jaguar than in Tesla

nipri

Post by nipri » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Telegraph on Saturday reviewed XC 40 Recharge & were not impressed.
They wrote & I quote: "The I Pace is good looking, comfortable & fine handling, the I Pace is still the battery electric SUV to beat".
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
No major issues at all & achieved 255 miles!

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:48 am

SammyD
It is a pity that Jaguar don't wave the flag for the I-Pace a lot more.

You are spot on Sammy. Why don't Jaguar use all these positive reviews a bit more.
Maybe they are happy with their sales figures. Also we don't want everyone out there to have an IPace 😜
Let the iPace be our secret 😁
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

fa147

Post by fa147 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am

I have yet to watch the program, but what seems evident to me but is mostly ignored or denied by Tesla owners is that the Tesla cars efficiency comes from how light their cars are, and that in turn comes from the fact that their cars are simply not luxury cars.

Tesla cars owners have decided to elevate the cars from premium status to luxury because their infotainment system is excellent. I’ll admit their infotainment system is miles ahead, but that doesn’t make those cars luxury cars... it’s the comfort, the seats, the acoustics, the feel of the materials, the range of materials, the hand stitched options, the heated steaming wheel, etc.

I recently had a back and forth with Bjorn regarding a review of the Polestar 2 in which he said it wasn’t as efficient as his TM3. I asked him if he would do his range tests again and compensate for the lack of luxury items in his TM3 by matching the weight of it (1.8tons) to a Polestar 2 (2.2tons).

He wasn’t too pleased that I labelled his car less than luxury and he (surprisingly) refused to acknowledge that weight affects efficiency, which to me was bizarre. Anyone who has ever gone on a camping trip and has loaded the car with a few people and lots of stuff but keeps everything in the car would still admit that their range (ICE or EV) suffers due to the weight.

Anyway, I’m not a sales rep and for me the range I see from I-Pace is more than good enough to compliment the luxury it provides inside. Of course, it’s no Rolls Royce, but for me, the blend of tech and car is almost fine. If the infotainment system was better and the charging was as advertised (100kW), then it would be fine, but hey...

Looking beyond the car, the charging infrastructure from Tesla is second to none. That can’t be ignored or belittled, but that isn’t the car itself, it’s more the ecosystem.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0112.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am

At the weekend a Tesla M3 parked next to my IPace so I had a chance to compare side by side, the M3 is small in comparison and a good deal lighter so it is going to be more efficient. For me I don’t like the style or the quality of the M3 and I wanted an SUV so I chose the IPace, don’t we all do that - choose the car we like. For me slower charging has delayed me twice in 3 months so it is not a major issue, direct comparisons with the M3 is wrong, there isn’t a direct comparison the alternatives are larger or smaller.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:07 pm

fa147 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am
I have yet to watch the program, but what seems evident to me but is mostly ignored or denied by Tesla owners is that the Tesla cars efficiency comes from how light their cars are, and that in turn comes from the fact that their cars are simply not luxury cars.

Tesla cars owners have decided to elevate the cars from premium status to luxury because their infotainment system is excellent. I’ll admit their infotainment system is miles ahead, but that doesn’t make those cars luxury cars... it’s the comfort, the seats, the acoustics, the feel of the materials, the range of materials, the hand stitched options, the heated steaming wheel, etc.

I recently had a back and forth with Bjorn regarding a review of the Polestar 2 in which he said it wasn’t as efficient as his TM3. I asked him if he would do his range tests again and compensate for the lack of luxury items in his TM3 by matching the weight of it (1.8tons) to a Polestar 2 (2.2tons).

He wasn’t too pleased that I labelled his car less than luxury and he (surprisingly) refused to acknowledge that weight affects efficiency, which to me was bizarre. Anyone who has ever gone on a camping trip and has loaded the car with a few people and lots of stuff but keeps everything in the car would still admit that their range (ICE or EV) suffers due to the weight.

Anyway, I’m not a sales rep and for me the range I see from I-Pace is more than good enough to compliment the luxury it provides inside. Of course, it’s no Rolls Royce, but for me, the blend of tech and car is almost fine. If the infotainment system was better and the charging was as advertised (100kW), then it would be fine, but hey...

Looking beyond the car, the charging infrastructure from Tesla is second to none. That can’t be ignored or belittled, but that isn’t the car itself, it’s more the ecosystem.
Is the native infotainment that good though the screen is excellent but when I looked at the Model S it didn't have android auto integration which is a major failing I think. Not to mention the shocking build quality of the car itself and the distinctly sub par interior.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:34 pm

And as for that great big screen off to the left of the driver.....don't get me started 😁
I love the three bright screens in the Jaguar and don't like the single slab of a screen in the M3 or any other car.
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197