Dynamic driving

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
SPARKO

Re: Dynamic driving

Post by SPARKO » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:19 am

We have lots of beautiful winding roads here in New Zealand, often through valleys and gorges. Often with no other traffic. Today was a good example on the road West of Waitomo if anyone else knows it. This is when I use Dynamic mode. Changes to suspension and steering are noticeable and I enjoy being able to do it all without using the mechanical breaks. The car always feels secure and very fun too! Eco mode most other times for relaxed driving with standard when it's really hot or cold to increase climate performance.
MY19 HSE. Black with black kit. 20 inch wheels. Dynamic air suspension, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate.

RobN

Post by RobN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am

Like a few others on the forum, I use Dynamic mode for fun and journeys when range isn't a concern. Comfort has proved great for long journeys for me and I've yet to use Eco (even on a recent 600 mile round trip) because it dulls an otherwise great driving experience. I too suffer mild rebuke from wife if she's in the car and I use all the car's power, in her case it's a "tut" and then mention that our children (and grandchildren) would fair less well as orphans!!

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

NigelC

Post by NigelC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 pm
I don’t understand all this talk of dynamic mode being dangerous or only use it with caution. It’s the driver that determines how the car acts, not the car itself. The I-Pace is fitted with so many safety features around the brakes and steering that you would have to be really stupid to get yourself into trouble. If you really think it’s dangerous in dynamic mode then perhaps you’ve got the wrong car.
Sorry, I obviously worded my earlier post badly. It's the thump on the shoulder and the slap on the wrist that is dangerous!

Glad that at least ADD, with his bruised shoulder, got the joke!

Kind regards,
Nigel
MY 20 SE Corris Grey
Delivered 09/19
H264, H270, 20A

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:12 pm

I drive in Dynamic mode all the time as the car reacts better to changes in road surface (Active Dynamics) and is also less affected by wind. I do turn the throttle to Comfort mode as this just changes the steepness of the power curve while still allowing full acceleration.

suisse

Post by suisse » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Mmm... so we tested the new F-Type 575 edition, and while it is a lot of growl, I Pace is a lot more fun to silently do almost the same thing, of course always driving it in dynamic, just be careful with the throttle and for fellow road users and set the speed limit to +10 to not overdo it too much, though while officially the speedlimit is 120 on the autobahn, even doing 130 one feels like one is standing still, good that even at 130 if you floor it, you can avoid any ***h*** from rear ending you... thus nicely sticking right most of the time is typically the safer bet unfortunately.
MY20 FFI Corris Grey Black Out Edition; delivered 2019-08-22; Incontrol 20A Telematics 16.2; BMC ??x?; SOTA enabled & updated

badgb21

Post by badgb21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm glad he got it too! He can get a bit feisty you know!
Don't mention phone charge pads...... ;)

NigelC wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 pm
I don’t understand all this talk of dynamic mode being dangerous or only use it with caution. It’s the driver that determines how the car acts, not the car itself. The I-Pace is fitted with so many safety features around the brakes and steering that you would have to be really stupid to get yourself into trouble. If you really think it’s dangerous in dynamic mode then perhaps you’ve got the wrong car.
Sorry, I obviously worded my earlier post badly. It's the thump on the shoulder and the slap on the wrist that is dangerous!

Glad that at least ADD, with his bruised shoulder, got the joke!

Kind regards,
Nigel