Dynamic driving

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
seanorawe

Dynamic driving

Post by seanorawe » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 pm

We got the Ipace today and it might take a while to get used to it but I dont really like how it feels in eco mode. Will dynamic driving make any difference for our out and about driving? This driving wont depend on a full charge. I can then put it in eco for longer drives when we are going to donegal a few times a year (120 miles)

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Dynamic driving

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Not sure why you’re bothering to put it in Eco mode when range isn’t an issue. I only use Eco if I’m making a long drive and range is critical. I use Comfort for daily commutes and Dynamic when I want to have fun. They will affect your consumption but if range is no issue then drive it like a Jaaaaag and enjoy. Dynamic is noticeably more fun.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Eco-mode? What is that? Never used it but I never have range anxiety.
MY20 HSE Santorini Black.

NigelC

Post by NigelC » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Dynamic setting is far too dangerous.

Some people on this forum regularly get slapped on the shoulder for various misdemeanours (you know who you are ADD!). I get a slap on the hand if my wife notices me reaching for the Dynamic button!

Seriously though, I generally just use Comfort mode, and then switch into Dynamic if I know that a safe overtaking stretch of road is coming up.

A word to the wise if you are new to driving an I-Pace. I found that many other drivers would often pull out in front of us, not realising how quick the I-Pace is. I'm now content to cruise along sedately and in comfort, and then really enjoy driving the Jag when an empty stretch of road comes up.

Hope that you enjoy your I-Pace as much as we enjoy ours!

Kind regards,
Nigel
MY 20 SE Corris Grey
Delivered 09/19
H264, H270, 20A

Pollo de muerte

Post by Pollo de muerte » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 pm

True story ... I attacked a steep on ramp last weekend in Dynamic mode. My wife, who is not shy behind the wheel and loves roller coasters, screamed and complained of nausea for the rest of the evening.

#worthit
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE P380 ("Posh")
2019 Jaguar I Pace HSE FE ("Greebo")

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:40 pm

These days I tend to use Dynamic mode all the time off motorways and comfort or eco on motorways depending on my journey length.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:25 pm

For those that haven’t yet discovered it comfort is bloody quick because you have no lag, dynamic can be violent, only to be used with caution. Eco is rather flat by comparison.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 pm

I don’t understand all this talk of dynamic mode being dangerous or only use it with caution. It’s the driver that determines how the car acts, not the car itself. The I-Pace is fitted with so many safety features around the brakes and steering that you would have to be really stupid to get yourself into trouble. If you really think it’s dangerous in dynamic mode then perhaps you’ve got the wrong car.
MY20 HSE Santorini Black.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:58 pm

NigelC wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:23 pm
Some people on this forum regularly get slapped on the shoulder for various misdemeanours (you know who you are ADD!). I get a slap on the hand if my wife notices me reaching for the Dynamic button!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I’m amazed I don’t have a permanent bruise on that shoulder!

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 pm
I don’t understand all this talk of dynamic mode being dangerous or only use it with caution. It’s the driver that determines how the car acts, not the car itself. The I-Pace is fitted with so many safety features around the brakes and steering that you would have to be really stupid to get yourself into trouble. If you really think it’s dangerous in dynamic mode then perhaps you’ve got the wrong car.
Dynamic mode itself isn't dangerous if you keep calm. But quick acceleration and great handling allows too fast speed in crossroads and traffic circles. I've seen many scared faces in side windows when surprised fellow drivers after quick launch. Once noticed I was driving over 40km/h in the traffic circle without even thinking how fast I was going. That's over 10m/s and that's bit too fast in the small circle.
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

I rather cry in Jaguar than in Tesla