Navigation routing over Hammersmith Bridge.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
tedca

Navigation routing over Hammersmith Bridge.

Post by tedca » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:07 am

Have just taken delivery of IPace in the last few weeks. Was travelling to south London yesterday and realised that Navigation was routing me over Hammersmith Bridge (it has been closed for quite a while). The navigation screen was showing a "No entry" symbol on the bridge, but routing was still taking me that way?

I have installed a Data sim and believed I was getting traffic updates. Do I need to update the maps ?

Thanks

wilco

Re: Navigation routing over Hammersmith Bridge.

Post by wilco » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 am

This may help but the car will tell you when new maps are available. Hold on & wait for the update notice which appears in your navigation screen would be my advice.
S, Borasco Grey, 18" wheels, oyster leather, gesture tailgate. Software S20A_20.16.5-536345 & 17.2, H228

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm

IT seems that Here update their maps every month. It is a real PITA (gets on Map update Soapbox) to download 30Gb+ every month. I update every other month.
As for Hammersmith Bridge, as far as I can remember... back to 1972 when I became a Student in Central London, it has been a 'nice if it is open' route. In recent years it seems to have been closed more than it has been open. IT is a shame as it is a good route to get from Hammersmith to the A3 without going over Putney Bridge.

As for the SatNav... I am reminded of a conversation I had with a Police Officer while we waited for a Truck to be towed backwards out of a road that it should not have gone down... He said, "Satnav routes are paved with good intentions and bad decisions. Those who implicitly trust their SatNav route is someone who has never been sent down a 2 mile long dead end with no turning places."
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

RobN

Post by RobN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:03 pm

As mentioned by others first thing to check is your maps are up to date, but I think the real-time traffic data feed should be having input here too.

I drove out of London last week and the route-planner advised me to avoid both Hammersmith and Vauxhall as both bridges were closed and it was right (one long term and the other shorter term). So it is definitely capable of this.

I'd check the rev level of the navigation first, the latest is 08.030.0111.0157 you can find the downloader and latest maps here https://www.jaguar.here.com/index.php Small tip use a factory formatted USB 3.0 64Gb stick (such as Sandisk) to avoid hassle with the car not liking a home formatted stick. Then make sure your settings in Navigation have the live traffic data feed enabled.

Hopefully that should get you going.

Hope you enjoy the I-Pace it's a great drive!

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Just to clarify, road closures do nothing form part of the map data. They are taken live via the data sim. I’ve had them work for me correctly in Scotland. Do you definitely have live traffic enabled in the nav settings? I think (although not 100% certain) that this needs to be on for road closures to also be picked up. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

tedca

Post by tedca » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 am

thanks for the advice - sorry for delay in replying - I will update maps and confirm settings and report back.

tedca

Post by tedca » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:17 pm

IMG_20200928_185922.jpg

Am struggling to update the maps at the moment - possibly a problem with USB stick, but I am uploading a photo to clarify the issue, before I update anything. The colours don't come out very clearly but it is showing a "no entry" sign on the bridge, but nevertheless showing a route across the bridge !