Smart climate working intermittently

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
golar3
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 pm
Location: Eastern Europe

Smart climate working intermittently

Post by golar3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:48 am

Hi, just noticed some days ago that if smart climate is enabled, the passenger seat does not always sense a person. If you push yourself against the seat, it turns on, but most of the time it shows no occupant even with someone in it. So I had to turn the function off. Does anyone else have this problem?
2020 Firenze Red HSE

ChrisMc
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 am

No, mine seems to work fine, I have noticed though that if you place something on the seat (depending on weight) , it thinks there is someone sat in it, same as the rear seats, so the sensors are quite sensitive.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

golar3
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 pm
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by golar3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks. A job for the dealer, then.
2020 Firenze Red HSE

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:31 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 am
No, mine seems to work fine, I have noticed though that if you place something on the seat (depending on weight) , it thinks there is someone sat in it, same as the rear seats, so the sensors are quite sensitive.
The rear seats should only register an occupant when the seat belt is fastened. Are you sure yours activate as soon as someone sits in them? Be aware that the rear climate controls in the car don’t change to show the smart climate icon, but the easy way to check is to put the lower touchscreen into the climate display and then press the down arrow to show the rear controls. Your front dials will then change to show (and control) the rear climate zone. The front dials WILL now show the smart climate icon for the rear zone. It’s weird, but I guess they thought the rear controls don’t need to change as there will be nobody there to see it?

endoman
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by endoman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:06 pm

my passenger seat doesn't register a passenger, so I just leave it on Auto, not worth a dealer trip that might not sort it.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 6007 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

golar3
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 pm
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by golar3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:25 pm

The rear seats should only register an occupant when the seat belt is fastened. Are you sure yours activate as soon as someone sits in them? Be aware that the rear climate controls in the car don’t change to show the smart climate icon, but the easy way to check is to put the lower touchscreen into the climate display and then press the down arrow to show the rear controls. Your front dials will then change to show (and control) the rear climate zone. The front dials WILL now show the smart climate icon for the rear zone. It’s weird, but I guess they thought the rear controls don’t need to change as there will be nobody there to see it?
I was talking about the passenger seat, I didn't even try the rear ones...
2020 Firenze Red HSE

ChrisMc
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:31 pm
ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 am
No, mine seems to work fine, I have noticed though that if you place something on the seat (depending on weight) , it thinks there is someone sat in it, same as the rear seats, so the sensors are quite sensitive.
The rear seats should only register an occupant when the seat belt is fastened. Are you sure yours activate as soon as someone sits in them? Be aware that the rear climate controls in the car don’t change to show the smart climate icon, but the easy way to check is to put the lower touchscreen into the climate display and then press the down arrow to show the rear controls. Your front dials will then change to show (and control) the rear climate zone. The front dials WILL now show the smart climate icon for the rear zone. It’s weird, but I guess they thought the rear controls don’t need to change as there will be nobody there to see it?
Yes you are right ADD, they do register only when the seat belts are fastened on the rear seats. I forgot that element. ;)
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Yes you are right ADD, they do register only when the seat belts are fastened on the rear seats. I forgot that element. ;)
No worries. I thought you were maybe misinterpreting the fact that when you get in the back, the temperature dials don’t show the smart climate icon. It’s not immediately apparent that they never show that icon, whether occupied or not!

ChrisMc
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by ChrisMc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 pm
ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Yes you are right ADD, they do register only when the seat belts are fastened on the rear seats. I forgot that element. ;)
No worries. I thought you were maybe misinterpreting the fact that when you get in the back, the temperature dials don’t show the smart climate icon. It’s not immediately apparent that they never show that icon, whether occupied or not!
No problem, actually although mine is an HSE with a few extras, I have rear seat heaters, but I don't have the rear temp dials, I think that was only available on the First Edition model? not sure now.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Smart climate working intermittently

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:35 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 pm
ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Yes you are right ADD, they do register only when the seat belts are fastened on the rear seats. I forgot that element. ;)
No worries. I thought you were maybe misinterpreting the fact that when you get in the back, the temperature dials don’t show the smart climate icon. It’s not immediately apparent that they never show that icon, whether occupied or not!
No problem, actually although mine is an HSE with a few extras, I have rear seat heaters, but I don't have the rear temp dials, I think that was only available on the First Edition model? not sure now.
Oh ok. I know it’s available as an option but thought (wrongly) it was standard on HSE. I guess FE was the only one with it as standard then.

Post Reply