Howto update offline navigation charts?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Cuflee

Howto update offline navigation charts?

Post by Cuflee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:28 am

Hi All,

I'm soooo excited with my new I-Pace, installed a SIM yesterday and now it is also connected to 4G. That's great. But I mentioned the offline maps were out of date. The car directed me to jaguar.here.com, where I created an account and got the Jaguar Route app. I connected my navigation profile to the route app and now I can also use that, and have the option to download maps for when the car is offline.

But..., the car does not seem to be able to download the updates by itself, even when connected to WiFI. With the app I can download them to my phone and that's what I've been doing now for the past 8 hours.

But then what? I will end up with all that offline car data on my phone and I guess I need to get this to the car. But how? There is only one SIM slot in the car and it is used by the telecom provider card. There is no storage card slot there. There are two USB ports. Would copying those maps to an USB drive (root?) and placing that into the USB slot help?

The car is provided with out of data offline cards. Where are they stored?

Thanks for you time and help!

Maxwell_400

Re: Howto update offline navigation charts?

Post by Maxwell_400 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 am

Cuflee wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:28 am
Hi All,

I'm soooo excited with my new I-Pace, installed a SIM yesterday and now it is also connected to 4G. That's great. But I mentioned the offline maps were out of date. The car directed me to jaguar.here.com, where I created an account and got the Jaguar Route app. I connected my navigation profile to the route app and now I can also use that, and have the option to download maps for when the car is offline.

But..., the car does not seem to be able to download the updates by itself, even when connected to WiFI. With the app I can download them to my phone and that's what I've been doing now for the past 8 hours.

But then what? I will end up with all that offline car data on my phone and I guess I need to get this to the car. But how? There is only one SIM slot in the car and it is used by the telecom provider card. There is no storage card slot there. There are two USB ports. Would copying those maps to an USB drive (root?) and placing that into the USB slot help?

The car is provided with out of data offline cards. Where are they stored?

Thanks for you time and help!
You need to download the maps to an usb stick, search in "iguide" for "map updates"
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, H264, H280, TCU 18.2, BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Cuflee

Post by Cuflee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

Thanks for your amazingly quick response. I have a 2018 I-Pace, it's not listed within IGuide anymore, but hope it will not be any different from the 2019 version. I'll copy the map from where it downloaded to my phone onto the USB drive and hope it works first, thanks :-)

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:43 am

Download to a USB, plug that in the car and it will auto update, takes about 20 - 30 minutes usually. Don't switch the car off while it is updating.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:38 am

Let's don't forget the tricky part ....
You need a memory formatted FAT32 otherwise it won't be read. The problem is that FAT32 has a limit at 32GB and you need more space than that for the new maps. So if you have already a 64GB (or more) memory FAT32 formatted than you are ok otherwise if your memory is NTFS formatted then you need a tool like this

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index. ... format.htm

to format it as the standard Win formating tool is limited to 32GB.
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

fantonsen

Post by fantonsen » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:23 am

Cuflee wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am
Thanks for your amazingly quick response. I have a 2018 I-Pace, it's not listed within IGuide anymore, but hope it will not be any different from the 2019 version. I'll copy the map from where it downloaded to my phone onto the USB drive and hope it works first, thanks :-)
There is no 2018 version of I-Pace. The first version is MY19, even though the first deliveries was in Q3 2018. I have my self one of those early cars.
Just as the cars being built now is MY21, and we are still in 2020...
Also, MY19 and MY20 are virtually identical cars. So I don't think it matters much if you choose MY19 or MY20 in IGuide.
🇳🇴 Norway
8-) I-Pace S | Firenze red | September 2018
:arrow: InControl: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 18.2 | BECS: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Cuflee

Post by Cuflee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:41 am

Tnx all! I have a 128GB USB FAT32 formatted with my music collection, I would love to move it there, but the app on my phone only allowed downloading to internal memory or card. I've picked "card", but the files are nowhere to be found (though I do now miss about 17GB on the card). Even with treesize it's not there so no clue how to move it to USB.

And thanks for the version explanation, I was afraid Jaguar already abandoned my model :-).

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Can't help you with music on a USB - I just plug my iPhone into the car for music. For maps I would just buy a new USB 64gig stick for downloading maps. You will need to put this into your desktop (or laptop) for the map download.
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm

The USB Stick has to be formatted to FAT32 by factory... if you do this with „normal“ tools e.g. on Apple Mac OS the car will not accept the Stick ... quite anoying stuff 🙄
There is a program or App for Windows and Mac OS to download the map data. This will copy it direct onto the Stick.
It also takes 5 Minutes or so until the car will check the stick and ask to start the update... you have to be patient 😎

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 pm

CaptainJAG wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm
The USB Stick has to be formatted to FAT32 by factory... if you do this with „normal“ tools e.g. on Apple Mac OS the car will not accept the Stick ... quite anoying stuff 🙄
There is a program or App for Windows and Mac OS to download the map data. This will copy it direct onto the Stick.
It also takes 5 Minutes or so until the car will check the stick and ask to start the update... you have to be patient 😎
On the other hand, if you buy a 128Gb Sandisk there is no buggering about to do with formatting anything, it works straight out of the box. ;)
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270