Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 am

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!
Obviously not tried to use yet as not got my car yet but I was just using the Jag App to scout around for locations on my trip home from Cornwall.

All of the locations were listed by Kwh on the map, is there an easy way to search for Ionity only?
Just go to these websites - the official Ionity webpage or the Ionity tracker.
https://ionity.eu/
https://ionity.ev-info.eu/opened

PS: The more questions you ask the more we are spoiling the adventure of living with an BEV for you. It is a lot of fun to discover that world on your own including the screw ups and raised heart rate :lol:

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 61.412km | 2020 Efficiency 200watt/km @ avg 75km/h

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:30 am

electric beagle wrote:

Obviously not tried to use yet as not got my car yet but I was just using the Jag App to scout around for locations on my trip home from Cornwall.

All of the locations were listed by Kwh on the map, is there an easy way to search for Ionity only?
The Jag app/card is only worth using with Ionity. Everyone else will cost you a LOT more than just paying direct. Sadly, the search function is useless and a search for Ionity will produce 1 result in the U.K.! Also, some of the newer ones don’t even feature on the map (Ionity Perth is still not on there but you can charge using the Jaguar card). So really it’s a case of finding them if you don’t know where they are. In the Cornwall area there is a new one at Cullompton but it doesn’t appear in the app as a selectable charger. Weirdly though if you zoom in there is a green charging symbol and “IONITY” on the map, but it’s not shown as a charger that you can click on. But you can charge there using the Jag card. Be aware though that it could be on free vend as it has been for a while. Not sure if it still is. Don’t use the Jaguar card if it is on free vend as Plugsurfing will probably still bill you!

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks all

It's unfortunate that my first ever journey is 350 miles and it seems ionity will not be a lot of use 😜

I am all for learning as I go and enjoying the "fun" but would rather not have to hitch a ride on a recovery truck back home from the Midlands :D
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

endoman

Post by endoman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!

Use Zap Map, it will let you filter by provider. I've set filters up for my preferred networks and rapids only.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126