Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
CaptainJAG

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by CaptainJAG » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Same situation here.
Ionity charger will even not start, but Plugsurfing is charging the full price.
Technically, the problem is at Ionity, also BmW I3 & I4 and Audi etron have same issues ... They are working on it... the charger shows Status 294 on top of the screen ... sometimes
It is getting better ... 4 charging stops and only one failure ... before was 50:50.
Plugsurfing is charging every attempt with full price. I also argued on 2 invoices right now , but no feedback ... still in progress

I will have an eye on this

BR

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Are the costs per kWh in the jaguar app accurate? Of so they don't seem very cheap effectively being close to the cost of refilling with petrol or diesel
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Grunt

Post by Grunt » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi Beagle,

With the Jaguar Plugsurfing you're not billed per kWh, rather a single flat fee around 8-9 euro.
Which is much cheaper than liquid fuel.

If you pay the "normal" rapid charging rate between 50-80 cents per kWh, you'll arrive at a cost per km as high as with petrol or diesel.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Grunt wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:39 pm
Hi Beagle,

With the Jaguar Plugsurfing you're not billed per kWh, rather a single flat fee around 8-9 euro.

If you pay the "normal" rapid charging rate between 50-80 cents per kWh, you'll arrive at a cost per km as high as with petrol or diesel.
Thanks that makes more sense then lol

Obviously I haven't yet picked up my car which is due early next month (assuming we are still allowed out then). But I have 350 miles to get home so will need to do a charge or two on my first trip.

So the per kWh fees in the app are totally irrelevant then I just use my card and pay a flat fee for a charging session? I assume then I want to charge as long as possible Inna session?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 pm
Grunt wrote:
Hi Beagle,

Obviously I haven't yet picked up my car which is due early next month (assuming we are still allowed out then). But I have 350 miles to get home so will need to do a charge or two on my first trip.

So the per kWh fees in the app are totally irrelevant then I just use my card and pay a flat fee for a charging session? I assume then I want to charge as long as possible Inna session?
Be carefull - you must the Jaguar charging app and/or have your plugsurfing RFID card linked to Jaguar charging account.
If you use the normal Plugsurfing you will the very high per kWh rate.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 61.412km | 2020 Efficiency 200watt/km @ avg 75km/h

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 pm
Grunt wrote:
Hi Beagle,

Be carefull - you must the Jaguar charging app and/or have your plugsurfing RFID card linked to Jaguar charging account.
If you use the normal Plugsurfing you will the very high per kWh rate.
Yes I have the app and card

Looking at the rates without that I guess it makes sense to search out plugsurfing locations?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:54 am

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Yes I have the app and card

Looking at the rates without that I guess it makes sense to search out plugsurfing locations?
If you’re seeing a per kWh rate then you must be using the wrong app. The Jaguar app will show a price of £8.80 per charge as shown below.

3B2060BB-B582-470B-8469-D6CE516A19C5.jpeg

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am

As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am

Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!
Obviously not tried to use yet as not got my car yet but I was just using the Jag App to scout around for locations on my trip home from Cornwall.

All of the locations were listed by Kwh on the map, is there an easy way to search for Ionity only?