Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:31 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Does the process work any differently if ordering via the iOS App? Do you still have to pay the same 10 euros and get the same sort of RFID card?
Works exactly the same. In fact, I ordered a Plugsurfing card and a Jaguar card at the same time. Both came from the same place, in identical envelopes with an identical covering letter. Both cards were also identical.

electric beagle
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:31 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Does the process work any differently if ordering via the iOS App? Do you still have to pay the same 10 euros and get the same sort of RFID card?
Works exactly the same. In fact, I ordered a Plugsurfing card and a Jaguar card at the same time. Both came from the same place, in identical envelopes with an identical covering letter. Both cards were also identical.
Same cost too?
Delivery October 2020 21 HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:28 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Same cost too?
Yep.

electric beagle
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:40 pm

So to order from the plugsufing website I need to create a login and password too if I share the same email and address that I use on the Jag Public Charging App does this cause any later problems?
Delivery October 2020 21 HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:35 am

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:40 pm
So to order from the plugsufing website I need to create a login and password too if I share the same email and address that I use on the Jag Public Charging App does this cause any later problems?
No issues. I have both with the same email and street address.

electric beagle
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by electric beagle » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:18 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:35 am
electric beagle wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:40 pm
So to order from the plugsufing website I need to create a login and password too if I share the same email and address that I use on the Jag Public Charging App does this cause any later problems?
No issues. I have both with the same email and street address.
Thanks now done.

Worth noting that the plugsurfing site does not seem to work well with Edge as a browser, had to switch to Chrome.
Delivery October 2020 21 HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim

User avatar
bluenun
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by bluenun » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Does anyone know if it’s possible to charge other makes of vehicles via the Jaguar app on Ionity? I have a Jaguar account and it would be great if it worked with a Kia e-Niro as well?

Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm

bluenun wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm
Does anyone know if it’s possible to charge other makes of vehicles via the Jaguar app on Ionity? I have a Jaguar account and it would be great if it worked with a Kia e-Niro as well?
Best suggestion is to try it and see if it works. The only risk is of course either not being able to charge or getting a huge bill as obviously you are not testing it with just charged a couple of kWh.

I do not know for sure but do not see why not - doubt the software is that advance or linked that the Ionity charger checks the car type/brand as part of the authorization process. I had to call Ionity a few times and they always ask me what car I drive.

Not sure the billing software of Plugsurfing is advanced as well - still fighting with them over being billed for failed Ionity session. There own App and invoice clearly show no kWh was charged yet they charged me, also for the next failed session 2 minutes later and for the successful session another 2 minutes later.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 60.300km | 2020 Efficiency 202watt/km @ avg 76km/h

nis
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by nis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm

I just got my last bills from Plugsurfing for my Jaguar account/token. In Germany a few week ago, at the Ionity at the Osteta Nord service area I had many retries to connect. After calling Ionity, I was asked to try also another charger. After several attempts, the helpfull person at Ionity managed to start the charging remotely. He was sorry about the time wasted for us and told it would be no cost to me. Happy until I received the bill today from Plugsurfing. I have been charged 7 times the 7,392 EUR plus VAT for the unsuccessful connections. Obviously Plugsurfing charges the full amount at the time of authorising the payment methode, whatever happens afterwards. The full charging I received at no cost were not on the invoice, so no fault of Ionity. I have referred the matter to the accounting team of Plugsurfing and we will see. Asking Ionity how to avoid similar situations, I was told that they could not do anything as the payment process entirely were in the hands of Plugsurfing, but recommended to call Ionity service number next time to be talked through the start up of the next charging proces. Alternatively to use a different provider who charges per kWh. Any other I-Pace owner have a better idea?

fantonsen
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 am
Location: Norway

Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by fantonsen » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:58 pm

nis wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm
I just got my last bills from Plugsurfing for my Jaguar account/token. In Germany a few week ago, at the Ionity at the Osteta Nord service area I had many retries to connect. After calling Ionity, I was asked to try also another charger. After several attempts, the helpfull person at Ionity managed to start the charging remotely. He was sorry about the time wasted for us and told it would be no cost to me. Happy until I received the bill today from Plugsurfing. I have been charged 7 times the 7,392 EUR plus VAT for the unsuccessful connections. Obviously Plugsurfing charges the full amount at the time of authorising the payment methode, whatever happens afterwards. The full charging I received at no cost were not on the invoice, so no fault of Ionity. I have referred the matter to the accounting team of Plugsurfing and we will see. Asking Ionity how to avoid similar situations, I was told that they could not do anything as the payment process entirely were in the hands of Plugsurfing, but recommended to call Ionity service number next time to be talked through the start up of the next charging proces. Alternatively to use a different provider who charges per kWh. Any other I-Pace owner have a better idea?
I just got the same bill here in norway today with a similar situation.
I had 1 "successfull" charge from 5% to 20%, when it suddenly stopped after 8 minutes with a "communication error" on the IONITY display. (Goal was 80%)
I then reconnected the charger 3 more times to try again, all immediately ending in the same error without any started charging at all.
Finally called IONITY support, who tried remotely, with the same error, and concluded that there was something wrong with the charger.
So I moved to the next charger, and the support started this one without any problems, and without any cost, and I completed to 80% without any more problems.

However the bill today from Plugsurfing showed:
Session 1: 10.53 kWH
Session 2: 0 kWH
Session 3: 0 kWH
Session 4: 0 kWH
Alle 4 sessions within 15 minutes.

And all 4 sessions billed in full by plugsurfing.

Cred to IONITY for starting the charging again without any further costs from them.
Shame on Plugsurfing for trying to bill for several failed charging attempts.

I have sent an complaint to Plugsurfing, and are waiting for their response.
🇳🇴 Norway
8-) I-Pace S | Firenze red | September 2018
:arrow: InControl: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 18.2 | BECS: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Post Reply