Re: Jaguar Public Charging App and Ionity

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 am

electric beagle wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!
Obviously not tried to use yet as not got my car yet but I was just using the Jag App to scout around for locations on my trip home from Cornwall.

All of the locations were listed by Kwh on the map, is there an easy way to search for Ionity only?
Just go to these websites - the official Ionity webpage or the Ionity tracker.
https://ionity.eu/
https://ionity.ev-info.eu/opened

PS: The more questions you ask the more we are spoiling the adventure of living with an BEV for you. It is a lot of fun to discover that world on your own including the screw ups and raised heart rate :lol:

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20C + Telematics 19.2 | ODO 67,900km | 2020 Efficiency 199watt/km @ avg 74km/h

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:30 am

electric beagle wrote:

Obviously not tried to use yet as not got my car yet but I was just using the Jag App to scout around for locations on my trip home from Cornwall.

All of the locations were listed by Kwh on the map, is there an easy way to search for Ionity only?
The Jag app/card is only worth using with Ionity. Everyone else will cost you a LOT more than just paying direct. Sadly, the search function is useless and a search for Ionity will produce 1 result in the U.K.! Also, some of the newer ones don’t even feature on the map (Ionity Perth is still not on there but you can charge using the Jaguar card). So really it’s a case of finding them if you don’t know where they are. In the Cornwall area there is a new one at Cullompton but it doesn’t appear in the app as a selectable charger. Weirdly though if you zoom in there is a green charging symbol and “IONITY” on the map, but it’s not shown as a charger that you can click on. But you can charge there using the Jag card. Be aware though that it could be on free vend as it has been for a while. Not sure if it still is. Don’t use the Jaguar card if it is on free vend as Plugsurfing will probably still bill you!

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks all

It's unfortunate that my first ever journey is 350 miles and it seems ionity will not be a lot of use 😜

I am all for learning as I go and enjoying the "fun" but would rather not have to hitch a ride on a recovery truck back home from the Midlands :D
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

endoman

Post by endoman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 am
Delta5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
As far as I can tell only the Ionity chargers have the £8.80 pricing in the U.K. all the others are close to 50p a KWH which makes it very limited in its usefulness.
That’s correct. I should probably have clarified that, but as this thread is about Ionity, I just assumed that was what we were discussing. My bad!

Use Zap Map, it will let you filter by provider. I've set filters up for my preferred networks and rapids only.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C1_20.48.3-635557 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Just got an email from Plugsurfing about their new fixed rates for charging in Germany - the email was in German below the Google translation.
So it went from an interesting €8.80 per session to variable rates usually €0.10 above market to now fixed rates which are €0.20-€0.30 above market.

It is always our goal to give you the freedom to easily charge your electric car anywhere. Over the years we have expanded our network to meet the demands of our growing customer base. Germany is a unique market among charging point operators and is served by hundreds of CPOs, many of whom are now part of the network.

In order to guarantee the continuity of a high quality service and transparency for our users throughout the country, we will introduce fixed prices in Germany. This means that regardless of whether you charge with the Jaguar EV charging app or the charging key in Germany, you have a fixed price per kWh for charging with alternating current and a price per kWh for charging with direct current.

From March 15, 2021, the following prices will apply to Jaguar users at all charging stations in Germany:
• AC: € 0.49 / kWh
• DC: € 0.69 / kWh
• Ionity: € 1.09 / kWh

I will continue to use my Maingau card/App - same free service with better rates.
https://www.maingau-energie.de/e-mobili ... trom-Tarif
• AC: € 0.38 / kWh
• DC: € 0.48 / kWh
• Ionity: € 0.75 / kWh
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20C + Telematics 19.2 | ODO 67,900km | 2020 Efficiency 199watt/km @ avg 74km/h

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:20 pm

even the lower amount per Kwh is insane though and compares really badly to say BP in the UK.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:13 pm

I use the EnBW mobility+, it’s way better and cheaper. I don’t use ionity. I’d rather get my car towed, really. Just don’t let them make a business like that and they’ll have to adjust.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:00 am

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:06 pm

From March 15, 2021, the following prices will apply to Jaguar users at all charging stations in Germany:
• AC: € 0.49 / kWh
• DC: € 0.69 / kWh
• Ionity: € 1.09 / kWh[/color]
A premium car deserves premium electrons, I am sure they are filtered from any (brown) coal residue.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, 20C, TCU 19.2, BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

JonnyVtec

Post by JonnyVtec » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:44 am

I see Octopus Juice now added Ionity. So Atleast the rip off is added to my electricity bill rather than £67 prepayment!

Oh and 5% discount.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:05 am

JonnyVtec wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:44 am
I see Octopus Juice now added Ionity. So Atleast the rip off is added to my electricity bill rather than £67 prepayment!

Oh and 5% discount.
Didn't even know billing charging to Octopus was an option have now duly signed up although the rates seem a tad high.