All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
CaptainJAG

Re: 80% charge

Post by CaptainJAG » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:47 am

ELray wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:27 am
CaptainJAG wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 am
The way to charge the car when unlocked and hazard lights on... what is the clue on that?
When the car is unlocked, it might run a different charging program, ok, but the hazard lights?
I charged the I-Pace from 10% to 100% two days ago with my wallbox reduced to 10A / 2,1kw charging power (granny charger equivalent).
And I do not see any big changes in kwh avvailable... indeed, the power cruise control app shows 81kwh available , Wattcat 83,75kwh....
I try to recharge from 96% to 100% with the car unlocked now... maybe thats the point 🤔
I do not have a garage to test the hazard light procedure 😂

Is there a document, where the procedure is explained or listed?
They say you need to have the hazard lights on and car unlocked to stop the car from going into a sleep mode. I guess this keeps perhaps the TCU busy, who knows..

There is a document/ service bulletin on this procedure in topix. You need to have access to it. That cost money!! 💰 💴
Thanks for the quick response.
I have Topix but only the „light“ version.
I will book an account and get the right documents

Thanks again

BR

Christian

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 pm

The way to charge the car when unlocked and hazard lights on... what is the clue on that?
When the car is unlocked, it might run a different charging program, ok, but the hazard lights?
I charged the I-Pace from 10% to 100% two days ago with my wallbox reduced to 10A / 2,1kw charging power (granny charger equivalent).
And I do not see any big changes in kwh avvailable... indeed, the power cruise control app shows 81kwh available , Wattcat 83,75kwh....
I try to recharge from 96% to 100% with the car unlocked now... maybe thats the point 🤔

They say you need to have the hazard lights on and car unlocked to stop the car from going into a sleep mode. I guess this keeps perhaps the TCU busy, who knows..

There is a document/ service bulletin on this procedure in topix. You need to have access to it. That cost money!! 💰 💴
Sorry to bother you again.
I was looking into the technical documentation of the I-Pace on Topix, but there is no Service Bulletin or Information on the procedure you mentioned.
Do you have a key word for the search or any hint to find that thing ?

BTW... there is a documentation on charging times into the PDI Manual ... from 0 - 80 % in 45 Minutes on DC charging .... I never got that even close... but good to know where to look at if you have to put pressure on JLR ;)

Thanks and BR

Christian

Rbrandwijk

Post by Rbrandwijk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Is there an option to reset the Incontrol system while charging the car? This will bypass the software restricted charging speed.

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Rbrandwijk wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:16 pm
Is there an option to reset the Incontrol system while charging the car? This will bypass the software restricted charging speed.
There might be a way... but this is a risky thing to do...
I would not recommend to do it ...
you have to disconnect cables and it is not sure you get full charging speed ... But you will get error messages

Rbrandwijk

Post by Rbrandwijk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 pm
you have to disconnect cables and it is not sure you get full charging speed ... But you will get error messages
I know this option but this is a risky one. I know somebody who reported that 100kW charging was more successful when Incontrol was down (the black screen issues), basically confirming your story that separate software is controlling the charging speed. I am looking for a combination of key inputs resulting in a soft reset. E.g. Holding the left button in the roof for more than 10 seconds.

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 pm
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 pm
I know this option but this is a risky one. I know somebody who reported that 100kW charging was more successful when Incontrol was down (the black screen issues), basically confirming your story that separate software is controlling the charging speed. I am looking for a combination of key inputs resulting in a soft reset. E.g. Holding the left button in the roof for more than 10 seconds.
The Youtube channel of electricfelix showed this method , I know... pushing the left button in the roof only has influence on the Telematics Side... this was the problem with temematics, why the Infotainment shuts down.
Newer software on TCU deleted this error ...
There is no way I know to get the Infotainment down except pulling that cable...

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Tried the Hazard Light Procedure today ... a little modified 😬

Plugged in the Wallbox set to 7,4kw charging power
Hazard Lights on
Car remains unlocked
Started charging at 78% And let it charge until the end...

Result: a higher SOH in power cruise control (but uneven) and higher Energy available. Even Wattcat states 99% optimized and shows a higher capacity....

It works 👍🥳

Thanks for the hint.

Will repeat that procedure from a lower SoC
Seems the granny charger is not required, it also works with a wallbox ... the hazard lights and unlocked car are the game winners

BR

HSE

Post by HSE » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:41 pm
Tried the Hazard Light Procedure today ... a little modified 😬

Plugged in the Wallbox set to 7,4kw charging power
Hazard Lights on
Car remains unlocked
Started charging at 78% And let it charge until the end...

Result: a higher SOH in power cruise control (but uneven) and higher Energy available. Even Wattcat states 99% optimized and shows a higher capacity....

It works 👍🥳

Thanks for the hint.

Will repeat that procedure from a lower SoC
Seems the granny charger is not required, it also works with a wallbox ... the hazard lights and unlocked car are the game winners

BR
That is fantastic to know, and makes it possible to do when parked up at work for me.... just need to let people know that my car will be flashing away all day :-)

ELray

Post by ELray » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:06 am

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 pm

Sorry to bother you again.
I was looking into the technical documentation of the I-Pace on Topix, but there is no Service Bulletin or Information on the procedure you mentioned.
Do you have a key word for the search or any hint to find that thing ?

BTW... there is a documentation on charging times into the PDI Manual ... from 0 - 80 % in 45 Minutes on DC charging .... I never got that even close... but good to know where to look at if you have to put pressure on JLR ;)

Thanks and BR

Christian
I don’t know, got a translated/modified version on mail, but I would try to search “cell” or “battery” or “warranty”
🇳🇴 Norway
💥I-Pace S Edition
💥Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️H264: 06.01.20
⚙️H280: 02.07.20
⚙️Telematics: 18.2 (24.07.20)
⚙️InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 (12.08.20)
⚙️BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
⚙️Maps: 08.030.0107.0158 (08.05.20)

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm

I try to charge the car with the flashers on and the door unlocked to see if there is a difference during the charge. I can 't see any. There may be a difference at the end of the charge, but not during the charge.
The big difference is that I saw more visitors at the house's door: my neighbor and even a policeman both rang at the door to see if everything is alright, because the car was flashing in the driveway with door handle unlocked... :-)

Capture d’écran, le 2020-09-13 à 12.41.58.png