80% charge

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
CaptainJAG

Re: 80% charge

Post by CaptainJAG » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Interesting graph, thanks for sharing.
I think there might be 2 factors to be thought of:

1. Software .... I have got new software for the AC charger and DC charger 3 weeks ago... maybe this is a „must“ have
Seems, your car will start battery care at the end of the charging.

2. you stopped charging quite a way before 100%
I went from 80% to a 100% (it took nearly 35 Minutes at 100% until charging was finished)

Maybe some other input on this from a member?

I will get TCU 19.2 on Friday and will test it again ...

And I can confirm the guests watching the scene 😂

Rbrandwijk

Post by Rbrandwijk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:36 pm

dernotte wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm
I try to charge the car with the flashers on and the door unlocked to see if there is a difference during the charge. I can 't see any. There may be a difference at the end of the charge, but not during the charge.
The big difference is that I saw more visitors at the house's door: my neighbor and even a policeman both rang at the door to see if everything is alright, because the car was flashing in the driveway with door handle unlocked... :-)

Capture d’écran, le 2020-09-13 à 12.41.58.png
Why is there such a large peak at the beginning of the graph? I have the same with 7.4kW charging. In the beginning the graph goes to 10kW.

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 pm

I don't know and that does not make sense. The charge can not deliver 10kw, but this is what the API is reporting. This is not completely true because the 2 metrics the API is exposing is the %/h or km/h. In order to render kw, I assume that a full battery is 86.5kw/h, and I do 86.5 x (%/h) to get the kw.
I am assuming that the API, sometime, does not give an accurate value, especially during the first hour, and I have no explanation why. This is a question for the TCU team at JLR.