Jaguar Remote App - Setting Charge Period

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
George Jetson

Re: Jaguar Remote App - Setting Charge Period

Post by George Jetson » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pm

“at which point I stopped it charging using the app”
I did this a few times and it seemed to undo all the precondition settings. Left it alone since.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am

George Jetson wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Just to check;
“6.30am still charging when it should have stopped“
Yep - that’s the behaviour I see and the dealer insists is correct.

“can’t see why it should have stopped charging at 6am”
Not sure you mean this based on other comments ?

“it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights”
Wow - this has been the holy grail I’ve never achieved !!

I gave up on the timed charging challenge some time ago and I’m sorry to say the daily battle with it has tainted my enjoyment of the car. Silly I know, but the logic is simply flawed. 🤬😉
I agree it’s a very frustrating system to use and I can’t really understand why they opted to go down that route. My recommendation to anyone is to make sure you buy a charger which can do timed charging and just use that. It’s so much easier and gives you the control to decide when YOU want charging to start and stop. I hate it when technology thinks it knows what I want better than I do.

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am
George Jetson wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Just to check;
“6.30am still charging when it should have stopped“
Yep - that’s the behaviour I see and the dealer insists is correct.

“can’t see why it should have stopped charging at 6am”
Not sure you mean this based on other comments ?

“it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights”
Wow - this has been the holy grail I’ve never achieved !!

I gave up on the timed charging challenge some time ago and I’m sorry to say the daily battle with it has tainted my enjoyment of the car. Silly I know, but the logic is simply flawed. 🤬😉
I agree it’s a very frustrating system to use and I can’t really understand why they opted to go down that route. My recommendation to anyone is to make sure you buy a charger which can do timed charging and just use that. It’s so much easier and gives you the control to decide when YOU want charging to start and stop. I hate it when technology thinks it knows what I want better than I do.
Looks like I should have done more research before buying the charger 😱 I have contacted PodPoint and they have said they are looking at timed charging but it might be a year away.

Surely Jaguar need to prioritise doing something about this it’s all over the forums everybody seems unhappy about it. Simple fix might be just being able to limit the % charge which would stop it carrying on.

Maybe somehow do a joint post to JLR on this site
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Jlr no3 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 am

Looks like I should have done more research before buying the charger 😱 I have contacted PodPoint and they have said they are looking at timed charging but it might be a year away.

Surely Jaguar need to prioritise doing something about this it’s all over the forums everybody seems unhappy about it. Simple fix might be just being able to limit the % charge which would stop it carrying on.

Maybe somehow do a joint post to JLR on this site
Trust me, JLR are well aware of this issue. They are well aware that most customers don’t like the approach they took to timed charging. But they have no intention to change it. You can try, but you’ll be banging your head against the wall on this one.

George Jetson

Post by George Jetson » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:30 pm

I have noticed a slight improvement of late (software update I guess) where it defaults to precondition on every time. This wasn’t the case previously and I was constantly have to restart the car drive it a few cm and try to catch the on selector as it briefly appeared!

George Jetson

Post by George Jetson » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm

I did see a post elsewhere suggesting a simple clockwork timer in the circuit solved this.
I did toy with the idea of a din rail timer in the circuit for the car charger but never investigated properly.
Eg on Amazon a Greenbrook T80. No idea if it’s suitable but the theory that it only allows current between 0030 & 0430 seemed to suggest it could work ?

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm

George Jetson wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm
I did see a post elsewhere suggesting a simple clockwork timer in the circuit solved this.
I did toy with the idea of a din rail timer in the circuit for the car charger but never investigated properly.
Eg on Amazon a Greenbrook T80. No idea if it’s suitable but the theory that it only allows current between 0030 & 0430 seemed to suggest it could work ?
Did my first off peak charge starting at 12.30 end at 04.30 with the MyPace app last night all worked well, petty you can’t do that with the Jaguar app
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

George Jetson

Post by George Jetson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Jlr no3 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm
Did my first off peak charge starting at 12.30 end at 04.30 with the MyPace app last night all worked well, petty you can’t do that with the Jaguar app
Great stuff !!
Is this the app that isn’t on the iOS App Store?
Sorry I know there is more detail on this somewhere in here.

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 pm

George Jetson wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm
Jlr no3 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm
Great stuff !!
Is this the app that isn’t on the iOS App Store?
Sorry I know there is more detail on this somewhere in here.
It’s under a topic called 3rd party app for iPace link is on there to request access via Apple test pilot not on App Store yet.