Jaguar Remote App - Setting Charge Period

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Jaguar Remote App - Setting Charge Period

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:47 pm

sunnyjoe wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 pm
Alternatively, you could let the charger manage the charge timing. This works very well with the Ohme charger (also available as a cable for untethered chargers)
He said he had a Pod Point Solo charger. I might be wrong, but I don’t think the Solo has timed charging in it, it has to be controlled by the vehicle. I could be wrong as I’ve never used one, but I think that’s the case.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Pod points don't have any timing options :(
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm

Getoco wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:29 pm
On a similar vein I am unable to communicate with the vehicle remotely. It seems frozen and indicates that I am driving when it is in the garage. Any ideas how to unfreeze?
This happens occasionally, however there seem to be alot of owners having this problem over last week. May need to go to dealer to have TCU reset. I was going to dealer anyway. It is a sit and wait 10-15min job apparently.
Try the left button above rearview mirror first. Press and hold till slow flashing, can sometimes help reset communications
MY20 16th July HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Active Suspension/Air, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats.
S20B1_20.30.2-578440 telematics 19.2 BECS BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE Maps 08.030.0111.0157
Zappi 2.0 Untethered and Solar, Rolec

MikeSL1

Post by MikeSL1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Strange as it may seem is to press the button on the roof panel that calls breakdown and hold it till it stops flashing and starts to ring, then hang up

This is what the AA man told me

Getoco

Post by Getoco » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:58 am

Thanks for your advice. I will try that.

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

My Pod Point Solo does not have timed charging.

Last night I set the departure date to Monday next week and I had about 23% charge left, plugged in and charger lights indicated waiting to charge. 11.45pm charging started as per charge period set, 6.30am still charging when it should have stopped based on the charge period at 6am. I will try again tonight and set it a full week in the future but can’t see why it should have stopped charging at 6am this morning at that point it was about 65% charged with 3 days before departure date
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Jlr no3 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

Last night I set the departure date to Monday next week and I had about 23% charge left, plugged in and charger lights indicated waiting to charge. 11.45pm charging started as per charge period set, 6.30am still charging when it should have stopped based on the charge period at 6am. I will try again tonight and set it a full week in the future but can’t see why it should have stopped charging at 6am this morning at that point it was about 65% charged with 3 days before departure date
The car is trying to play it smart and this is how the preferred charging is meant to work. The car knows your next planned departure is next week, so it knows that it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights. To stop this behaviour you need to set your departure time to 23:00 the next day, not several days ahead.

LarrieH

Post by LarrieH » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 pm

I’ve been setting overnight off peak charging for the last 6 months without problems until the H280 update a month ago. Now having a number of minor faults, including timed charging. Booked in next week!
Photon Red FE, 22" 5 spoke + carbon inserts, 19Oct18

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:52 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:03 pm
Jlr no3 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

The car is trying to play it smart and this is how the preferred charging is meant to work. The car knows your next planned departure is next week, so it knows that it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights. To stop this behaviour you need to set your departure time to 23:00 the next day, not several days ahead.
Thanks I will try that re your comments “it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights” that’s not what happened it started on the first night at my preferred start time 11.45pm but then continued that night past the end time at 6am at which point I stopped it charging using the app
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

George Jetson

Post by George Jetson » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Just to check;
“6.30am still charging when it should have stopped“
Yep - that’s the behaviour I see and the dealer insists is correct.

“can’t see why it should have stopped charging at 6am”
Not sure you mean this based on other comments ?

“it can get to 100% by only charging during your preferred hours over 2 or 3 consecutive nights”
Wow - this has been the holy grail I’ve never achieved !!

I gave up on the timed charging challenge some time ago and I’m sorry to say the daily battle with it has tainted my enjoyment of the car. Silly I know, but the logic is simply flawed. 🤬😉