iPace Key Fob Case broken

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
GGreg

iPace Key Fob Case broken

Post by GGreg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 pm

I have unfortunately dropped my key fob a few times and the plastic casing has now broken, in fact it pretty much fell apart. All the insides are fine and it is literally just the plastic that is broken. JLR wanted to charge about £800 as they say they have to change the whole keyless system etc! All it needs is just the key fob shell. I could do it myself as there are only 4 screws holding the board in place! I can not find any replacement shells for iPace - for lots of other JLR makes. Does anyone know of somewhere that I could get one please.

Also there does not appear to be any leather or silicon protective casing for the iPace either - have been looking for a decent one since getting the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

Fluff

Re: iPace Key Fob Case broken

Post by Fluff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:30 pm

I beleive the key is a general jag standard, so ebay is your friend, just put 'jaguar key' in. Of course there will be genuine, and non-genuine, price and location are your guide.
I-Pace SE 2019[Everything BLACK] Santorini,Pano, 20' BLACK,winter pack, adap cruise.

GGreg

Post by GGreg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:47 pm

Thanks Fluff, I have had a quick look around on eBay and not found something anything - the main issue is the iPace has the front bonnet opener and all the others have a light button. I will have another hunt around and maybe use bits from both!!

BTW - I have pretty much same spec bar the winter pack! Good choice.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 pm

GGreg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 pm
I have unfortunately dropped my key fob a few times and the plastic casing has now broken, in fact it pretty much fell apart. All the insides are fine and it is literally just the plastic that is broken. JLR wanted to charge about £800 as they say they have to change the whole keyless system etc! All it needs is just the key fob shell. I could do it myself as there are only 4 screws holding the board in place! I can not find any replacement shells for iPace - for lots of other JLR makes. Does anyone know of somewhere that I could get one please.

Also there does not appear to be any leather or silicon protective casing for the iPace either - have been looking for a decent one since getting the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
https://www.vfleather.com/. You can try this firm, not cheap but cheaper than a new key.
MY20 HSE Santorini Black.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 pm
GGreg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks in advance.
https://www.vfleather.com/. You can try this firm, not cheap but cheaper than a new key.
https://www.vfleather.com/stranka-produ ... button-key. I have this one and it is very good quality.
MY20 HSE Santorini Black.

GGreg

Post by GGreg » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Jeffrey

Many thanks for that link, that is what I have been looking for. Now just need to see if I can get a new Fob shell to replace the broken one that I have "glued" together but no it will not hold!

Cheers