100kW charging: It’s a joke

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
denopa
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:57 pm
Location: London UK

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by denopa » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 am

Also by pushing the car while your spouse hits the brakes

CaptainJAG
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:55 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by CaptainJAG » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Grunt wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 am
CaptainJAG wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:32 am
... there is a Service Letter for AC charging optimizing battery balancing when Hazard Lights are on...
Captain, could you elaborate that a bit? What is supposed to happen according to the service letter?
There is a forum fellow from Norway explaining it in a posting weeks ago... maybe he can say more concerning this service letter.
My Topix Access was not going deep enough to find it

dernotte
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by dernotte » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:02 pm

I think we are lacking numbers and facts here, with before/after comparison. I personally don't go that often to a L3 charger, especially these days, but next time you charge, please open the car's browser with the url : http://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/charge.html, and it will start graphing the charging session. Then, you can do an test "before/after" with and without flashing light. Take a picture of the car's browser at the end of the charging session and share it here.
Personally, on my L2 home charger, I have not see any difference. The only difference I saw, was a policeman knocking at the dorr, asking why I have a flashing car in the driveway... :-)

RobN
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 am
Location: UK

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by RobN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am

On a recent 600 mile road-trip I was consistently getting 80kWh from Ionity 350kW chargers, which I was quite pleased with especially when using the Jaguar Charging App to get £8 fixed fee.

I didn't know about the hazard warning light trick, I'll try that next time. What an amazing Easter Egg!

Does it matter if they're on before charging sequence commences or can you just do it during?

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

denopa
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:57 pm
Location: London UK

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by denopa » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:18 am

What is the Jaguar charging app?

CaptainJAG
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:55 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by CaptainJAG » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:35 pm

RobN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am
On a recent 600 mile road-trip I was consistently getting 80kWh from Ionity 350kW chargers, which I was quite pleased with especially when using the Jaguar Charging App to get £8 fixed fee.

I didn't know about the hazard warning light trick, I'll try that next time. What an amazing Easter Egg!

Does it matter if they're on before charging sequence commences or can you just do it during?

Best, Rob
The hazard warning lights have to be on before you start charging.
You can lock the car, no Problem (I tested this twice now)

If you turn off the hazard lights, the charging speed will go down after 2 Minutes counted from turning the lights off 😉
If the car is still charging at 100kw of course

CaptainJAG
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:55 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by CaptainJAG » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:38 pm

I got hands on a report from a Porsche Taycan today.
30.000km on the watch and 15% degradation of the battery, if they measured it correctly. 😱
Maybe we better stick to the 100kw charging speed.

FENorway
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am
Location: Norge

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by FENorway » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:02 pm

CaptainJAG wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:38 pm
I got hands on a report from a Porsche Taycan today.
30.000km on the watch and 15% degradation of the battery, if they measured it correctly. 😱
Maybe we better stick to the 100kw charging speed.
Just continue the good work and there will be a replacement battery well inside the warranty limits.
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

electric beagle
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by electric beagle » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 pm

FENorway wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:02 pm
CaptainJAG wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:38 pm
I got hands on a report from a Porsche Taycan today.
30.000km on the watch and 15% degradation of the battery, if they measured it correctly. 😱
Maybe we better stick to the 100kw charging speed.
Just continue the good work and there will be a replacement battery well inside the warranty limits.
Going to be very expensive for VAG then isn't it
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

SammyD
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: 100kW charging: It’s a joke

Post by SammyD » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:10 pm

denopa wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:18 am
What is the Jaguar charging app?
That's another name for the Jaguar Remote App (from the Play Store or the App Store)
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

Post Reply