Range over Pennines?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions

How much range left after 120 miles at 70mph over the Pennines

Poll ended at Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:54 pm

10%
0
No votes
20%
1
5%
30%
7
37%
40%
8
42%
50%
3
16%
 
Total votes: 19

mdc124
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Location: Yarkshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:35 pm

scm wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
... my Pin number is 6699.
Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic
And tautological. :lol:
[edit] look up
Word before replying... (me)
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

Delta5
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by Delta5 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:46 pm

Surely, at 70mph regen is irrelevant because the drag at that speed would only activate regen on the steepest slopes, the car would simply use less power going downhill. On the motorway there should not be a problem balancing the accelerator just use cruise control the car will do it for you

I have a regular journey with a big height difference with my Diesel the difference is about 25% extra uphill.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior promised for May or June or July or ———-

fa147
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by fa147 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:35 pm
scm wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
... my Pin number is 6699.
Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic
And tautological. :lol:
[edit] look up
Word before replying... (me)
OK all, lets take it down a notch because this is a forum to help others not to throw insults back'n'forth.

Something has to be said that if you ask for help and are then ask for specifics, there is, most likely, a need for those specifics otherwise the advice being offered may not be accurate; which is helpful to no one.

Anyway, perhaps ABRP can help to answer the query you have and this thread can be left to join all the other thread on this forum.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0109.0155
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

elbocko
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by elbocko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:39 pm
Well since you still haven’t told us where you’re departing from, nobody will be able to give you an accurate estimate!
It's all getting a bit too serious...

I'm not actually going to Blackpool either!

I'm departing from my house, and going to my mum's. its 120 miles and I need to cross the Pennines. My inside leg measurement is 32" my Pin number is 6699. can you be more accurate now?

Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic

XX
:thumbsup: :D And as it is as warm as 10C with only a mild hurricane, I assume your wearing standard Yorkshire wear of singlet, shorts and handkerchief. ;)
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345.
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

mdc124
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Location: Yarkshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

elbocko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:39 pm
Well since you still haven’t told us where you’re departing from, nobody will be able to give you an accurate estimate!
It's all getting a bit too serious...

I'm not actually going to Blackpool either!

I'm departing from my house, and going to my mum's. its 120 miles and I need to cross the Pennines. My inside leg measurement is 32" my Pin number is 6699. can you be more accurate now?

Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic

XX
:thumbsup: :D And as it is as warm as 10C with only a mild hurricane, I assume your wearing standard Yorkshire wear of singlet, shorts and handkerchief. ;)
Oh my god... you meanie... Moderators Moderators - I’m being attacked.

:)

What’s the hankie for ;)
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

elbocko
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by elbocko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm
elbocko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm


It's all getting a bit too serious...

I'm not actually going to Blackpool either!

I'm departing from my house, and going to my mum's. its 120 miles and I need to cross the Pennines. My inside leg measurement is 32" my Pin number is 6699. can you be more accurate now?

Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic

XX
:thumbsup: :D And as it is as warm as 10C with only a mild hurricane, I assume your wearing standard Yorkshire wear of singlet, shorts and handkerchief. ;)
Oh my god... you meanie... Moderators Moderators - I’m being attacked.

:)

What’s the hankie for ;)
Knotted hat???
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345.
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

mdc124
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Location: Yarkshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Please note I am NOT trying to upset anyone.

Please don’t take anything seriously - I behave in forums as I would in a bar. I’ve yet to be punched or asked to leave

I am often told not to talk so loudly though :D
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

mdc124
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Location: Yarkshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:39 pm

elbocko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm
elbocko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm

:thumbsup: :D And as it is as warm as 10C with only a mild hurricane, I assume your wearing standard Yorkshire wear of singlet, shorts and handkerchief. ;)
Oh my god... you meanie... Moderators Moderators - I’m being attacked.

:)

What’s the hankie for ;)
Knotted hat???
Whew. I know a few people round here that would ask ‘what colour and what pocket’
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

elbocko
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by elbocko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:40 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm
Please note I am NOT trying to upset anyone.

Please don’t take anything seriously - I behave in forums as I would in a bar. I’ve yet to be punched or asked to leave

I am often told not to talk so loudly though :D
OK, I have to ask; why are you not driving a VW eUP! instead of an I-Pace?
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345.
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

mdc124
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Location: Yarkshire

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:47 pm

elbocko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:40 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm
Please note I am NOT trying to upset anyone.

Please don’t take anything seriously - I behave in forums as I would in a bar. I’ve yet to be punched or asked to leave

I am often told not to talk so loudly though :D
OK, I have to ask; why are you not driving a VW eUP! instead of an I-Pace?
Don’t you mean an AyUp?

I ‘might’ have missed the pun...
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

Post Reply