Total votes: 19

Jelle v/d Meer

Re: Range over Pennines?

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:47 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 am
Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 am
Can we have some more info like expected temperature, rain/dry, wind conditions, your driving style, AC on/off, alone or full car + luggage.
This is Northern England in the summer, So, in order...

10C, Lashing down, howling side wind, like a lunatic, the wife is in the car (24+oC), family of 4 + dog

I didn't realise how difficult a question it was to answer, was just looking for anyone's actual experience (so thanks @ChrisMc too)
:lol: :lol: based on above can I change my answer to empty battery 10 miles from your destination :o
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 51.400km | 2020 Efficiency 204watt/km.

mdc124

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:47 pm
mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 am
Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 am
Can we have some more info like expected temperature, rain/dry, wind conditions, your driving style, AC on/off, alone or full car + luggage.
This is Northern England in the summer, So, in order...

10C, Lashing down, howling side wind, like a lunatic, the wife is in the car (24+oC), family of 4 + dog

I didn't realise how difficult a question it was to answer, was just looking for anyone's actual experience (so thanks @ChrisMc too)
:lol: :lol: based on above can I change my answer to empty battery 10 miles from your destination :o
That’s actually more in line with my expectations!!
Indus Silver SE (800 miles in)
Other fast silver things
Generally overly sarcastic (don't take me too seriously)

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Well since you still haven’t told us where you’re departing from, nobody will be able to give you an accurate estimate!

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am
Paulsouthport wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:50 am
Been over the Pennines several times. What goes up must come down and there’s a lot of regen to be had on the down section.
I was planning on low-regen and encouraging a bit of coasting on the way down - did you find it works well on the descent then?

I've only driven in low regen so far, will be doing a month of high regen after this run to see if it makes much difference to me
I have never used Low Regen yet and never will, driving with High Regen is a far better experience, whether that is motorway or country roads, it doesn't matter!.... TBH I really don't worry too much about how much energy I used for this or how much for that, I just plan the trip within certain stress free parameters and if I need to stop once, I will plan that in, if I need to stop twice I will plan two stops in, I don't fret about it and even my wife now has come round to taking stops as and when required, even if it takes us an hour longer to get somewhere, we get there more relaxed, because we have taken our time and had a stop or two more to relax en route, rather than trying to get there like a bat out of hell as I used to do in an ICE car.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

mdc124

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:22 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

I have never used Low Regen yet and never will, driving with High Regen is a far better experience, whether that is motorway or country roads, it doesn't matter!.... TBH I really don't worry too much about how much energy I used for this or how much for that, I just plan the trip within certain stress free parameters and if I need to stop once, I will plan that in, if I need to stop twice I will plan two stops in, I don't fret about it and even my wife now has come round to taking stops as and when required, even if it takes us an hour longer to get somewhere, we get there more relaxed, because we have taken our time and had a stop or two more to relax en route, rather than trying to get there like a bat out of hell as I used to do in an ICE car.
I just read an interesting post on here that low regen might actually be better for range (depending on driving style)

I still think of myself as too young to NOT worry about time lost recharging - I still need to be there (wherever) yesterday!
Other fast silver things

mdc124

Post by mdc124 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:39 pm
Well since you still haven’t told us where you’re departing from, nobody will be able to give you an accurate estimate!
It's all getting a bit too serious...

I'm not actually going to Blackpool either!

I'm departing from my house, and going to my mum's. its 120 miles and I need to cross the Pennines. My inside leg measurement is 32" my Pin number is 6699. can you be more accurate now?

Sorry - not flaming, I'm just sarcastic

XX
Other fast silver things

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:22 pm

I just read an interesting post on here that low regen might actually be better for range (depending on driving style)

I still think of myself as too young to NOT worry about time lost recharging - I still need to be there (wherever) yesterday!
In general terms, exactly the same efficiency can be achieved using either high or low regen. All the selection does is alter the way the pedals respond, mean almost all regen comes from the brake pedal in low mode and most comes from the accelerator pedal in high mode. However, as you said, some people find it difficult to “balance” the car on the accelerator pedal and end up with their speeding oscillating up and down, which is less efficient. So depending on how you manage with that, one mode might suit you better than the other. Also, some people like to switch to low mode on motorways and fast dual carriageways and high mode on slower roads. It’s best to experiment and see what works best for you. I leave it in high mode, because regardless of efficiency, I much prefer the whole “one pedal driving” experience.

scm

Post by scm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm
I have never used Low Regen yet and never will, driving with High Regen is a far better experience ....
Er, how can you know high regen is a "far better driving experience" if you've never tried low regen? :?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:35 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

It's all getting a bit too serious...

I'm not actually going to Blackpool either!

I'm departing from my house, and going to my mum's. its 120 miles and I need to cross the Pennines. My inside leg measurement is 32" my Pin number is 6699. can you be more accurate now?

XX
Nope. Zero help. Work it out yourself.

Not flaming. I’m just sarcastic.

scm

Post by scm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

mdc124 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
... my Pin number is 6699.
And tautological. :lol: