Which charger

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Darrinf

Which charger

Post by Darrinf » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:38 am

Will be needing to sort out three chargers, one for my workplace and two for my homes.

The one at my workplace will be used the most with the home ones much more infrequently

Would love to have a 22kw three phase charger at work but the length of the run of cable would be a bit prohibitive so will need to stick to 7kw for all three.

Even though I have solar at one of my houses I wont need a charger that could make use of them as the car will be down at work during the day.

Soy question is what do you use or recommend as quickly looking there does seem to be a few on the market.

Many thanks

jpbates

Re: Which charger

Post by jpbates » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 am

Unless you are ordering the MY2021 which does not start being built till later in year then 3 phase charging not an option. MY2021 only does 11KW on 3 phase
On order ETA was March built 18th June delivery around 13th July 2020. HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Active Suspension and Air, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats, Light morzine headlining.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 am

Darrinf wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:38 am
Will be needing to sort out three chargers, one for my workplace and two for my homes.

The one at my workplace will be used the most with the home ones much more infrequently

Would love to have a 22kw three phase charger at work but the length of the run of cable would be a bit prohibitive so will need to stick to 7kw for all three.

Even though I have solar at one of my houses I wont need a charger that could make use of them as the car will be down at work during the day.

Soy question is what do you use or recommend as quickly looking there does seem to be a few on the market.

Many thanks
Would it be worth looking at one of the mobile chargers, there are a few on the market now.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:54 am

Hi and welcome to the Ipace Forum Darrinf .

I had a new Ipace last December. Took a bit of research to find. Pod Point and Octopus Energy. Octopus will work with or without a smart meter but needs 100amp supply. With smart meter you can see your daily usage and manage your electric bill easily.
I had a Pod Point charging point unit fitted at my home, see link below. Pod Point sorted the grants out and they do a variety of types of chargers. Some for work and some for home.

https://pod-point.com/solutions/driver/home-charging

All was dealt with via the phone and email. Install was smooth and no issues.

We married up to that an Octopus Go tariff for EV's. 5p a KW between 12.30am - 4.30am.
Again the swap to this tariff went smoothly.

If interested take a look at this offer to have £50 off the Octopus Go tariff.

https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20A_20.16.5-536345| Pod Point Home Charger | So far no problems.

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Already with octopus so would not be a problem to swap over tariffs.

Will have a browse through the info once I get home.

Thank you.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 pm

I also have a podpoint and octopus agile, not on a 100mp supply though, was 60 but they upped it to 80.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S20A_20.16.5-536345. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm

What about something like this just for my workplace as we already have comando sockets in some areras.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EV-Charging- ... SwUYtdeLye

Have various companies quoting for the home ones. So will have to wait and see what comes back.

RobN

Post by RobN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

Hi Darrinf,

Welcome to the forum and I-PACE ownership!

After research I opted for a home installation from PodPoint. No regrets, it's worked solidly now for 6 months. It's billed as "smart" which means it connects via wifi to PodPoint's servers and consequently you get stats and data on charging on a smart-phone app. The stats are fairly basic in honesty, but quite useful in that they show when you charged and how many kWh the car took on-board.

Hope that helps.

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )