Pivi Pro - upgrade?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
d111112

Re: Pivi Pro - upgrade?

Post by d111112 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:29 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm
Information received from Jaguar is that they will support it as in repair faults, but updates will only be made available for one year. I think that meant one year from first sale of the new MY but it wasn’t specified. After that, TPD will not be updated any further.
TBH, I don't believe in your words, this would lead the whole OTA functionality to absurdity. Additionaly, it would bring JLR a really bad reputation if they really stop SW updates in such a short time. Until now they have been unable to fully provide the announced functionality for OTA (just some IMC updates, no BECM, no TCU, ...) and it would be an awful result if they stop delivering updates before they really startet it.
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, air susp; 18“ MY19, delivered 02/2019
H228/H264 | IMC: S20A...| Telematics: 18.2 (J8A2-70712-AY) | BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE | Home Charger: go-e HOME+
... :arrow: Didi

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:11 am

Yeah, I don't think there's an official one year policy as that would make no sense.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: 19C_19.46.4-458817

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am

d111112 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:29 am

TBH, I don't believe in your words, this would lead the whole OTA functionality to absurdity. Additionaly, it would bring JLR a really bad reputation if they really stop SW updates in such a short time. Until now they have been unable to fully provide the announced functionality for OTA (just some IMC updates, no BECM, no TCU, ...) and it would be an awful result if they stop delivering updates before they really startet it.
The information I was given only referred to TPD. At no point did I suggest they would stop updating TCU, BECM or BCCM. The information may turn out to be wrong. Policies can change, and also sometimes one person takes something from a meeting that someone else does not. Just passing along what I have. It is not fact or confirmed but has clearly been discussed at the very least, and that was one person’s take on the current thought process. I hope this proves to be wrong, but that is the info I have.

OneR

Post by OneR » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:47 am

MjrPayne wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:22 am
OneR wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 pm
I’m finding these my21 threads difficult. It’s an electric car, they are meant to get software upgrades, even my old XC90 V8 had software upgrades including an overhaul of the infotainment. An £80k+ electric car that can’t even determine if a public charger is working or faulty let alone in use or accurately predict the range (such as ABRP, independent phone software), that is terrible. I really thought these issues would get resolved by software updates! They suggested these issues would get resolved by software updates. If you buy a laptop, smart phone, smart watch, smart tv... you expect software updates. Even my bloody washing machine gets software updates. Unbelievably!!!
How can you expected the car infotainment telling you that charger doesn't work. Even Plugshare or ABRP can't tell that exactly. There's no any realtime platform which shows different charger operators status of all chargers so no way any car manufacture can integrated it to their infotainment.
Zap maps in the UK provides real time updates, as does Google and Apple for some providers. Actually, I think ABRP has now added this to their premium service. Of course an Electric car should be capable of this, car companies need to learn they are software companies as well as car manufactures. Those that don't learn this will disappear very fast. Tesla are a software company with a car bolted on, they could maybe do with a little more car manufacturing experience, but those that survive will need both.
HSE my20 Santorini Black, panoramic, 20”, HUD, Secure Tracker Pro

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:51 am

OneR wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:47 am

Zap maps in the UK provides real time updates, as does Google and Apple for some providers. Actually, I think ABRP has now added this to their premium service. Of course an Electric car should be capable of this, car companies need to learn they are software companies as well as car manufactures. Those that don't learn this will disappear very fast. Tesla are a software company with a car bolted on, they could maybe do with a little more car manufacturing experience, but those that survive will need both.
ABRP can only provide live data on Tesla Superchargers at the moment, but they are working on other charging providers. Hopefully they’ll have a bigger network soon.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am
d111112 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:29 am

The information I was given only referred to TPD. At no point did I suggest they would stop updating TCU, BECM or BCCM. The information may turn out to be wrong. Policies can change, and also sometimes one person takes something from a meeting that someone else does not. Just passing along what I have. It is not fact or confirmed but has clearly been discussed at the very least, and that was one person’s take on the current thought process. I hope this proves to be wrong, but that is the info I have.
The I-Pace is more than a year old and we've recently received infotainment updates over SOTA so unless I'm missing something there's no way a one year policy is in effect, otherwise they would have stopped updating it last year.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:16 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm

The I-Pace is more than a year old and we've recently received infotainment updates over SOTA so unless I'm missing something there's no way a one year policy is in effect, otherwise they would have stopped updating it last year.
I think you’re getting confused about what I’m saying. I’m not talking about some general policy that says “we will only provide owners with upgrades for one year after buying a car”. This was specifically in relation to how long they will continue to write and release updates for TouchPro Duo in the I-Pace after they have switched over to the new Pivi Pro. Also, bear in mind it’s only information received that I’m passing on.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:16 pm
ardevd wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm

I think you’re getting confused about what I’m saying. I’m not talking about some general policy that says “we will only provide owners with upgrades for one year after buying a car”. This was specifically in relation to how long they will continue to write and release updates for TouchPro Duo in the I-Pace after they have switched over to the new Pivi Pro. Also, bear in mind it’s only information received that I’m passing on.
Thank you for clarifying. That makes more sense and is totally plausible. Touch Pro Duo is effectively EOL at this point.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Thank you for clarifying. That makes more sense and is totally plausible. Touch Pro Duo is effectively EOL at this point.
No worries. It was perfectly clear in my head! And to be fair I only believe about half of what I say myself! :lol:

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Could I ask for a few clarifications with regards acronyms please?

EOL?
TPD?
TCU?
BECM?
BCCM?

It is fine if you know what they mean but you don't then the enjoyment of gaining information from a post is severely affected.

By the way it is SOTA (Software Over The Air) not OTA in Jaguar Land Rover language! If we are talking about the I-Pace can we keep to the correct term?

Covid lockdown rant over!!

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.