Pivi Pro - upgrade?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Foulenough

Re: Pivi Pro - upgrade?

Post by Foulenough » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:07 pm

jpbates wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm
The difference with this is its not an upgraded system of infotainment, it is a new system from different manufacturer. Touch Pro Duo from Panasonic I think Pivi Pro from Sony

It’s still irksome that we can’t expect the OTA upgrades which were meant to be a feature of the car, and were an assuaging factor when spending £65k on a 2020 vehicle with 2016-era infotainment. Changing horses midstream is shabby, in that context.
Last edited by Foulenough on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corris Grey SE MY20, HUD, 20”, panoramic roof, air suspension, configurable lighting

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Maxwell_400 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:21 pm
It is inevitable that the cars, phones etc. will be refined and updated. However it does not make your car any worse than it was prior to the announcement. It is hard and stressful to always crave for latest and greatest. I see myself enjoy the car for at least 5 years until I decide to upgrade.
Totally agree. I wouldn’t change a whole car (with the carbon footprint that goes along with it) just for a better infotainment system. However I would change an infotainment system for a better infotainment system! Actually my primary reasoning for wanting it would be for the continuing software updates going forward.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:23 pm

jpbates wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm
The difference with this is its not an upgraded system of infotainment, it is a new system from different manufacturer. Touch Pro Duo from Panasonic I think Pivi Pro from Sony
Should that be an excuse?

I don’t care what manufacturer Jag use for their infotainment, as far as I’m concerned I bought the car from Jaguar. I didn’t by the infotainment separately, so for me this is an irrelevant fact and one that should not skew my expectation.

Whether or not my expectations are unrealistic maybe a completely different matter altogether.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0109.0155
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

Bart

Post by Bart » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:09 pm

Maxwell_400 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:21 pm
It is inevitable that the cars, phones etc. will be refined and updated. However it does not make your car any worse than it was prior to the announcement. It is hard and stressful to always crave for latest and greatest. I see myself enjoy the car for at least 5 years until I decide to upgrade.
Indeed, enjoy the dopamine while it lasts..
Corris Grey -- Model S --, Black Exterior Pack, 20" 5-split spoke 5070, Air-suspension, HUD, DAB+,
Heated Windscreen, Heated Steering Wheel
--
In control (OTA): S20A_20.16.5-536345 -- H264 -- connectivity 15.2
Ordered 04-2018, Delivered 12-2018

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 pm

My dilemma is my car due to arrive in just over a fortnight. However as delayed could cancel, and then oder MY2021 and start waiting again but have the PivI Pro. ???? Decisions Decisions
On order ETA was March built 18th June delivery around 13th July 2020. HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Active Suspension and Air, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats, Light morzine headlining.

hereu

Post by hereu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 pm

I'm fine with the upgrades. 99% of the time all I do is cast Spotify from my mobile. I don't even find the transitions annoying. The charging will not affect me either.
I do hope they support the old system for at least 3 years after the last unit has left the factory and within that time make the effort to improve the system.
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc 20" HSE

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm

hereu wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 pm
I'm fine with the upgrades. 99% of the time all I do is cast Spotify from my mobile. I don't even find the transitions annoying. The charging will not affect me either.
I do hope they support the old system for at least 3 years after the last unit has left the factory and within that time make the effort to improve the system.
Information received from Jaguar is that they will support it as in repair faults, but updates will only be made available for one year. I think that meant one year from first sale of the new MY but it wasn’t specified. After that, TPD will not be updated any further.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:52 pm

jpbates wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 pm
My dilemma is my car due to arrive in just over a fortnight. However as delayed could cancel, and then oder MY2021 and start waiting again but have the PivI Pro. ???? Decisions Decisions
I would cancel and re-order. You are buying a brand new car and yet, it’s “old-ish” even before you climb into it for the first.

Saying that, it’s just the infotainment system and it might not be an important factor for you or it may turn out that the Pivi system is not that much better than the current system.

I guess if you are going to be the owner of the car for 3-5 years and you are buying brand new, would you want it to be the latest/greatest??
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0109.0155
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

OneR

Post by OneR » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 pm

I’m finding these my21 threads difficult. It’s an electric car, they are meant to get software upgrades, even my old XC90 V8 had software upgrades including an overhaul of the infotainment. An £80k+ electric car that can’t even determine if a public charger is working or faulty let alone in use or accurately predict the range (such as ABRP, independent phone software), that is terrible. I really thought these issues would get resolved by software updates! They suggested these issues would get resolved by software updates. If you buy a laptop, smart phone, smart watch, smart tv... you expect software updates. Even my bloody washing machine gets software updates. Unbelievably!!!
HSE my20 Santorini Black, panoramic, 20”, HUD, Secure Tracker Pro

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:22 am

OneR wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 pm
I’m finding these my21 threads difficult. It’s an electric car, they are meant to get software upgrades, even my old XC90 V8 had software upgrades including an overhaul of the infotainment. An £80k+ electric car that can’t even determine if a public charger is working or faulty let alone in use or accurately predict the range (such as ABRP, independent phone software), that is terrible. I really thought these issues would get resolved by software updates! They suggested these issues would get resolved by software updates. If you buy a laptop, smart phone, smart watch, smart tv... you expect software updates. Even my bloody washing machine gets software updates. Unbelievably!!!
How can you expected the car infotainment telling you that charger doesn't work. Even Plugshare or ABRP can't tell that exactly. There's no any realtime platform which shows different charger operators status of all chargers so no way any car manufacture can integrated it to their infotainment.
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8