JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 am

ardevd wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 am

I also find it ironic that they sold the car touting it's SOTA abilities, something that didn't work at all until late last year, and even now, we've only received a few minor infotainment updates even though they've bragged about the TCU, BCCM, and BECM being SOTA capable now.
I agree. I find it unbelievable that I am still on telematics 14.2 with no updates available OTA when I check. They tell us this module is updatable OTA but two years on from launch they have never provided one. Same with the BECM and BCCM. Not sure what the difference is between a system that can’t be updated and a system which can but never is.
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Terry60
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Location: Wilts UK

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by Terry60 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Cupholders now a £50 option !
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S20A_20.16.5 Tele 16.2 Maps 109.155
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Terry60 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 pm
Cupholders now a £50 option !
I believe the cup holders are still standard. The cover for them is an option. So I was told anyway. Apparently the marketing is poorly worded on that one. £50 you say? If that really is for that little rubber panel then I’m astonished! Makes me think the info I was given must be wrong, but you can never be sure. Options pricing can be mad sometimes (cough Porsche cough).

User avatar
Koala
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Location: Germany - Bavaria

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by Koala » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:19 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:11 pm
Terry60 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 pm
Cupholders now a £50 option !
I believe the cup holders are still standard. The cover for them is an option. So I was told anyway. Apparently the marketing is poorly worded on that one. £50 you say? If that really is for that little rubber panel then I’m astonished! Makes me think the info I was given must be wrong, but you can never be sure. Options pricing can be mad sometimes (cough Porsche cough).
It is just the plastic cover for extra €55,- in the car configurator in Germany... unbelievable!
2019 I-Pace S, Firenze Red, Light Oyster Interieur, Acitve Air suspension, 18" Diamond turned Wheels.
Infotainment-Software: S20A_20.16.5-536345| Telematics: 17.2 | 40.000 KM of happy I-Pace driving since March 14th, 2019

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Koala wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:19 pm

It is just the plastic cover for extra €55,- in the car configurator in Germany... unbelievable!
Wow. I was starting to doubt the info I was given. I don’t imagine they’ll be selling out of those any time soon!

ianipace
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: Cardiff, UK

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by ianipace » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Maybe the thinking is if they can sell enough cupholder covers at £50 they can pay back their government loan!

Sometimes the corporate culture is so blind that never mind the wood from the trees it has problems opening its eyes!

My quest for a CHAdeMO adapter has been rejected, not that they can't afford it but according to the Chief Engineer they are signatories to CharIn whose object is to promote CCS charging.
One of their conditions is the discouragement of adapters. My question was if that is so, why are Tesla, also a signatory to CharIn, producing a selection of adapters?

Are Jaguar I-Pace owners more likely to electrocute themselves than a Tesla owner?
To date I haven't read of one incidence of electrocution of a Tesla owner, or any other EV owner for that matter!

The Solihull bubble is still completely airtight that is for sure!

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

hereu
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by hereu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 pm

I find my cup holder cover very useful. It's where I rest my mobile when driving, it's non-slip and it's easy to pop in the centre storage if I'm using the cup holders.

I probably wouldn't have paid for it as an extra but I'm glad I have it.
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc 20" HSE

User avatar
MjrPayne
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 pm
Location: Finland

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by MjrPayne » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 am

hereu wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 pm
I find my cup holder cover very useful. It's where I rest my mobile when driving, it's non-slip and it's easy to pop in the centre storage if I'm using the cup holders.

I probably wouldn't have paid for it as an extra but I'm glad I have it.
I took mine off in day one and haven't used it since. Didn't even remember it before read this :)
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

OMR
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:28 pm
Location: Norway

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by OMR » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Doesn't look like the new Pivo Pro even has wireless Android Auto. Strange ...
The two thing I miss the most from the old ICE is a non-lagging backup Cam, and the ability to play WAV/WMAlossless embedded DTS5.1 as it does DD5.1.

BrendonSF
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by BrendonSF » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:57 pm

OMR wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 pm
Doesn't look like the new Pivo Pro even has wireless Android Auto. Strange ...
The two thing I miss the most from the old ICE is a non-lagging backup Cam, and the ability to play WAV/WMAlossless embedded DTS5.1 as it does DD5.1.
Pretty confident I saw that it has wireless AA and Carplay in the new I-PACE.
2020 I-PACE SE

Post Reply