JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ianipace

Re: JAGUAR I-PACE MY2021 announced

Post by ianipace » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Well done JLR you haven't listened to your customers again!
11Kw 3 phase charging must be the biggest waste of effort ever!
From 7.3Kw to 11Kw WOW what an improvement!

JLR have been told many times that single phase is perfectly OK for home use BUT it is worthless when out and about and away from home.

I have an email from the Chief Product Engineer - HV Power Electronics Powertrain Engineering-
"The lack of three phase charging from the I-Pace at launch was one simply made by the market outlook at the time of decision making, infrastructure outlook at the time, the length of the development time and the speed to market of the vehicle. All of these combined lead to the I-Pace being launched with Single phase charging."

They obviously didn't check out the Renault Zoe which from 2013 had 3 phase charging!

Not many houses in Europe have 3 phase but nearly every store, large or small has as well as hotels and factories and offices, not forgetting the mundane council charging point which are 22Kw!

The Solihull bubble is completely air tight!
They probably never thought to look at the Tesla that was launched in that year as that had 3 phase charging!

As for the Infotainment in the new 2021 car. Like the new Defender it has a new processor which is a bit faster. To be honest is isn't that much more responsive. What is quicker is the boot up to a viable screen. Navigation still takes its time though!

What is truly amazing is that the publicity photos feature a RHD car in some of the blurb!

Stay Safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

scm

Post by scm » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:40 pm

fishouttawater wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:05 pm
And this is why the Parking Assist feature is gone. You get the 360 camera system from the Defender and lose parking assist. I'm all for having greater visibility but my A3 from 6 years ago could look for a big enough parking spot and steer me into it. It sounds like the system in the ipace wasn't as good, but you'd think they'd improve it, not rip it out.
I expect Jaguar thinks its drivers know how to drive and park. Other manufacturers clearly have lower expectations of their customers' abilities. ;)

fa147

Post by fa147 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Furthermore, this probably means the end of SOTA for the older model and they will likely stop updating our cars infotainment system.

They’ll concentrate on fixing issues with the newer model or enhancing capabilities on it, and that’s because they still have the mindset of traditional car manufacturer where the new model only received the care and love and the older model are now off the forecourts and, so, not their worry.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0109.0155
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm

fa147 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:10 pm
Furthermore, this probably means the end of SOTA for the older model and they will likely stop updating our cars infotainment system.

They’ll concentrate on fixing issues with the newer model or enhancing capabilities on it, and that’s because they still have the mindset of traditional car manufacturer where the new model only received the care and love and the older model are now off the forecourts and, so, not their worry.
It would be rather ironic if they stopped issuing updates after they finally got OTA updates in place.
A thread on another forum is that we can expect 20C in July with a host of improvements according to a service advisor. I won't hold my breath on that one though.
2020 I-PACE SE

OneR

Post by OneR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:04 pm

They have to upgrade the infotainment software, no choice. First, they market the car as upgradable; second, who will buy a second one if the first is not upgradable; and third, who would buy a new one if they know that when the next model comes out, the software won’t be upgradable. Not me for sure, this will be my first and last iPace if they don’t upgrade the software. I don’t want to get my phone out whilst driving and check a third party app to see if the charger I am heading to is already in use. Nor do I want to use another third party app to get an accurate range forecast. I want the car software to do that, that’s what an electric vehicle should do!
HSE my20 Santorini Black, panoramic, 20”, HUD, Secure Tracker Pro

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 am

Anyone seen pictures of the new rear seats with 40/20/40 split?
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 am

fa147 wrote:

I’ve been told by a member who is a reliable source that they will continue to support and update Touch Pro Duo for another year. Not great, but not nothing.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 am

BrendonSF wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm
fa147 wrote:

It would be rather ironic if they stopped issuing updates after they finally got OTA updates in place.
A thread on another forum is that we can expect 20C in July with a host of improvements according to a service advisor. I won't hold my breath on that one though.
I also find it ironic that they sold the car touting it's SOTA abilities, something that didn't work at all until late last year, and even now, we've only received a few minor infotainment updates even though they've bragged about the TCU, BCCM, and BECM being SOTA capable now.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: 19C_19.46.4-458817

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 am
fa147 wrote:

I’ve been told by a member who is a reliable source that they will continue to support and update Touch Pro Duo for another year. Not great, but not nothing.
I'd find that surprising. I figure it will be at least another year before JLR can remove Touch Pro from it's lineup. You can't sell a 2022 model a year from now and have stopped supporting the software at that point.
2020 I-PACE SE

Crazymind

Post by Crazymind » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 am

The infotainment we have got is shared all the way down to the XE and all Land Rover cars. We’ll get updates for a while.