Car not updating status/connected since 2 weeks (InControl)

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Getjaggywithit

Car not updating status/connected since 2 weeks (InControl)

Post by Getjaggywithit » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Since 2 weeks my car is not updating its status: incontrol website says last journey was over 2 weeks ago (while I have used the car almost every day), incontrol remote is not updating (reporting location of two weeks ago, same for SoC % etc), and the new app (just “Jaguar Remote”) says the car is ‘asleep’. I used it today and is now charging. :?

Any thoughts what is causing this?

A6C03A49-01DF-4172-AD11-DE7255791223.jpeg

SPARKO

Re: Car not updating status/connected since 2 weeks (InControl)

Post by SPARKO » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 am

I wish I could help. My car has had the same fault intermittently from new. it has gradually got worse. My car has not updated now for a month. So far it has always started working as soon as the dealer plugs in to diagnostics. They have not identified the problem. Good luck
MY19 HSE. Black with black kit. 20 inch wheels. Dynamic air suspension, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate.

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

OK let's see if this can be cured!

First off, log out of both versions of the Jaguar InControl Remote app if you have both on your phone.
Next go to the car and flip the cover off the left hand switch next to the interior mirror, NOT the RED one!! The one with a spanner on it.
Press this for a minimum of 10 secs preferably in an area of good mobile phone reception, i.e not in an underground car park or similar!
It will flash slow then fast or fast then slow I can't remember which, but don't just press and release it otherwise you will get JLR help service who will think you have broken down!

Doing this will force the car to send data to the JLR server and update it.

Next go back to your app and log in.
Give about 15 mins and all should be right.

Also go to the navigation screen and sign in. It is the same email address as you Remote log in - or should be!

You could delete the apps on your phone and download them again which clears all the cobwebs and forces a log in!
This is about all you can do from home. It is possible the battery in the Telematics module has gone awol.

It has worked for me on a couple of occasions with my Evoque when the app became unresponsive.

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

SPARKO

Post by SPARKO » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:59 pm

interesting thought about the telematics module. I have been thinking the problem with my car may be hardware related. The dealer has said the software is all OK. I have done all the app deleting, cache clearing and spanner button pressing things with no change.
MY19 HSE. Black with black kit. 20 inch wheels. Dynamic air suspension, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:17 pm

I had an issue like this, reported it to jag customer relations and it started working again, this was back on tmu 14.2 though, it also went into the dealer to check the wiring harness for the tmu, in case it was loose and updated to 16.2, thats been 10-11 months and no issue since.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S20A_20.16.5-536345. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Getjaggywithit

Post by Getjaggywithit » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Will try the button press thing tomorrow and hope I am not being tricked into a triggering the secret ejector seat :lol:

Will report back tomorrow, if not... well ;)

SPARKO

Post by SPARKO » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 pm

I've started negotiating with my dealer again. I have told them they need a game plan from jaguar first. The progressive nature of the problem in my case may point to the telematics battery but people with this problem in other jaguar models get an error message regarding the SOS system. I have had no messages.
I'll update the group with any developments

Getjaggywithit

Post by Getjaggywithit » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Getjaggywithit wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:52 pm
Will try the button press thing tomorrow and hope I am not being tricked into a triggering the secret ejector seat :lol:

Will report back tomorrow, if not... well ;)
Alas, the trick did not work. Car still not reporting status :(

Getjaggywithit

Post by Getjaggywithit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm

Quick update: it's connected again now after 1,5 months. No idea what did it. Only thing I can observe is that it reconnected/reported back after it had been in an underground parking lot all day.

daniellm

Post by daniellm » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:42 am

I have had something similar happen three times now over the past six months. The disconnect seems to have happened soon after attempting a remote climate start or precondition, although that might be coincidence.

On the first two occasions the dealer got it reconnected, not sure how. I'll wait a day or so to see if it self corrects this time.
MY20, Indus Silver, HSE, Air Suspension, 20"
Telematics: 18.2, InControl: S20A, Battery energy control: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE