InControl Touch Pro 10GB onboard Gracenote DB

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
dernotte

InControl Touch Pro 10GB onboard Gracenote DB

Post by dernotte » Sun May 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi,
I have a 128Gb USB filled with lossless music. When I browser music on the USB key, I have half of the artwork displayed, the rest is a generic image. I can't figure out the logic here. I guess the ICTP system is not querying the Gracenote DB on the fly using data network, it must probably using a local DB with Gracenote DB. I have read that there is a 10Gb onboarded space for Media system. I can't find any "update" for this DB. I guess it is updated with the SOTA infotainment update. Do you know if there is a way to help artwork recognition ? add or change some MP3 Tag ?
I have a album with 2 disks, the Disk#1 is recognized, not the second one. The share the same MP3 TAG.

RodLaird

Re: InControl Touch Pro 10GB onboard Gracenote DB

Post by RodLaird » Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am

Will follow this topic with interest - I have the same problem. I use JRiver as my media manager and export high bit-rate FLACs - with album images embedded and also as JPGs in album folders. Artwork show 90% generic. WTF. Little transparency about this and seems to be no channel where us hoi poloi can actually engage with Jaguar directly. Frustrating. Same with USB formats and gens (3.0/3.1). And so much more... grrrr
cheers from Oz

Rod

White HSE, HUDPANOROOFAIRSUSPENSIONAIRIONISERFOGLIGHTSAMBIENTTOYLIGHTSMUDGUARDSANDOTHERSHIT

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Tue May 19, 2020 3:34 pm

RodLaird wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am
Will follow this topic with interest - I have the same problem. I use JRiver as my media manager and export high bit-rate FLACs - with album images embedded and also as JPGs in album folders. Artwork show 90% generic. WTF. Little transparency about this and seems to be no channel where us hoi poloi can actually engage with Jaguar directly. Frustrating. Same with USB formats and gens (3.0/3.1). And so much more... grrrr
I can conform that the ICTP system does not use the embedded artwork in the music file. I have made some test where I saw a generic image. I used MP3TAG to force an artwork in the MP4 file, and it still shows as a generic image in the Jag. There is not a lot of literature on this subject , and issue. It does not seems to be specific to the IPace, though. I saw some some thread on other cars of the Jaguar family, sharing the same ICTP system.

Jwn

Post by Jwn » Wed May 20, 2020 8:00 am

This is something I don’t understand. There is a standard implementation of meta-tags so why do it your own, ‘The Jaguar’, way? Not only are the embedded pictures ignored but also the disc-tag which means that multiple disc albums are played in the wrong order. It is ‘nice’ that they include Gracenote support so that you would (theoretically) be able to rip a CD in the car but who would want to do that anyway? Besides, isn’t preparing the USB-stick with the music files better done at home? The people who develop these systems are clearly not the ones who actually are using them!