Off-Roading in an I-Pace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
sciencegeek

Re: Off-Roading in an I-Pace

Post by sciencegeek » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 am

About a year ago we took the then-new I-Pace to the Mojave desert. The post focuses on the whole experience, but for this thread the offroading bit is relevant. I'm fairly experienced going fairly gnarly places with my Touareg (in one of the pictures), which is quite capable, and I have to say I was impressed by the I-Pace's abilities. With an ICE safety vehicle along you can really do some amazing stuff in the I-Pace, provided there's a charger not tooo far away.

https://www.i-paceforum.com/threads/too ... sert.2829/

Delta5

Re: Off-Roading in an I-Pace

Post by Delta5 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 am

Having lived alongside rivers for many years I’ve seen it all and had a lot of fun towing out drivers who think their 4x4 is invincible, driving into water when they have no idea how deep it is. I’ve even had to tow a fire engine out that died in only 2 ft of water, I’m safe enough on a big 4wd tractor but having been swept sideways I’m very wary of fast flowing water.

If you have decent tyres the IPace will get you off a muddy car park at the county show or get you home in slippery winter weather, it’s not tough like a Landcruiser. The main reason I don’t take our Defender into deep water is water gets into the light fittings and corrodes them and the prop shaft joints, which is a pain I don’t need.

Take care it’s very easy to be over confident in difficult conditions.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior promised for May or June or July or ———-