All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Volkswarren

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by Volkswarren » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:18 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm
Volkswarren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Is anyone else being told they must lock or unlock the car from the phone when trying to use the watch app?

It seems to be asking me every few days.
Does that happen after logout, or it's unrelated (i.e happens without logging out)?
It happens without logging out.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

greencard20

Post by greencard20 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

All,
I didn't realise there is a 3rd party app for iPhone users. I do use Android and iPhone so kinda interested to see this mypace however couldn't find anything in app store. I'm currently using wattcat which is awesome compared to Jag remote however like many of you I do have issues in scheduled charging. So quite keen to try this app. Can someone let me know the details please? Thanks
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:37 pm

greencard20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm
All,
I didn't realise there is a 3rd party app for iPhone users. I do use Android and iPhone so kinda interested to see this mypace however couldn't find anything in app store. I'm currently using wattcat which is awesome compared to Jag remote however like many of you I do have issues in scheduled charging. So quite keen to try this app. Can someone let me know the details please? Thanks
Hi greencard20 - check out the first post in this topic :)

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Volkswarren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:18 pm
Thanks! And one final question: does it happen only on the watch, or the same thing happens with the today widget on the phone?

greencard20

Post by greencard20 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:48 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:37 pm
greencard20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm
All,
Hi greencard20 - check out the first post in this topic :)
Thanks, yup I've filled in the goggle form. So I believe test flight needs to be downloaded to get access to mypace app. Is that correct?
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:05 pm

greencard20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:48 pm
Thanks, yup I've filled in the goggle form. So I believe test flight needs to be downloaded to get access to mypace app. Is that correct?
Yes, that's right 👍

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:11 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:38 pm
Volkswarren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:18 pm
Thanks! And one final question: does it happen only on the watch, or the same thing happens with the today widget on the phone?
I've never used the today widget, only the actual app or the watch.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:25 pm

Just signed up :)
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

russyj

Post by russyj » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:52 am

NigelC wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:32 pm
russyj wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:24 pm
Hi,

Really like the app, thanks! Barely open the official Jag one as this gives everything I need immediately!

One possible addition - I’ve got a un-smart tethered charger (pod point) and recently switched to an electricity plan with cheap overnight energy. As is much discussed in these forums, Jags preferred charge period effectively sets a start time not an end time. Would it be possible within your app to use the same functionality that sets a maximum SoC to create a “firm” charging window i.e. I want to charge from 01:00 to 04:00, I don’t care how much charge I end up with?

Thanks in any case for a great app!

Russ
Like you I've got an un-smart tethered charger (BP Chargemaster) and have also recently changed to Octopus Go.

I tried setting up a timed charging schedule using the BP Chargemaster App. Big mistake! I got into a real tangle, the app froze and the charger unit in the garage remained unresponsive. It wasn't until the following day when I was able to delete the charging schedule and reboot the charging unit in the garage.

I'm now staying well clear of the dreadful BP Chargemaster app, and don't have the confidence to set up charging schedules in other apps. For some reason I don't really like the idea of having an app running in the background.

What i do now is set up the timed charging and departure times from inside the I-Pace, and rest easy when I see the blue delayed-charging indicator.

My timed charges generally start at midnight and finish at 04.30am. As the charging doesn't actually stop at 04.30am, I simply open the MyPace app on my phone and stop the charge then.

I usually wait until the car is down to about 50% charge and a 4 1/2 hour charge takes it back up to just over 90% charge. Even if I oversleep and don't wake up until 5am, its no big deal.

I understand why JLR would want the car to be fully charged, but surely a reliable override wouldn't be too much to ask.

As the Go tariff is so cheap, I now warm up the cabin on these chilly mornings!

I've been using the above method for the last month, and so far it's worked every time.

Kind regards,
Nigel
Thanks for this Nigel! I thought I’d done the same, set preferred charging (midnight to 6am) and a departure time of 8am. If I come home at 7pm and plug in, at first I get the flashing blue light, then about a minute later it just starts charging anyway! This is from 60% on a 7kW charger so it’s got plenty of time if it starts according to preferred period. I don’t mind if it doesn’t stop at the end of the preferred period but could really do with it waiting to start, the other day I came home mid-peak period and plugged in, blue light glowed so walked away, couple of hours later realised it had started charging immediately, my heart sank, my ppm was ruined :D

Now I just plug in before bed and accept I’m at the mercy of it!

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Hey Russyj, if I understand correctly you’re using preferred charging option provided by the official app?