Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
alanrr

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by alanrr » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Worth a try as microphone method has not been foolproof for me. Probably interruptions have been my problem as I had not realised that is an issue. Generally timed charging is a real clunker with the I-Pace. Our BMW i3 runs timed sessions no problem so not sure why Jaguar cannot manage it!!

scm

Post by scm » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:34 pm

alanrr wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:59 pm
Our BMW i3 runs timed sessions no problem so not sure why Jaguar cannot manage it!!
Probably similar reasons why Jaguar can design beautful cars while BMW ... :roll:

RobN

Post by RobN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:02 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm
Thank you all for testing and providing me with great feedback!

One of the sticking points for many was the background mic usage, and crashes some people got when running the Limit SoC / Scheduled Charge / Camper mode, etc. Those crashes usually happened after mic interruptions, such as phone calls, when using certain bluetooth audio devices.

There was even one user who wanted to have a MyPace background process while he was driving another car, and because MyPace was using the mic, the other car wouldn't play audio from this phone.

Recently I've been working on another option for these long lasting background tasks, which wouldn't require mic usage, but would use location background mode.

I'd like to get some feedback here if there's anyone who'd really like to keep using the mic workaround, because I'm thinking whether I should replace the whole mic background usage with location stuff, or offer both options.
The benefit of offering just one is simplicity and it's less error prone, i.e less bugs.

Thanks!
Like ADD, I’m relaxed on the background mechanics as long as it works. I’ve used the mic version with zero problems, but appreciate everyone uses their phone differently.

Do I take it the new update this evening is your new approach to monitoring & stopping charging at a preset SOC?

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Johnnyhush,

Thanks again for the recent update - really Mypace is the go to Ipace app for me (with the addition of ADD's Siri Shortcuts!).

Like ADD and RobN - I am agnostic as to the how; so long as it works. The location idea may be a better case for a wider set us user conditions. However I am happy with the current method and I have not come across any issues with it SOC limit not working, but I can see how useful it would be to set SOC limit based on a "set location" OR a condition of "location not changing".

As always thanks for the continued evolution of what I believe is the best IOS app for the Ipace!

Mike

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:41 am

Thank you!

Davereddevil

Post by Davereddevil » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi Guys. Maybe silly question with simple answer. Im picking MY21 up Friday. I have incontrol working and can see my car on Jaguar Remote but when I try MyPace it comes up with Error while processing data from JLR API. Any ideas?
MY21 HSE Yulong White, ebony headlining, black pack, black wheels, privacy glass, air suspension, clearsight mirror, wireless charging, secure tracker pro, panoramic roof. Pod-Point charger.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:59 pm

can you send me your contact details in a PM and we’ll try to sort it out?

bimjim

Post by bimjim » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Isn't the physical car needed in order to complete registration within InControl? Otherwise anyone with the VIN could access the car's details...
MY20 I-Pace HSE
MY19 I-Pace S - Gone

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:08 pm

I think what you’re saying makes sense, but if he can see it using official Remote app l, then MyPace should be able to show it as well :)

RobN

Post by RobN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Nikola,

I’ve been using latest version of MyPace a lot recently, particularly the charge to SOC 80% feature. I have to thank you, it’s been absolutely flawless in operation. I also very much like the stats tab with average power consumption per 100 miles for day, week, month & year.

Many thanks for a really useful & reliable iOS App!

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )