Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Jlr no3

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by Jlr no3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Just downloaded looks good, couple of questions sorry if they’ve been asked before.

How do you change to Imperial figures and how do you change the SOC from 80% to 100%
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Jlr no3 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 pm
Just downloaded looks good, couple of questions sorry if they’ve been asked before.

How do you change to Imperial figures and how do you change the SOC from 80% to 100%
Just managed to change the SOC from 80% - 100% so it’s just changing the units now
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Jlr no3 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 pm
Jlr no3 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Just managed to change the SOC from 80% - 100% so it’s just changing the units now
It in the Apple settings app. Open settings, scroll down to MyPace and tap it. Units are at the bottom.

Jlr no3

Post by Jlr no3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks

iomagico

Post by iomagico » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am

I’ve signed up today.
Hope to help testing it.
🇮🇹 Italy
I-Pace SE Black Santorini - Grace, 2020MY - Air Suspensions - Panoramic Roof - Parking assist
BMW i3S Black

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Thank you all for testing and providing me with great feedback!

One of the sticking points for many was the background mic usage, and crashes some people got when running the Limit SoC / Scheduled Charge / Camper mode, etc. Those crashes usually happened after mic interruptions, such as phone calls, when using certain bluetooth audio devices.

There was even one user who wanted to have a MyPace background process while he was driving another car, and because MyPace was using the mic, the other car wouldn't play audio from this phone.

Recently I've been working on another option for these long lasting background tasks, which wouldn't require mic usage, but would use location background mode.

I'd like to get some feedback here if there's anyone who'd really like to keep using the mic workaround, because I'm thinking whether I should replace the whole mic background usage with location stuff, or offer both options.
The benefit of offering just one is simplicity and it's less error prone, i.e less bugs.

Thanks!

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm
Thank you all for testing and providing me with great feedback!

One of the sticking points for many was the background mic usage, and crashes some people got when running the Limit SoC / Scheduled Charge / Camper mode, etc. Those crashes usually happened after mic interruptions, such as phone calls, when using certain bluetooth audio devices.

There was even one user who wanted to have a MyPace background process while he was driving another car, and because MyPace was using the mic, the other car wouldn't play audio from this phone.

Recently I've been working on another option for these long lasting background tasks, which wouldn't require mic usage, but would use location background mode.

I'd like to get some feedback here if there's anyone who'd really like to keep using the mic workaround, because I'm thinking whether I should replace the whole mic background usage with location stuff, or offer both options.
The benefit of offering just one is simplicity and it's less error prone, i.e less bugs.

Thanks!
Can’t speak for everyone, but from my perspective I don’t particularly care how it works as long as it works! The microphone workaround has always worked well, but if you have another method that works better for you for whatever reason, that’s absolutely fine. I don’t have any those edge cases you talk about so for me, lack of audio or interruptions due to phone calls has never been an issue. But I’m all for simplicity so personally I’d say pick a method that you feel works best and use that one only.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:12 pm

That’s really great, thanks ADD 👍

Zapcat

Post by Zapcat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm

First, thank you for this excellent app. Watch app is superb also. I would prefer Location vs. Mic to keep active. I use microphone for dictation instead of typing. Also, for me, location is less of a “security exposure” (no offense intended) than the microphone. I would rather that people know where I am than what I am saying, ha, ha.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 pm

And to make things even better - for iOS 14 the app won’t require “Precise” location for background modes.

Here’s a link for more info in case someone hasn’t used the feature yet: https://9to5mac.com/2020/08/12/ios-14-precise-location/