Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
johnnyhush

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by johnnyhush » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Thanks! No plans for that at the moment. In order for the app to be able to do all that work in the background (for camper mode, limit soc, scheduled charging, monitoring, etc), at the moment we're using recording session which ensures the operating system doesn't kill the background process which is periodically talking to the JLR API. This approach has worked well for me so far, but it's not for the AppStore.

I'd like to rebuild these features on the server, so the app doesn't need to do all that work in the background. All current users will be notified if / when that happens. My goal would be to wrap that all up before the end of summer. Now if that all goes well, that's something that would be good for the AppStore release.
That would also enable me to add some additional stuff both to the phone and the watch app which aren't possible with the current setup (e.g up-to-date status on the watch, different types of alerts for both (think guardian mode, just better, and more informative).

Ofc, as I've previously said, this version (which is working directly with JLR API) will always remain available to anyone who'd like to use and test it.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Do note that JLR will not accept an InControl API proxy. Meaning you cannot proxy requests for multiple user accounts from a web based server. That said, certain companies such as Electricity providers or home charger OEMs are seemingly allowed to integrate such functionality so your milage may vary.

I had discussions with the connected car team last year and that was one of their primary concerns.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:06 pm

That makes total sense. At the end of the day, JLR is in complete control, and could potentially decide to stop what we have today in 3rd party apps. It's hard to foresee the outcome, but your comment is definitely something to think about.

El-Rosso

Post by El-Rosso » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:37 pm
Did you receive an invite? If not feel free to PM me your email address and I’ll manually resend it.
I'm not able to PM on this forum yet :-)

Chrisb

Post by Chrisb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi,
I registered for the app yesterday.
When I log in it takes me to a second screen very briefly, then immediately logs me back out.
I tried to log in using a random username to see if it was an error with my password etc, but never get to the second screen.
Any ideas?
Thanks
CB

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:28 pm

Chrisb wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 pm
Hi,
When I log in it takes me to a second screen very briefly, then immediately logs me back out.
I tried to log in using a random username to see if it was an error with my password etc, but never get to the second screen.
Any ideas?
Thanks
CB
Are you able to use the official app? Do you have a vehicle associated with your account?

El-Rosso

Post by El-Rosso » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm

El-Rosso wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm
johnnyhush wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:37 pm
Did you receive an invite? If not feel free to PM me your email address and I’ll manually resend it.
I'm not able to PM on this forum yet :-)
I found the mail - in spam :-) All ok - Thx !!

Chrisb

Post by Chrisb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:56 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:28 pm
Chrisb wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 pm
Hi,
Any ideas?
Thanks
CB
Are you able to use the official app? Do you have a vehicle associated with your account?
I got my vehicle back in November 2019 (New), and yes - official App works fine.
Thanks
CB

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:59 pm

In that case, MyPace should also work for you. Can you reach out directly, either via PM here or via TestFlight support and I’ll look into more details?

Chrisb

Post by Chrisb » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:04 am

I've submitted the info via the TestFlight App. I'll PM you as well.....