Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
johnnyhush

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by johnnyhush » Sat May 30, 2020 1:45 am

Thanks guys, year summary will be added and pushed with the next build.

Tip: I often want to monitor charging process without setting max SoC. The current build of the MyPace app will send push notifications when charging status changes, as long as Limit SoC is active. So I simply set max SoC to 99% and start the process. Every time the status goes from "Initializing" to "Charging", or vice versa (or any other status for that matter), MyPace will notify you.

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Sat May 30, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks Johnnyhush.

That’s great news!!

I like the idea of monitoring any state of charge change - I can see that being very useful for public chargers points where you walk away for a break - but on occasion return to find something has stopped the charging process while you were away from the car and have lost that time.

One final ask - would KWh be possible to display for the current SOC of the high voltage battery?

Thanks for all your great work!!

Rpm

Post by Rpm » Sat May 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Where is the app available from?

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Please sign up using this form: https://forms.gle/9jDiQeEk13CiV9sf8

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm

Nikola
Which 12v battery does the app refer to?
Is it the Start Up battery? That's the large flooded one on the left looking at the front of the car or is it the Auxiliary battery which is the small one to the right?
Does the api give the option of either or both by any chance?
Does the api have any way of giving a reading for the Telematic battery? This is a small 12v battery, a rechargeable I believe a lithium.

Thanks for all the hard work, really appreciated.

Keep safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat May 30, 2020 6:33 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:45 am
Thanks guys, year summary will be added and pushed with the next build.

Tip: I often want to monitor charging process without setting max SoC. The current build of the MyPace app will send push notifications when charging status changes, as long as Limit SoC is active. So I simply set max SoC to 99% and start the process. Every time the status goes from "Initializing" to "Charging", or vice versa (or any other status for that matter), MyPace will notify you.
That’s a really useful tip, especially for public charging. Let’s you know when a charger has tripped (happened to me many times) but also warms you of an Ecotricity (or other with a time limit) has stopped for no reason other than hitting an arbitrary time limit.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun May 31, 2020 1:29 am

Grifmike wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:32 am
One final ask - would KWh be possible to display for the current SOC of the high voltage battery?
That's something I'd find very useful, but so AFAIK the JLR API doesn't expose that information.

You can make some approximations to get to that number, but it most likely wouldn't work for everyone. I've seen a lot of WattCat posts on this topic, and IMO it's just better not to have this figure, then to approximate, and even then you cannot be sure if it's a match to the actual value.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun May 31, 2020 1:33 am

ianipace wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm
Is it the Start Up battery? That's the large flooded one on the left looking at the front of the car or is it the Auxiliary battery which is the small one to the right?
Does the api have any way of giving a reading for the Telematic battery? This is a small 12v battery, a rechargeable I believe a lithium.
Hey Ian,
It's the one on the left looking at the front of the car (you can see it after removing the plastic cover under the hood). This is the only voltage the API currently provides.

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Sun May 31, 2020 6:17 am

[/quote]
IMO it's just better not to have this figure, then to approximate, and even then you cannot be sure if it's a match to the actual value.
[/quote]

Yes - definitely agree; it’s use would really be based on its accuracy. Thanks for the update 👍🏻

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Sun May 31, 2020 9:22 am

johnnyhush wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:33 am
ianipace wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm
Hey Ian,
It's the one on the left looking at the front of the car (you can see it after removing the plastic cover under the hood). This is the only voltage the API currently provides.
Morning Nikola

Thanks for that info.
I've trawled through the Topix Workshop manual and cannot see why there are two 12v batteries! Startup and Auxiliary. There is no obvious list of functions for each, and apart from disconnecting one and seeing what stops working, I see no way of finding out!
The Startup battery is a plain ordinary flooded type, not even an AGM, almost 'cheap and cheerful'!
As the Auxiliary is buried a bit deeper, it is harder to see the model type.

Out of interest is there a published list of API functions an responses?
I was looking through the Topix stuff but couldn't find anything.

Keep safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.