Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
DHCrocks

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by DHCrocks » Sat May 16, 2020 6:11 am

been having an issue with my app. Once in a while (seems like every couple of days) it logs out and I have to log in again with the user name and password. I then have to use the app lock/unlock the doors to get the widget to work again.

Can you also please make the widget buttons have more contrast when its selected such as the remote climate (showing its on or off) and the button indicating if the doors are locked or unlocked.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun May 17, 2020 6:01 pm

DHCrocks wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:11 am
been having an issue with my app. Once in a while (seems like every couple of days) it logs out and I have to log in again with the user name and password. I then have to use the app lock/unlock the doors to get the widget to work again.
Thanks DHCrocks, these issues should be all fixed in the latest build (currently build 31).
DHCrocks wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:11 am
Can you also please make the widget buttons have more contrast when its selected such as the remote climate (showing its on or off) and the button indicating if the doors are locked or unlocked.
The widget will be 'actions-only' (i.e start climate, lock, unlock), and in order to see the lock status, preconditioning status, and time remaining, you'll have to open the app.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Hey Johhnyhush, enjoying the app, thanks for all the work. It seems my idea of camper mode via multiple departure schedules didn’t gain traction, ohh well, it was just an idea.

However, are you looking to display current departure scheduled of the car within the app so that it can be changed?

Apologies if you have and I have completely missed it.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0106.0154
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 am

Hey fa147 - regarding the idea for camper mode - the goal of saving as much power as possible while getting more / less similar results does make sense to me. But before investing a significant amount of time in actual implementation, it'd be great to do a couple of tests: one where you'd do a few departure times 1.5hrs apart, and the other one using constant climate via existing camper mode. Both tests should be conducted under similar circumstances (i.e the same outside temp, the same total time), and then compare battery usage.

I'm not against adding stuff like displaying current departure schedule (even though that's something we have in the official app), but first I'd like to tackle most of the items from this list: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3392&start=180#p48177

fa147

Post by fa147 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 am

johnnyhush wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 am
Hey fa147 - regarding the idea for camper mode - the goal of saving as much power as possible while getting more / less similar results does make sense to me. But before investing a significant amount of time in actual implementation, it'd be great to do a couple of tests: one where you'd do a few departure times 1.5hrs apart, and the other one using constant climate via existing camper mode. Both tests should be conducted under similar circumstances (i.e the same outside temp, the same total time), and then compare battery usage.

I'm not against adding stuff like displaying current departure schedule (even though that's something we have in the official app), but first I'd like to tackle most of the items from this list: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3392&start=180#p48177
Your road map sounds sensible and I know you can switch between apps for departure, it’s just that having all the tools in one place will (in my opinion) make it viable for people to transition to a subscription model once you get to that point.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue May 19, 2020 11:24 am

Just tested the latest build and the max SOC function worked perfectly using the “keep alive” toggle.

One minor observation (and I suspect this is an iOS limitation) is that audio is messed up whilst the limit SOC function is running. I watched a couple of videos and with the volume on full I could barely hear them. As soon as I disabled the limit SOC function the volume went back to normal. No biggie, as it’s usually something I set before going to sleep and don’t use the phone again while it’s running. But just noticed it this morning when I watched something before going in and switching off the function. Probably only noticing it now because the keep alive toggle means it’s still running in the morning.

But the car was sitting on bang on 80% even though the charger was running for several hours after getting there. Normally my car would restart the charge within that time period, so thank you for this!
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Tue May 19, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobN

Post by RobN » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Also have been testing latest build (31) and can confirm all working well, except camper mode which I've got to look at tomorrow.

Thanks for the app it really is a great tool.

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:24 am
One minor observation (and I suspect this is an iOS limitation) is that audio is messed up whilst the limit SOC function is running. I watched a couple of videos and with the volume on full I could barely hear them. As soon as I disabled the limit SOC function the volume went back to normal.
Ah good point, didn't notice this one before 'keep running' option was added. Just sent you build 32 which should fix this, but there're still some things that are WIP and will release to all once that's completed.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed May 20, 2020 1:53 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Ah good point, didn't notice this one before 'keep running' option was added. Just sent you build 32 which should fix this, but there're still some things that are WIP and will release to all once that's completed.
Just downloaded build 32. Quick work!

The car isn’t plugged in at the moment so I can’t test, but I did a quick test using Camper Mode s as I assume that must have caused the same problem? Audio was normal with Camper Mode running. I won’t be in a position to check max SOC until tomorrow night.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Does the Jaguar API allow you to control the windows and in particular lowering them?

If so would you think it a worthwhile addition to the app?