Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Volkswarren

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by Volkswarren » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Johnny are you updating the app soon as testflight is only showing 10 days until it expires?
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S21A. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

10cc

Post by 10cc » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:13 am

Hi everyone and especially Jonny.... Firstly sorry for the long post!. I have had your fantastic app installed for some time now but only recently tried using the timed charging on the app. I had Smart meters installed on the 18.12.2020 and went over to the Octopus Go tariff on 29.12.2020. (If you don't know that's 5p/KWH from 00.30 - 04.30 every morning). Goes without saying that I want the timed charging working to take advantage of the very cheap electricity!

With the UK being in lockdown the car is hardly ever used at the moment. I set the scheduled charging in the app to only charge between 00.30 and 04.30 and left it at the default setting of charge to 80%. I have managed to try and use the timed charging 4 times now:

1st attempt: I turned the phone off overnight (habit I am afraid) so of course the car did not charge - numpty!
2nd Attempt: I left the phone on overnight but did not press the start button right at the bottom of the scheduled charging page! Yes I know another numpty error!!
3rd Attemp: I left the phone on overnight and pressed the start button - well would you believe it, it worked fine and charged the car to 80% as set in the app!!!! Hurray I thought, cracked it!
4th attempt: I installed S20C1_20.48.3-635557 on the day that I wanted to charge overnight again using the app. I got all the right messages on the phone - said charging was paused, saying car would start to charge at 00.30 etc...etc.... The SOC was 52% before it started to charge. It was 100% the next morning. Is there an issue with S20C1 and the app? Has anyone else had this issue?

Just to add a potential red herring into the mix: The same morning that the car had charged to 100%, when I went downstairs I noticed that my in house display for the Smart meters had stopped working. No worries I thought, I will log into my Octopus account and check my half hourly readings and graphs and see exactly when and for how long the car was charging as it must have charged for more than 4 hours to get from 52% to 100%. (I had recently got in touch with Octopus and asked them if I could view my half hourly readings and they put some extra buttons on my account page for me - useful to know)!

Longer story short it turns out that my meters have stopped communicating with Octopus which is why my in house display is not working, but of course this also means that I can't view my half hourly readings from the crucial night because Octopus are not receiving them from my meters.

Any thoughts please?
June 2019 MY20 HSE
Caesium blue
Black pack
Privacy glass
20" gloss black wheels
Infotainment: S21A_21.10.6-676616
Software: 19.2
BEC: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
Maps: 08.030.0116.0157
Home Charger: "Dumb" Rolec. Timed charging via MyPace app

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Perhaps I overthink the issue but to avoid your scenario I set the times in the app and the same times in the I Pace with a precondition time set a few days hence.

I have found the app turns the charge on and the car turns it off or visa versa. There is a video by Abu Dhabi Dude that explains a similar scenario.

Thanks for the app, charging always went to 100% before I got it.
First Edition, 01/2019

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:44 am

Would it be possible to add the ability to view the charging rate in kW? So I can see what current the charger is supplying? It appears the Android third party app can show this :)

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:43 pm

The JLR API (used by the Android and IOS app) does not provide the charging grate in kw. They provide the SOC%/h or KM/h, everything else is pure assumption on a formula to translate soc%/h or km/h to kw.

capcut

Post by capcut » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:29 am

Excellent, look forward to trying this, thanks capcut
CapCut (Viamaker) is a feature-packed video editor for Android devices that makes it easy to post-produce your audiovisual creations.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 pm

@10cc have you been using the scheduled charging recently, hopefully all working good with the latest build?

Oszy

Improved widget idea?

Post by Oszy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Love this app so far! And especially the widget feature.
However, it could use some improvements.
My honest opinion is that the three buttons on the widget are way oversized. They are taking up space that could be used to display more information, or give a more beautiful looking UI.
The way it looks right now reminds me of those "old people mobile phones" they make(Doro if i remember correctly).
Being an EV i am sure that the buyer group for the i-pace is going to be the youngest amongst jaguar buyers. UI that looks tailored towards pensioners with oversized buttons shouldnt be needed :lol:
I cant leave the widget on my home screen like in the pictures attached due to the buttons being so big that its easy to misclick and unlock the car on accident while moving around on your screen. If it were anything similar to the attached picture the buttons would be small enough to have on the home screen always available without the risk of accidentally clicking one of them.
Or even with the three different versions/sizes of the widget you can have the small one always giving info on charging status, locks without having the buttons. The longer size one with the same info and then some including buttons for locks and climate. And then the bigger one with all the info you can cram into it while still looking sleek.
Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the app and the work you have put into it and recognise that you are not getting paid to make this app. Im just trying to give some constructive ideas and honest feedback :)

Thoughts on the possibility of making the widget something more similar to what this looks like for tesla?
That would be really awesome.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Hey Oszy, thanks for the comments and the feedback!
Mostly all valid points, and TBH I am planning on bringing the new widgets into the app, just haven't been able to work on it over the last couple of months.

I don't necessarily like the designs from the 3rd party tesla app screenshots (e.g the car picture is def too much for a widget), but I do agree that we should do something similar in terms of sizes and the information shown.

PAGE7

Post by PAGE7 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:42 pm

I forgot my password.
How can I re log in?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough
-Mario Andretti-