johnnyhush

Re: Third party app for I-Pace on iOS

Post by johnnyhush » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 am

Glad to hear, thank you Rob!

russyj

Post by russyj » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi,

Really like the app, thanks! Barely open the official Jag one as this gives everything I need immediately!

One possible addition - I’ve got a un-smart tethered charger (pod point) and recently switched to an electricity plan with cheap overnight energy. As is much discussed in these forums, Jags preferred charge period effectively sets a start time not an end time. Would it be possible within your app to use the same functionality that sets a maximum SoC to create a “firm” charging window i.e. I want to charge from 01:00 to 04:00, I don’t care how much charge I end up with?

Thanks in any case for a great app!

Russ

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:31 pm

It already does this.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

ELray

Post by ELray » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:44 am

I am having occasional trouble to turn on climate with the watch.
I would love to be warned in some way if the car doesn’t start climate control.

How bout when pressing the climate button, after like 10-15 seconds, the watch check with the car if climate is on, and if not try again. Then after 10-15 seconds check with the car again. If it still is off, alert the user in some manner?
🇳🇴 Norway
💥I-Pace S Edition
💥Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️H264: 06.01.20
⚙️H280: 02.07.20
⚙️Telematics-OTA: 19.2 (22.10.20)
⚙️InControl-OTA: S20C_20.43.1-618886 (07.11.20)
⚙️BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
⚙️Maps: 08.030.0107.0158 (08.05.20)

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 am

ELray wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:44 am
I am having occasional trouble to turn on climate with the watch.
I would love to be warned in some way if the car doesn’t start climate control.

How bout when pressing the climate button, after like 10-15 seconds, the watch check with the car if climate is on, and if not try again. Then after 10-15 seconds check with the car again. If it still is off, alert the user in some manner?
This would be a great addition. I’ve also experienced a couple of failures to start the climate from the watch. I usually now just press it 4 or 5 times in a row but something like the above suggestion would be much better.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, will work on solving that pain point.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Is anyone else being told they must lock or unlock the car from the phone when trying to use the watch app?

It seems to be asking me every few days.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Cineman

Post by Cineman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:46 pm

hi Russ,
i think it already does what you want under “manage charging”. you fill in start and end time plus the % you want it to charge to and hit start. it then successfully starts and stops - at least it does with my car. I think you have to keep the app running in the background on your phone for it to work, but certainly been a lot more reliable than the Jag app! if you wake up in the middle of the night with charging anxiety, you can always use the Jag app to see if it is charging - doesn’t seem to care if both are open at the same time.
Oliver.
MY19 HSE, purchased s/h Nov 2020, Red, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20” wheels changed to 18”. TCU 18.2.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Volkswarren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Is anyone else being told they must lock or unlock the car from the phone when trying to use the watch app?

It seems to be asking me every few days.
Does that happen after logout, or it's unrelated (i.e happens without logging out)?

NigelC

Post by NigelC » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:32 pm

russyj wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:24 pm
Hi,

Really like the app, thanks! Barely open the official Jag one as this gives everything I need immediately!

One possible addition - I’ve got a un-smart tethered charger (pod point) and recently switched to an electricity plan with cheap overnight energy. As is much discussed in these forums, Jags preferred charge period effectively sets a start time not an end time. Would it be possible within your app to use the same functionality that sets a maximum SoC to create a “firm” charging window i.e. I want to charge from 01:00 to 04:00, I don’t care how much charge I end up with?

Thanks in any case for a great app!

Russ
Like you I've got an un-smart tethered charger (BP Chargemaster) and have also recently changed to Octopus Go.

I tried setting up a timed charging schedule using the BP Chargemaster App. Big mistake! I got into a real tangle, the app froze and the charger unit in the garage remained unresponsive. It wasn't until the following day when I was able to delete the charging schedule and reboot the charging unit in the garage.

I'm now staying well clear of the dreadful BP Chargemaster app, and don't have the confidence to set up charging schedules in other apps. For some reason I don't really like the idea of having an app running in the background.

What i do now is set up the timed charging and departure times from inside the I-Pace, and rest easy when I see the blue delayed-charging indicator.

My timed charges generally start at midnight and finish at 04.30am. As the charging doesn't actually stop at 04.30am, I simply open the MyPace app on my phone and stop the charge then.

I usually wait until the car is down to about 50% charge and a 4 1/2 hour charge takes it back up to just over 90% charge. Even if I oversleep and don't wake up until 5am, its no big deal.

I understand why JLR would want the car to be fully charged, but surely a reliable override wouldn't be too much to ask.

As the Go tariff is so cheap, I now warm up the cabin on these chilly mornings!

I've been using the above method for the last month, and so far it's worked every time.

Kind regards,
Nigel
MY 20 SE Corris Grey
Delivered 09/19
H264, H270, 20C