Spotify as an online media option

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by ardevd » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Isn't that just a regular Bluetooth connection? Has nothing to do with Spotify specifically.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

Minstadave
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:02 pm
Location: UK

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by Minstadave » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Is this still possible? I cant find an option to add Spotify anywhere.

Edit - found it! Seems a very clunky setup but hope it works.

Jlr no3
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:08 pm
Location: Kendal

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by Jlr no3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am

kermit68 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm
Bfgboy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Yes only available if premium member and like others have said it happen the next time I started the car. I also had a live account update in car which not sure if that helped but I had one.
I wonder if a family account is considered as premium. It's a paid subscription and it's actually under my name but it didn't show up after I started the car. Let's see tomorrow morning.
By the way driving in a city that has been shutted down for the virus is amazing, it's like in the middle of the summer when everybody is out on vacation. Let's look at the good side (if any) :D
I share a family account not in my name and it works, great for short trips saves plugging the phone in to use CarPlay
MY20 SE Barasco Grey Pano Roof 22inch Diamond Turned Alloys Air Suspension Heated Seats Black Pack Illuminated Door Sills Privacy Glass

kermit68
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Rome / Italy

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by kermit68 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:16 am

Jlr no3 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am
kermit68 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm
Bfgboy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Yes only available if premium member and like others have said it happen the next time I started the car. I also had a live account update in car which not sure if that helped but I had one.
I wonder if a family account is considered as premium. It's a paid subscription and it's actually under my name but it didn't show up after I started the car. Let's see tomorrow morning.
By the way driving in a city that has been shutted down for the virus is amazing, it's like in the middle of the summer when everybody is out on vacation. Let's look at the good side (if any) :D
I share a family account not in my name and it works, great for short trips saves plugging the phone in to use CarPlay
Thanks, I eventually managed to make Spotify working. It was a problem related to Live account in the car not updated.
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

ChrisMc
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by ChrisMc » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:24 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:16 am
Jlr no3 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am
kermit68 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm

I wonder if a family account is considered as premium. It's a paid subscription and it's actually under my name but it didn't show up after I started the car. Let's see tomorrow morning.
By the way driving in a city that has been shutted down for the virus is amazing, it's like in the middle of the summer when everybody is out on vacation. Let's look at the good side (if any) :D
I share a family account not in my name and it works, great for short trips saves plugging the phone in to use CarPlay
Thanks, I eventually managed to make Spotify working. It was a problem related to Live account in the car not updated.
I can only get it working by plugging my phone in and using through Android Auto, yet it shows up in my In Control account as Connected. Is it because its the free Spotify account, not a paid for/subscribed one?
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Minstadave
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:02 pm
Location: UK

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by Minstadave » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Yes I think its a premium feature only.

Mine also required an update of the Live system then it appeared.

ChrisMc
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by ChrisMc » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Minstadave wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm
Yes I think its a premium feature only.

Mine also required an update of the Live system then it appeared.
Thanks, thought that would be the case, my Live is up to date.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

User avatar
ANBO
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Spotify as an online media option

Post by ANBO » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:12 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:49 pm
Minstadave wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm
Yes I think its a premium feature only.

Mine also required an update of the Live system then it appeared.
Thanks, thought that would be the case, my Live is up to date.
What is the up to date version of Live? Mine says it updated 14/09/20 but I did not get Spotify to show in the car.
🇨🇭 EV400 HSE (MY2020; MAR 2020); 20" wheels
⚙️ H264 ⚙️ TMs: 18.2 ⚙️ ICM: S20B1
⚙️ BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE ⚙️ Maps: 06.2020

Post Reply