Jaguar Public Charging Ionity Pricing

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Jaguar Public Charging Ionity Pricing

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm

spooky wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm
I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried the Jaguar Public Charging app in EU countries recently to confirm that they did get the 8.80 EUR fixed charge. If there are others as well then great.

I don't want to get into Europe and find it's going to cost more than that...
You can get it even cheaper with a ChargePoint card.

spooky

Post by spooky » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm
You can get it even cheaper with a ChargePoint card.
Could you be specific? Perhaps provide an example that you have recently had?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

spooky wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Could you be specific? Perhaps provide an example that you have recently had?
ChargePoint in the U.K. on Ionity: £7.60 per session
ChargePoint in the E.U. on Ionity: €7.60 per session

spooky

Post by spooky » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
Thanks. I had a look at the app and Ionity in Germany is being quoted as 7.54 EUR per session... That's great but it would be really helpful to hear from people who have recently used the Chargepoint app at an Ionity charger in the EU to confirm that this is the rate that will be paid.

Are you passing on information that you have found or have you used this recently in the EU and confirmed that this is the rate actually paid.

With Ionity having increased their charges so much I am surprised that these providers are not advertising these rates more heavily.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm

spooky wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
Thanks. I had a look at the app and Ionity in Germany is being quoted as 7.54 EUR per session... That's great but it would be really helpful to hear from people who have recently used the Chargepoint app at an Ionity charger in the EU to confirm that this is the rate that will be paid.

Are you passing on information that you have found or have you used this recently in the EU and confirmed that this is the rate actually paid.

With Ionity having increased their charges so much I am surprised that these providers are not advertising these rates more heavily.
I haven’t used it in the EU but have in the U.K. I’ve also had it confirmed recently with ChargePoint personally. It’s correct, and ChargePoint will always bill you what it says in their app. Up until about 2 or 3 months ago you could use Ionity for free in the U.K. with them!
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm
Thanks - just downloaded the App and set up an account - always good to have another RFID card and another App. I think I have now 9 apps and 6 RFID cards :D

FYI - Just checked the App and noticed that none of the Fastned charging stations are shown - so it seems you can't charge at Fastned with Chargepoint.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 51.400km | 2020 Efficiency 204watt/km.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks - just downloaded the App and set up an account - always good to have another RFID card and another App. I think I have now 9 apps and 6 RFID cards :D

FYI - Just checked the App and noticed that none of the Fastned charging stations are shown - so it seems you can't charge at Fastned with Chargepoint.
Yes that’s right. Unfortunately ChargePoint doesn’t have a huge cross-network system, and FastNed isn’t in there. But well worth having just for Ionity in all honesty. They also produce a “virtual” RFID card that you can add to Google Pay or your Apple wallet, meaning you can just tap your phone or Apple Watch (presumably Android watches too) instead of needing the physical card. One useful additional thing worth knowing is that the ChargePoint app will show you a graph of your charging session, so you can see what speeds you were getting.

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:20 pm

I am a bit confused here, as there are reports of ChargePoint cards not working at Ionity stations.
For instance the Ionity station on the M20 at Maidstone services.
I checked and the app shows this Ionity station as accepting the ChargePoint card so why did it not work?
Interestingly the App, well my app, says it's free and no mention of a fee, fixed or otherwise.

I'm off to France at the end of the month (With luck and a following wind with no Covid-19 following me!) and I intend to use the Ionity station on the A11 Aire De Chartres Bois, just outside Chartres.

I checked and the ChargePoint card is usable, but again no mention of price, fixed or otherwise.

I've got the Plugsurfing RFID dongle, well two of them, as Plugsurfing on its own is 79p per Kw for Ionity, but if you get a dongle and twin it to the Jaguar Public Charging Ionity is £8 per charge! The RFID dongles are CLEARLY marked JAGUAR and NOT JAG!

Alex have you used your ChargePoint card at an Ionity Station? Did it work and what price did you get charged?

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and 20" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Alas the Chargepoint deal looks like it is ending

Sadly this appears to be confirmed by Electricfelix 'The big ChargePoint party at Ionity lasted nearly half a year. But it's over now: 0,65/kWh still competitive if you forget about Maingau. Right now it's JuicePass season! #alwaysbecharging #ionity #pricing #update' https://t.co/T78hPuZBgB https://t.co/1GAoNX24Yr
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 pm

ianipace wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:20 pm

I've got the Plugsurfing RFID dongle, well two of them, as Plugsurfing on its own is 79p per Kw for Ionity, but if you get a dongle and twin it to the Jaguar Public Charging Ionity is £8 per charge! The RFID dongles are CLEARLY marked JAGUAR and NOT JAG!
Ian are these both ordered from PlugSurfing been trying to investigate if there is anyway of getting the Jaguar branded fob in the UK.
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg