Jaguar Public Charging Ionity Pricing

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Jaguar Public Charging Ionity Pricing

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm

spooky wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm
I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried the Jaguar Public Charging app in EU countries recently to confirm that they did get the 8.80 EUR fixed charge. If there are others as well then great.

I don't want to get into Europe and find it's going to cost more than that...
You can get it even cheaper with a ChargePoint card.

spooky

Post by spooky » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm
You can get it even cheaper with a ChargePoint card.
Could you be specific? Perhaps provide an example that you have recently had?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

spooky wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Could you be specific? Perhaps provide an example that you have recently had?
ChargePoint in the U.K. on Ionity: £7.60 per session
ChargePoint in the E.U. on Ionity: €7.60 per session

spooky

Post by spooky » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
Thanks. I had a look at the app and Ionity in Germany is being quoted as 7.54 EUR per session... That's great but it would be really helpful to hear from people who have recently used the Chargepoint app at an Ionity charger in the EU to confirm that this is the rate that will be paid.

Are you passing on information that you have found or have you used this recently in the EU and confirmed that this is the rate actually paid.

With Ionity having increased their charges so much I am surprised that these providers are not advertising these rates more heavily.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm

spooky wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
Thanks. I had a look at the app and Ionity in Germany is being quoted as 7.54 EUR per session... That's great but it would be really helpful to hear from people who have recently used the Chargepoint app at an Ionity charger in the EU to confirm that this is the rate that will be paid.

Are you passing on information that you have found or have you used this recently in the EU and confirmed that this is the rate actually paid.

With Ionity having increased their charges so much I am surprised that these providers are not advertising these rates more heavily.
I haven’t used it in the EU but have in the U.K. I’ve also had it confirmed recently with ChargePoint personally. It’s correct, and ChargePoint will always bill you what it says in their app. Up until about 2 or 3 months ago you could use Ionity for free in the U.K. with them!
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm
Thanks - just downloaded the App and set up an account - always good to have another RFID card and another App. I think I have now 9 apps and 6 RFID cards :D

FYI - Just checked the App and noticed that none of the Fastned charging stations are shown - so it seems you can't charge at Fastned with Chargepoint.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20A + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 51.400km | 2020 Efficiency 204watt/km.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks - just downloaded the App and set up an account - always good to have another RFID card and another App. I think I have now 9 apps and 6 RFID cards :D

FYI - Just checked the App and noticed that none of the Fastned charging stations are shown - so it seems you can't charge at Fastned with Chargepoint.
Yes that’s right. Unfortunately ChargePoint doesn’t have a huge cross-network system, and FastNed isn’t in there. But well worth having just for Ionity in all honesty. They also produce a “virtual” RFID card that you can add to Google Pay or your Apple wallet, meaning you can just tap your phone or Apple Watch (presumably Android watches too) instead of needing the physical card. One useful additional thing worth knowing is that the ChargePoint app will show you a graph of your charging session, so you can see what speeds you were getting.